User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    shoe are not cheap! not anymore.

decent one, even in Asia are approaching US$80 per pair. over here they starts at around US$90.
    We can continue to debate tat shoe r exp, honestly rackets n shirts r not cheap too.
    Lets be honest to open up ur bag n cabinets nw, tell me how many shirts n rackets u ve being flirting nw?if u can buy these n u can buy a pair of shoe ev 6mth for heavy users? Roi?

Aside ur hand which doing the smashing for u we ve forget our feet do all the running. Why can we pamper our feet?
    U ve convert shoe to walking shoe when its no more good for court...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imho it is not necessary to clean shoes (after every training? can't believe this!!), maybe cleaning the sole with some water from time to time is a good thing (i never do that. sometimes use a wet towel on court to clean the shoes in between rallies, when the court is very dusty...).

for regular players (which in my opinion starts at like 5h a week or so), shoes do not last longer than a year.
    the cushioning diminishes, stability decreases, ...

do yourself a favor and change your shoes regularly. i think good shoes is even more important than rackets, cetainly morer important than clothing... (i get a new pair like twice a year or so, but i'm quite heavy fwiw...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently for my pair, I just stuff in a pack or two of those little gel silica packs to absorb the extra moisture after each session. Given that I'm in Malaysia and that my shoe closet is *somewhat* aired, I'm not worried about it being overdried. My concern would be more on not having it gradually turn from a pair of badminton shoes to a home-made, biological stink bomb (which my running shoes now unfortunately suffers).

I'm looking around where I could purchase some bamboo charcoal to place inside my shoes, heard that the bamboo charcoal could work as both a humidity regulator and odour eliminator. Would be great if anyone could give some feedback on this, if it helps I'd definitely want to get it for my running shoes too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use dryer sheets in my shoes and shoe compartment to fight odors. also spray lysol once in a while.

i duct tape my insoles to make them last longer. had a tear on the right small toe and got it repaired by a shoe shop for us$20.

i was into remote control cars. To increase the grip on our tires we used simple green cleaner. I used this on my old SHB 200's and it brought the rubber back to life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duct tape? Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to duct tape my left hand shoe to avoid getting a hole. Other than that I just tend to Air them after each session.

Really need new insoles though, the Yonex stock ones have gone paper thin after 4 months or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vomit View Post
    I have to duct tape my left hand shoe to avoid getting a hole. Other than that I just tend to Air them after each session.

Really need new insoles though, the Yonex stock ones have gone paper thin after 4 months or so.
    Spenco Total Support is the way to go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure if its the right place to ask but ... i had a good pair of court shoe which are still look good but I left it for quite awhile (and i do mean really quite awhile) and now it is very slippery in court. any way to regain the grip on an old shoe?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The rubber would have deteriorated and hardened due to ozonation if over 4-5 yrs, so nothing you can do to revive it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off season one pair can last about 4 months, till then at least the dampening is almost gone and the shoe needs to be replaced. Some friends train hard everyday and get supplied with 6-10 pairs every year.
    If you jump a lot, are heavy etc. shoes will show wear sooner.

I use custom made glass fiber/carbon compound insoles. If the shoe smell, I get them fresh again in the washing machine and when the dampening is gone, I use them as sneakers for casual wear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLynx View Post
    I'm looking around where I could purchase some bamboo charcoal to place inside my shoes, heard that the bamboo charcoal could work as both a humidity regulator and odour eliminator. Would be great if anyone could give some feedback on this, if it helps I'd definitely want to get it for my running shoes too
    You can get it all DAISO outlets. They have all sorts of styles including for shoes. RM5/pair. it works for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2