Is is bad to Heat an injury for prolonged periods ?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by wedgewenis, Aug 24, 2005.

1. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

just wondering about putting heat on my shoulder .. i have tendonitis and i know that u shouldn't Ice your shoulder for more than 15-20 mins at a time

but is there anything wrong with leaving heat on the shoulder for *hours* as a form of therapy?

2. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    u should not do that. u should seek a doctor and ask for proffessional advice before u do anything that can hurt yourself.

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Get some papain and bromelain and put one of each (for synergistic effect)between your gum and cheek and let them be absorbed by your body. Do this before meals or 3 hours after meals. In a few days you will see wonders of wonders. These two are fruit enzymes and have powerful anti-inflammatory properties as good as if not better than NSAIDS, but without the undesirable side effects of NSAIDS.

4. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

No, there's nothing wrong with heating your shoulder for hours. Yet it may not solve your problem either.

But if you find it helps, do it :)

As always, remember that your doctor is a better source of information than the punters on badmintoncentral ;)

5. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I had tendonitis, but in my knee. The doctor i went to see told me to put those heat bags on it. I put the bags on at a decent heat once an hour or two depending on how long it took to cool.
    But don't take this as law go and see a doctor.

6. other

other Regular Member

Student
    i would say the best therapy is to rest ur shoulder and not play badmiton with that arm for a while until it gets better. if u are icing and heating ur shoulder after every baddy session i'd go see a doctor:(