User Tag List

View Poll Results: how should a badminton crowd cheer?

Voters
914. You may not vote on this poll
  • loudly! make lots of noise between and during rallies (eg. INA open)

278 30.42%
  • loudly, make noise only between rallies, stay quiet during rallies.

490 53.61%
  • quiet, hand clapping between rallies. (eg. JPN open)

117 12.80%
  • dead silence all the time.

29 3.17%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheer anytime. encourage audience participation. otherwise there would be little point to going to a live badminton event. it's all in good fun anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer the stadium to come alive with noise, action and colour. It should be a cauldron of excitement, If the rules allow it, bring along your 'music- and noise-making' instruments, whether home-made or bought, paint your face, wear your team's fanciful colours or mascots, gang up to deliver a punchline or sing a chorus, fly your flag, dance on the aisle, enjoy yourself!

Badminton must be seen as entertainment, therefore spectators must feel that they have enjoyed themselves when they leave the stadium. The crowd should be allowed to join in the merry making uninhibited so long as they don't break the law. Let the umpire control the proceedings on court and make sure that the game runs smoothly.

Supporters should not hestitate to cheer their favourites, urge them on, cajole them to make a big smash, make noise to support their winning shots and for long and interesting rallies particularly in doubles, etc. Inhibit them and they will not enjoy themselves and they may not return to support the game. I rather have a noisy stadium than a dead and quiet one.

However, spectators must also learn to be more considerate and should not do things for long periods that may interfere with the viewing pleasure of those around them e.g. by consisitently standing up and blocking their view. But I would also urge those who prefer to be less active to be more understanding that a spillover of excitement and youthful exuberance is inevitable and they should learn to give and take, otherwise it may be better for them to stay home and watch the telly.

Make a badminton event an item of entertainment and expectation, a time for enjoying oneself, a place to be seen and heard, a meeting place for friends, relatives and acquaintances and a place to let go of one's emotions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it's to-each-his/her-own. It's true that badminton is not like golf, where the audience MUST be quiet while the players are hitting the ball.

I personally prefer to only cheer after rallies and to allow the players to concentrate during rallies by being quiet (but that's just my own preference).

I guess, like in the US or Indonesia, it's really just difficult to contain zeal and emotions when you really want your players to win.

Maybe the only taboo or forbidden thing to do is to distract the players by shouting "OUT" or "IN" or "FAULT" or by using light (e.g. flash from a camera, etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When watching badminton

Crowd Noise is good! - but I also must hear the shuttle being hit

- the solution is just how the ppl covering it setup/capture the sound for the event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wedgewenis
    When watching badminton

Crowd Noise is good! - but I also must hear the shuttle being hit

- the solution is just how the ppl covering it setup/capture the sound for the event.
    Yes,i agree.Crowd noise btw and during the rallies infact add to the interest of watching a match..but definitely they should n't be that loud that i cant hear the Shuttle at all.Coz primarily i have come to watch a badminton match and enjoy myself.So,i would like it to be noisy during the rally[but not that noisy that i cant hear the shuttle sound at all] and after the rally anything will do.The crowd can scream their head off after the rally and i would n't mind.
    So my vote is like ,btw options 1 and 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nkiattin
    Loud is good but no yelling "OUT" or "IN" though. I think the loud cheering kept Howard going during the match. But he should definitely stop interacting with the crowd because he got warned twice.
    Loud anytime is good. I esp like the ooowwaaa Azwok was talkin about..

You are not allowed to interact with the crowd?... hmm how did he interact??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like loud, encouraging, expressive and energetic crowd!!!!

love it, wc crowd is awesome, as for indo open (which i attended last year) the crowd was energetic, but slightly rude to indonesian players' opponent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The louder the better. Make the game more exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loudly! make lots of noise between and during rallies

I think getting a whole crowd behind you would be a big confidence boost. When the crowd is really cheering then it would make you up your game.
    Also if the crowd puts you off then you obviously aren't 100% committed to the game. The top pros in any game should be able to play with noisy crowds or they shouldn't play, with all their training and practice ignoring a crowd should be easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    The louder the better. Make the game more exciting.
    Ya noise and exictement make games better! No question about it! Imagine an NBA game with no one cheering... it would suck, no electrical atmosphere, it would be kinda lame.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have you guys seen it when one players smashes and the crowd shouts out together just as the player smashes? And if it's a winning smash they go wild?

I just love that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

noise somehow was really annoying especially with those against u!
    i remembered that there was a game (but forgot in which tournament). that was peter gade vs soni dwi kuncoro. peter's performance was pretty bad just because of the noise which was made by soni's fans during rallies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgot to mention. my vote's for "quiet, hand clapping between rallies. (eg. JPN open)"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loud or anything esle is fine but manner is important. Personnaly I don't like hooliganism like the sort of behaviour of some Indonesian supporters, abusing and intentionally blocking the other opposing supporters so to provoke confrontations, placing their banner infront of you to annoy you. I seen this alot and sat next to Indonesian supporters during Thomas Cup in KL, scary ! and poor 5 Danish fans with their flag was covered by a group of Indonesian supporter with their flag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it should be loud to show support but sometimes during rallies it might be annoying. But of course if the rallies are exciting, who wouldn't get a little excited?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i choose "loudly, make noise only between rallies, stay quiet during rallies". For me, badminton is fun and intense sport. Crowd that making noise during rallies is also fine with me but it should've respect on the other side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah its fun

but not if you're the one who's making the mistakes.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast