User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Playing in Europe - September 20th to November 30th

Hi guys,

I'm finally going to realise my dream of travelling to Europe! First time going there and not sure what to expect. I wouldn't mind while I'm travelling around if I get a chance to play badminton with any of you who either live somewhere in Europe or will also be there at that time.

If you are, I would love to meet you for a coffee and talk badminton all day or for a game! I won't be bringing my racquet so I hope you have a spare!

Cities I'll be visiting: Amsterdam,Hamburg,Prague,Vienna, Munich, Brussels, Paris and most of France, cities in Spain, All of Italy and Greece

Hope there's someone out there keen for a hit! Gotta keep fit while travelling!

aDeLiNa...

P.S Not sure if you guys heard about this..NZ sport teams have always have names that either has "Black" or "Ferns" in them, e.g All Blacks (rugby), Tall Blacks (basketball) and the Black Sox (softball). To promote badminton in NZ, the officials decided on a catchy but controversial name, not sure you heard of it..but it's the Black C*cks. As you can imagine, some ppl thought that was funny, others, especially the Maoris, were not too amused! Oh well..can't pleased everyone! But the jokes have been coming in quick and thick making fun of this. Like can you imagine, during like some official badminton tournament in front of 'big shot' ppl, you can hear over the PA system "Will the Black C*cks please rise for the national anthem..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adelina,

You have great sense of humour.

P.S Not sure if you guys heard about this..NZ sport teams have always have names that either has "Black" or "Ferns" in them, e.g All Blacks (rugby), Tall Blacks (basketball) and the Black Sox (softball). To promote badminton in NZ, the officials decided on a catchy but controversial name, not sure you heard of it..but it's the Black C*cks. As you can imagine, some ppl thought that was funny, others, especially the Maoris, were not too amused! Oh well..can't pleased everyone! But the jokes have been coming in quick and thick making fun of this. Like can you imagine, during like some official badminton tournament in front of 'big shot' ppl, you can hear over the PA system "Will the Black C*cks please rise for the national anthem..." [/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adelina76

If you are, I would love to meet you for a coffee and talk badminton all day or for a game! I won't be bringing my racquet so I hope you have a spare!

Cities I'll be visiting: Amsterdam,Hamburg,Prague,Vienna, Munich, Brussels, Paris and most of France, cities in Spain, All of Italy and Greece
    UK is not on your list Will you be taking badminton shoes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    UK is not on your list Will you be taking badminton shoes?
    Well, I only have 2.5 months to travel around Europe and so I had to give UK a miss, especially with the weather turning cold in September, so got to make most of the sunshine and trying to travel from north to south..then again, never say no...when I'm in France, I might hop across, but at the moment, not part of my itinerary...are you going to be in UK Cheung?

I will be bringing my badminton shoes if I know there's going to be ppl to play badminton with, nudge,nudge, hint,hint

I'm also scared to go to UK at present...dangerous times..

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...are you going to be in UK Cheung?

I will be bringing my badminton shoes if I know there's going to be ppl to play badminton with, nudge,nudge, hint,hint

I'm also scared to go to UK at present...dangerous times..
    In fact, yes. I'll be in UK for a couple of weeks with an outside chance of visiting Paris!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Paris

Paris is a nice city ,in case you come ,you can come and play with us asptt paris badminton , call me lamcm@free.fr 33142607547 ,MING
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    In fact, yes. I'll be in UK for a couple of weeks with an outside chance of visiting Paris!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I'm near Heidelberg/Germany if you are in the Region and need a Place to sleep and play Badminton Send my a PM. When yo Draw a triangle Heidelberg should be between Munich, Hamburg and Paris. Anyway a lot to see for 2 1/2 months

Hi guys,

I'm finally going to realise my dream of travelling to Europe! First time going there and not sure what to expect. I wouldn't mind while I'm travelling around if I get a chance to play badminton with any of you who either live somewhere in Europe or will also be there at that time.

Hope there's someone out there keen for a hit! Gotta keep fit while travelling!

aDeLiNa...

P.S Not sure if you guys heard about this..NZ sport teams have always have names that either has "Black" or "Ferns" in them, e.g All Blacks (rugby), Tall Blacks (basketball) and the Black Sox (softball). To promote badminton in NZ, the officials decided on a catchy but controversial name, not sure you heard of it..but it's the Black C*cks. As you can imagine, some ppl thought that was funny, others, especially the Maoris, were not too amused! Oh well..can't pleased everyone! But the jokes have been coming in quick and thick making fun of this. Like can you imagine, during like some official badminton tournament in front of 'big shot' ppl, you can hear over the PA system "Will the Black C*cks please rise for the national anthem..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default welcome to italy

italy is not badminton paradise but you can find many places to play, maybe it is only hard to find them

it will be nice to have a match with a kiwi, if you come in milan.
    there are even clubs in sicily, rome, naples...

see you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default She is good

Watch out guys, she is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shush Mel!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel
    Watch out guys, she is good
    You're going to create high expectations from these guys that I may not be able to meet and they'll be disappointed! I think Gheri is a really good player too since he plays in international tournaments.

Actually that reminds me, Is the French Open and Italian Open (for badminton of course) around Sept or Oct or Nov? Hehehe, maybe I should participate for fun Anyone playing in these tournaments need a mix or doubles partner?