Chinese Team back to China

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by ants, Aug 24, 2005.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well a very dissapointed outing from Team China in the WC. I heard certain players got tongue lashing from LYB. Rumours said that Lin Dan lost because he was feeling tired after marathon match against Peter Gade.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      27.3 KB
      Views:
  2. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Then we should be glad to see Zhou Mi alive ;)

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    what i was told by someone who was at the WC was that LD tensed up like he did at athen but due to taufik's skill(vs susilo), it made LD look even worst. When LD walk off the court, he look dazed and paled. What do u expect when 1.5 billion countrymen expected u to win gold?
    Like i said before, LD weakness is mental, net in that order. His BH shot had improved. This of course doesnt discredit taufik, he played superbly and in control, mental and body.

#3 cooler, Aug 24, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  4. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Well i don't think Lin dan's weakness is mental, even for his age he's a really really consistent player ... He has this " never give up " in him, and i think everybody will agree that he's quite strong mentally, but as EVERY player even the best, sometimes the pressure is too strong and you're obligated to fall in it .. but that's the sport, he played a really really extraordinary match against peter gade !! i think he shouldn't have any regrets, he's going to learn from this and it will surely give him more experience for the future, even if now he's a very experienced player lol =p

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    There's no shame to lose to Taufik in the final, as he only lost to a better player (at least at that moment). Taufik deserves his own credit on his own performance.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    he's a really really consistent player ??? played great against PG and bomb out with taufik

He has this " never give up " in him??? and then u say 'EVERY player even the best, sometimes the pressure is too strong and you're obligated to fall in it'.

i think he shouldn't have any regrets???not after a mouthful from LYB

7. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    Haha, they're still all wearing the same clothes from finals night... well except Bao. I got to talk to him right before he went back to his hotel for the last time. Waiting for him to come online so I can ask him about everything, since I have no money for calls to China at the moment. :crying:

8. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Whatz up with China?
    They got Gold and Silver in WS[OK Zhou Mi lost...so What?they wanted even the Bronze??],Gold,Silver and Bronze in WD,Silver in MXD and Silver in MS.

What do they want?all the 15 medals available?
    Lin Dan's Won a silver medal.Is that not an acheivement enough?So what if he lost in the Final?
    Tell u what had somebody won a Silver at the WC in India[or few other countries] ,he would by now have become a national hero and even if this was the only one, he would be remembered for years to come.China should be Satisfied with no. of medals the won.
    No Offence but this is the Way it should be...China should be made to work harder and harder for medals by other countries.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Well China have high standards compare to other countries. They know that the players are capable of delivering. However the results are not as good as they expected..

10. BoboTheBadder

Student
    Because LYB excepts gold and nothing but gold from his players.

11. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Yes,But they are setting very very high standards.For the sake of the sport i hope they dont get what they want[golds in all events]

12. taufik_brother

taufik_brother Regular Member

LYB, you should understand.
    nobodys perfect, including your players :)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

IMO, it could be psychological or mental for LinDan, but i don't think playing in a "big" tournament, esp. playing in a "neutral" court with many Chinese supporters cheering him. He HAS been on a "big stage" before in the Olympics last year and Sudirman Cup this year as well as other countless Opens, both in his country or abroad. Draws could be a factor, but i just don't think playing in front of a big crowd should be a factor for him.
    I just feel for some unknown reason, right now he's just "powerless" playing against Taufik or you can say he has "Taufik-phobia". In the SC, he struggled and barely won the 1st set, after Taufik had led and almost closed out the game. In 2nd set, Taufik just yielded. However, in the recent S'pore Open, LinDan just didn't know what to do against Taufik, losing in straight sets and now in this WC.

Sure, he still could learn from this, as we will see what he does in the upcoming Indonesian Open next month, if he'll meet Taufik again.

#13 ctjcad, Aug 24, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  14. Gunawan

Gunawan Regular Member

I was told by the some of the Chinese players (Huang Sui and Bao CL) during dinner last week that the Chinese players won't be participating in the Indonesia Open next month due to a schedule conflict with the Chinese National tournament which will be held at the same time.:crying:

15. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

i think winning about 6 or 7 tournament in a row .. yes you are consistent !!! and reaching at least semi-final !! yes for me you are very consistent !!!

About this never give up, as i said SOMETIMES the pressure is too strong, you can't resist even if you want it, and i think in the final, tiredness with pressure he couldn't face a very very great play from taufik.

Of course he shouln't haev no regrets, because he reached the final, but he failed against someone who was just better than him here. Lin dan shouldn't have no regrets, i don't talk about li yongbo =p

16. ants

ants Regular Member

I think Taufik will be the fav to win Indo open.. he is currently in a winning form..

17. Togey

Togey Regular Member

i thik lin dan doesn't need to play some many opens at one go - it seriously damages his health!

lol my original post got deleted

18. BoboTheBadder

Student
    Well, the Chinese team was supposed to do a tour of the US to showcase badminton, but they refused due to their preparations for the Chinese Nationals... unless they were paid $250k per city they toured. :eek:

19. chemile

chemile Regular Member

IMO, LYB sometimes overconfident with his compatriot, and it made pressure with their player. Probably LYB wanted to raise their motivation, but it turned over pressure. Anyway, so sad heard that Chinese players won't come to Indonesia in Indonesia Open. Even that in WC they were not too success, their ability are amazing, and show great talented and high skill level.

20. viver

viver Regular Member

I don't think China is different from Indonesia on they view badminton tournaments. Indonesia managers may be more intelligent by not making public the objectives, but I believe internally the pressure is not less than their Chinese counterparts. ;)