Gao Ling... who else hates her?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by BoboTheBadder, Aug 23, 2005.

1. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    So I was always under the impression that Gao/Huang were the nicest professional badminton players ever. That was before I met her during WC2005. Whoever thinks their lovely smiles and fun personalities makes them nice people are kidding themselves. Gao Ling is a completely different person in front of the camera than in real life. I hate to say this, especially I know that there are lots of her fans here, but she's a complete [insert bad word that starts with letter b here]. She is completely rude to her fans, ignoring them most of the time. Everytime someone asks for a picture with her when she has nothing to do, she just waves you off by telling you later or ignoring you. It's the same when you try to get her autograph.

When there are no cameras around, she's always grumpy looking and will only talk to people she's very familar with, sometimes even not that. I'll let you guys know that not everyone on the Chinese team likes her either. All those gold medals around her neck has gotten to her head, it would seem. The worst part is that since Huang is much like Gao too, but only slightly better. Anyone else who talked to her during the tournament have any feelings about this?

Anyway, I'm happy she didn't win any gold medals this last WC.

2. - 73* -

- 73* - Regular Member

thats not true, she was sooooo friendly when i met her at the hong kong open...

3. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    That's almost scary to imagine. :( Gao Ling.... friendly? Sigh... I wish she was, but something must have happened between then and now.

4. restricted_

restricted_ Regular Member

i think she's nice. the last time i saw her on aviva open 05 she's so friendly. even when people approach her while she's warming up, she'll still talk to that person and smiles back. maybe she wasnt in a good mood the other time you saw her.

5. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    to err is to be human

best to give her the benefit of the doubt before passing harsh judgement

cheers from sunny malaysia

8man

6. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

I stay at home as much as possible
    Don't know much about Gao Ling but Huang Sui is very nice and easy going, i went for dinner with her and a few friends and then later on for some karaoke.

7. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    PMS? Quarrel with Chen Hong?

Come on, nobody's a saint - everybody's grumpy sometimes.

8. restricted_

restricted_ Regular Member

wow! that's so cool! you know her in person?

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Yeah, Bobo... you probably caught her on a bad day:). Gao look like the friendly sort and I am sure that she wasn't too happy with her performance in WC'05 and maybe in a bad mood when you asked for her autograph.

10. msenghl

msenghl Regular Member

Project Manager
    Is Huang Sui pretty in person? I believe she will look better in normal dressing, but she look big though.

11. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

maybe she has a bad mood after losing in the WC XD.

12. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

she'd feel better if you give her a dart board with Zhang Jun picture printed on it :D

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I just had to reply to this one - it's priceless. How about a dartboard with Zhang Jun STRAPPED to it. :D:D

14. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

you forget that in China... murder is sentenced to execution. :D

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Murder? Whatever made you thnk of that. Torture was more of what I had in mind. You know, launch the darts at strategic body parts :crying:.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p:D

16. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    y wat's wrong wif zhang jun?
    did he do sth at the WC ?
    lol i didn't watch their matches...

17. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    That is so funny, guys. I saw her at AE2005 after the WD final (which she won) and I thought she was really friendly with her fans, always smiling. So I think you just got her on a bad day. It happens, man, nobody expects her to be friendly all the time. And instead of a dart board with Zhang Jun's picture on it, how about a board with LYB's picture on it? Man, that would sell pretty well amongst the Chinese team. :p

18. jester

jester Regular Member

Non-English Speaking Asians

You know what, I think English speaking fans should give non-English speakings athletes the benefit of the doubt. I saw the recently held MVP Cup in Manila (Europe vs. Asia) last month. Among the Asians playing were Taufik, Lin Dan, Zhang Ning, Saralee & Sathinee of Thailand, and the two Malaysians (Koo Kian Keat & his doubles partner). They are generally all shy because they (probably) don't know how to express themselves. If only they could understand us fans speaking to them in English or their native tongues, they would really be friendlier, warm, and accommodating. In contrast, the Europeans, especially Gail Emms and Nathan Robertson among others, were really accommodating and they play up to the crowd. Having a good grasp of English really boosts your confidence. So please, give non-English speaking athletes a break. I, as a Filipino, have a very good grasp of English but would even be sometimes intimidated talking to English speaking caucasians. What more for the Chinese, Koreans, Malaysians, Thais, Indonesians, Japanese. They usually envy us Filipinos for being very English eloquent. Their trying to catch up though with many of them coming over just to study English.
    As far as I'm concerned, I really like Gao Ling coz she is very smiling even under intense pressure during a game. :)
    That's as far as Gao Ling though. I can't say that with Zhang Jun. He's an arrogant stumpy Prick!!!! :D

#18 jester, Aug 24, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Which day u got this case? To my very surprise, my friend (who attended WC05 since day 1), told me the exactly same story (day 1). She tried to ask for autograph from Gao/Huang, only got some mean look back as reply. She's quite upset about this, as she's a big fan of this pair for yrs.

At least, she got a good time with the younger pair Zhang Dan/Zhang Yawen, though. ;)

20. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

I stay at home as much as possible

i was hanging out with a friend in the China open and he knows most of the Chinese players and he told me Huang Sui loves a particular Thai restaurant in Guangzhou and has to go there every time she visits the city. So we went for dinner together and hung out the rest of the night, unfortunatley we couldnt communicate due to language barriers.