User Tag List

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry if i sounded rude to u ppl. but i had treated many mental disorder patients who worship n idolize too much a well-known figure. usually, they are mostly teenagers with ultra-high hormonal activity, hence their irrational behaviour. But there are some adults who never grow out of this phase. These simple minded ppl can be manipulated and breakdown easily. so practise moderation, rationale and close family ties are important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_teh
    sorry if i sounded rude to u ppl. but i had treated many mental disorder patients who worship n idolize too much a well-known figure. usually, they are mostly teenagers with ultra-high hormonal activity, hence their irrational behaviour. But there are some adults who never grow out of this phase. These simple minded ppl can be manipulated and breakdown easily. so practise moderation, rationale and close family ties are important.
    well, i think it is normal for us to be happy and overjoy if we bump into someone special. Well, won't you be surprised if you run into one of the DEWA members, Siti Nurhaliza or Kris Dayanti? or maybe one of the world leaders? I don't think LLLean worships LCW: She is just surprised and happy about the unexpected meet and chat with LCW.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_teh
    Since doctor_teh has apologised, I hope everybody will consider this particular matter as having reached its endpoint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok... pls dun hv a 'war' here... thx dr teh for ur explanation n apologies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to send a PM to doctor_teh, but the system didn't allow. So sorry for using this thread. doctor_teh, if u need to respond, please pm me directly, so we needn't use this thread.

To suggest that idolizing sportsmen is something that has to be cured only reflects one's poor judgement and narrow-mindedness. And to even mention mental patients? My goodness. I really hope people can open up their mind and learn more about this world and understand that there is so much that we do not know instead of thinking we know so much and making judgement. There is so, so much about our world that we, including the medical world, still dont understand.

The point of my previous posting was to share with you all how amazed i was that i ran into LCW; it's something i never, never expected. And also to point out that he seems a very nice person. There was an older guy who saw me taking pix with LCW and who also asked LCW if he could snap pix of him. He took a pix of just LCW while this person's wife stood by. Guess there were 2 happy people that day.

Ok, let's talk about LCW again..... Did anyone notice that in the MO finals, LCW executed a couple backhand drives from back court, which i've never seen him do before. It's like a pseudo backhand smash. I hope someday, it could be developed into a lethal backhand smash, much like Taufik's. I'm curious if anyone noticed it.
    Last edited by LLLean; 06-29-2006 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malaysianfan
    well, i think it is normal for us to be happy and overjoy if we bump into someone special. Well, won't you be surprised if you run into one of the DEWA members, Siti Nurhaliza or Kris Dayanti? or maybe one of the world leaders? I don't think LLLean worships LCW: She is just surprised and happy about the unexpected meet and chat with LCW.
    actually it is not normal. even if u happen to meet these 'famous' ppl, they are still humans. no need to b overjoyed. it is not like see-ing back a long lost family member or fren. so i agree with the good doctor. idol-worshipping is a sign of a weak and simple mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestDemon
    actually it is not normal. even if u happen to meet these 'famous' ppl, they are still humans. no need to b overjoyed. it is not like see-ing back a long lost family member or fren. so i agree with the good doctor. idol-worshipping is a sign of a weak and simple mind.
    I have to agree with the idol worship problem.

- Look at the ridiculously long queues all the young girls were in so as to get an autograph from their idol boybands and they started queuing 3 days before the band is going to visit the mall!

- Look at them chartering a taxi and following their idols' every single move around the city.

- Look at them developing a sense of irrational perfection about their idols and never being able to accept any flaws about their idols (badminton fans fall into this as well).

Having idols is okay, but idol worship is bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestDemon
    Well, i don't agree with idol-worshipping too. What i was trying to say is that i don't think LLLean is idol-worshipping LCW. She was just happy and surprised to meet LCW unexpectedly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey EastDevil & WestDemon, just thot both of your posts are Out Of Topic here. Can I suggest one of you to create a thread elsewhere, with title like "Idol worshipping : is it a problem??".

By the way, are you two related?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, guys! I'm new and I noticed the 'war' here. Just to say my opinion-When you meet your idol, you will surely get excited...but this is not idol worshipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I am not trying to start a war, but just want to express my opinions after reading some of the posts here and other threads. As I have joined this forum for few months now. I enjoy this forum so much (Sorry for being off topic again). I appreciate what the moderators have done to keep this forum running, Thank you Kwun, Cheung and others that I didn’t mention here.

First of all, I disagree with idol worshipping but Idol worshipping has got nothing to do with LLLean’s meeting LCW coincidentally in the mall here. Second, she didn’t say anything to worship or exaggerate LCW’s skills. She mainly said, she likes LCW the most out of the top four players since LCW is from the same hometown as her, Penang. Third, judging LLLean as idol worshipping without meeting her in person is what you call insensible and irrelevant. Fourth, bringing up and linking idol worshipping with mental disorder is not appropriate. Since doctor teh has appologised, the off-topic posts should be ignored here and it is unnecessary for Eastevil to bring up that comment. I did not mean to be rude or anything, but I just do not want this thread to be close because of the insensible posts. As Kwun said, think before you post. There are some threads that are getting too “hot” and the moderators have to close them.

One more thing here, people from Malaysia think that Malaysia players are the best does not mean they are nationalism. They just sharing who they think are the best with all the other former here only.

Peace…

Kent
    Last edited by eguitarcoolboy; 06-29-2006 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default WoW!

wow, lCW is the new world no. 1!! yeah!!!! good !! congratulations to him!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations to him too!!!im so happy....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eguitarcoolboy
    Hi all, I am not trying to start a war, but just want to express my opinions after reading some of the posts here and other threads. As I have joined this forum for few months now. I enjoy this forum so much (Sorry for being off topic again). I appreciate what the moderators have done to keep this forum running, Thank you Kwun, Cheung and others that I didn’t mention here.

First of all, I disagree with idol worshipping but Idol worshipping has got nothing to do with LLLean’s meeting LCW coincidentally in the mall here. Second, she didn’t say anything to worship or exaggerate LCW’s skills. She mainly said, she likes LCW the most out of the top four players since LCW is from the same hometown as her, Penang. Third, judging LLLean as idol worshipping without meeting her in person is what you call insensible and irrelevant. Fourth, bringing up and linking idol worshipping with mental disorder is not appropriate. Since doctor teh has appologised, the off-topic posts should be ignored here and it is unnecessary for Eastevil to bring up that comment. I did not mean to be rude or anything, but I just do not want this thread to be close because of the insensible posts. As Kwun said, think before you post. There are some threads that are getting too “hot” and the moderators have to close them.

One more thing here, people from Malaysia think that Malaysia players are the best does not mean they are nationalism. They just sharing who they think are the best with all the other former here only.

Peace…

Kent
    I'm glad to see some posts that are making sense, thanks for replying

P/S : It's kinda weird if u bump into Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt and act like nothing just because u think idol worshipping is so not cool and I wouldn't do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik_lin16
    wow, lCW is the new world no. 1!! yeah!!!! good !! congratulations to him!!
    congratulations to LCW.Jia you!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW..... boleh lah for this time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mesti boleh lah.....

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast