Shon Seung Mo

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by yuval_ba, Aug 22, 2005.

1. yuval_ba

yuval_ba Regular Member

I was wondering what is up with him ever since the Olympics.
    He showed great performance in Athenes taking the silver, but decented ever since to the point of crashing 1-15 7-15 to world #29 in the 2nd round of the 2005 WC. and dropped to world ranking #16.
    I was wondering if there is any reason for it like injury/lack of training/personal problem ?
    Considering he is 25 right now he still could have at least few years to be around ...
    I would love to see him in better form in future events ...

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    maybe another victim for the wind... :rolleyes:

3. event

event Regular Member

If you look in detail, until the WC, he had only been losing to top 10 players: Gade, Bao, Hafiz, Chen Hong and once to Boonsak Ponsana in the Sudirman Cup.

One article I read referred vaguely to an injury but I don't know what exactly.

It seems obvious that something happened as he didn't play any tournaments between the Olympics and the German Open in February! I thought I'd heard he had knee or back surgery but I can't find any reference to this.

4. economet

economet Regular Member

Sohn Seungmo had a foot surgery last year. His fitness level was bad at German Open. This injury is a chronicle one, and he had it during the Athens Olympics, too. Maybe you all noticed that he could hardly walk at the finals match against Taufik Hidayat.

Hopefully, he can recover and show his best at the end of this year.

5. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

May be so, but from what I saw he beat himself most of the time by hitting into the net, long, wide, etc. Ghaffar didn't make it any easier for him either.