If u r Offensive player..how to play against defensive player ??

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by KronE, Aug 24, 2005.

1. KronE

KronE Regular Member

as defensive player r able to return back my jump smash..is there any ways to beat those defensive player ?? dropping & lobbing ??

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Are your jumpsmash from the baseline? If it is, then it's easy to retrieve. High clears that goes to the baseline are harder to attack (punch clears are worse), so don't bother unless you can actually get behind it fast enough and actually place it where you want.

Any shots you make, the ideal return you elicit should be a fore to midcourt lift. How you get those juicy returns will depend on how much you stretch your opponent. Vary your attack with punch clears and drops. Only smash when you are sure that you can place the shot away from your opponent. Also don't get too fancy with your smash, fast and efficient beats style any day. If he has good defense, you might not be able to get him on the bodyshots. Vary placement and power of your shot ( I know... easier said than done:eek:) and you'll be able to get those juicy smasheable returns:D.

#2 cappy75, Aug 24, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  3. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

I simply continue attacking till i dig a hole in his racquet. Or if he's a real wall, a little deceptive drop will take him off his shoes

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Or, if he has good return, he will let u tired out and completly miss ur own shots... :p

5. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

or better if you move him around first then after that you attack him. you can play some net shots or any other shots first before attacking. Like taufik, he usualy play a lot of net games before he attack his opponent...

6. keith_aquino

keith_aquino Regular Member

part-time student, full-time baddy fanatic
    That's true. :( Sometimes I'm caught guilty trying to be a poser in front of new "baddy" players. :p

My strategy is to frequently smash to the opponent; by doing this, it would be hard for him (or her) to clear the shuttle. Another important thing is to learn to adapt with your opponent, and not just do one sytle.

7. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    I agree with what you say here. Move the defensive player around and see how his attacks are. Move him around and work with your net plays until he's caught unprepared or out of position for a good smash.

8. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Yep! It's much harder to retrieve a shot when you have to move to get it. Move your opponent enough and eventually he'll pop up a BBQ shot:D.

9. RealMad

RealMad Regular Member

Figure out at which point your smash is effective.

It's rare to find players who can hit a smash from the baseline for a point. Heck, if you can hit a point-winner from the back doubles service line, that's already a good smash.

That being the case, against a good defensive player, avoid the temptation to smash until you're at a decent kill zone. If you get a lob at the baseline, push it back until you get a shorter one. Patience will lead to the win.