User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphTT
    I thought Lin Dan hurt his leg really bad in s final? That was some pretty heavy tape. Someone mentioned that there were no smashes in first set but I would say that Taufik was justing doing what he had to do to win 1st set without going nuts, maybe leave a bit more in the tank if Dan started to dominate later on.

The think that Lin Dan showed what he is capable of in the semi tho. Awesome game that.
    no he didn't.. he lost fair and square

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jermaine
    if you are a badminton player yourself, you will certainly understand why lin dan lose on that day. unless you can say lindan perform extremely disappoining, then you are very wrong.
    badminton is not totally about winning, it's more of a gaining experience in touraments, well if your coach tells you that, we all expected him to lose on that day. WHY? simple, he had a 1hr and 45 mins match the day before. well, if taufik had vs peter gade on that day, and lin dan to vs chong wei, taufik might not win, peter gade is the never "give up type" though he lost i think 9 rounds since to lindan.

can you imagine? 1hr45mins match, why dont you guys try it out i think you cant even last for 30mins playing with them. how tiring isit, 1hr45 is extremely tiring, even if you get to rest, the day after you will definetly not perform well, injuries, mentally, etc.

and one more thing, lin dan takes part in more tournaments than taufik so probably that wore him down and the risk of getting injured is higher, that explains all the tapes over his legs. and every national player would go for a massage after the match, to relax their muscles.
    You're talking like Taufik doesn't deserve the WC... After he won Olympic fine. But please buddy, the man proved himself in more than 1 occasion now. Taufik won and Lin lost and that's enough to have my disapointment. Forget assumptions...

Quote Originally Posted by jermaine
    well, we should stop brooding over because whats over is over. both taufik and lindan are champions themselves being able to be the top world's best player, same to the others.
    You said it yourself, we should stop brooding over this but why do u revive an old thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    If Taufik owns Lin Dan, then the score would be 3-0 (now 4-0). I hate using a word like "own". I think no player "owns" another.

There are two facts:
    1. Taufik was superior
    2. Something was wrong with Lin Dan
    It is not an excuse. You can see it with your own eyes. I know some people cannot accept fact 2 because it downplays fact 1, but I think both are facts.
    the 2nd reason is correct. LD was extremely tired to play against TH in the final. it needs 97 minutes to ended up PGC's fight in the SF. TH vs LCW only 42 minutes. it looks like LD played 2 SF matches compare to TH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jermaine View Post
    if you are a badminton player yourself, you will certainly understand why lin dan lose on that day. unless you can say lindan perform extremely disappoining, then you are very wrong.
    badminton is not totally about winning, it's more of a gaining experience in touraments, well if your coach tells you that, we all expected him to lose on that day. WHY? simple, he had a 1hr and 45 mins match the day before. well, if taufik had vs peter gade on that day, and lin dan to vs chong wei, taufik might not win, peter gade is the never "give up type" though he lost i think 9 rounds since to lindan.

can you imagine? 1hr45mins match, why dont you guys try it out i think you cant even last for 30mins playing with them. how tiring isit, 1hr45 is extremely tiring, even if you get to rest, the day after you will definetly not perform well, injuries, mentally, etc.

and one more thing, lin dan takes part in more tournaments than taufik so probably that wore him down and the risk of getting injured is higher, that explains all the tapes over his legs. and every national player would go for a massage after the match, to relax their muscles.

taufik, too is a very strong smasher. he hold his racquet like a damn rocket, ready to launch it wide and taufik smashes are straight and accurate, so it really makes any player to really stretch it all out to get the shuttle. in my opinon, i think taufik smashes are faster than lindan's but i like lin dan's style of smashing. super cool.

well, we should stop brooding over because whats over is over. both taufik and lindan are champions themselves being able to be the top world's best player, same to the others.
    TH only play against LCW (the most unexperienced player compare to others). This is the first time for LCW to reach SF stage of big event. compare it to TH. AG 02 & OG 04 champion, AE 99 & 00 finals, and has a significant contribution to help Ina win TC 00 & 02.

while for LD vs PGC, LD is just like LCW, and PGC = TH. PGC won AE 99, runner - up in WC 01, #4 in OG 00, and so many. LD's best achievement only AE 04 champion, and he only played in one big events (WC 03).

that's why TH can win it easily, while LD must fight very hard to win against PGC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    Taufik is without doubt a living legend in Badminton, just like Pele or Maradona. He is the most perfect Badminton player of all times. He has always been the man to beat in every tournament. If there were any inter-planet Badminton tournament, Taufik will be the right person to represent Planet Earth. I think it will be difficult for the rest of the world players to win in any tournament in which Taufik plays. Taufik is just like Mike Tyson in his golden time. Every player loses before they play.

Now Li Yong Bo has to think very hard. He now realizes that the Thomas Cup will move to Indonesia. It is just a matter of time.
    what? the most perfect?
    Zhao Jian Hua was much more better than TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist View Post
    lin dan's mental was not ready... look at when he played againts 'unknown' japan player sato, he almost lost

lin dan will be haunted by taufik like chen hong.... taufik phobia is contagious among china players
    and right now, all of the Ina players afraid to LD
    H2H records:
    LD vs TH 9-5
    LD vs SDK 9-1 (or maybe 10-1)
    LD vs SS 4-1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4