User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default taufik on talk show

taufik is on tv, on a talk show called "famous to famous", basicly he sits there along with mulyo, agum, and xd coach (richard), as for lilyana and nova, theyre not there , the interviewer said they are 'pulang kampung' or going back to their hometowns, but still, they are there via phone, taufik is chatty and polite, and of course all smiles, so the rumors that hes rude may not be true
    taufik said he envied nova and butet, he wants to go home too, lol (he looks so cute)
    nova says he gets lots of ducks (yea, ducks) from people around him at his hometown (apparently nova is on the road)
    the interviewer asks nova whose face was in his mind when he finally managed to captured the gold, and he said,,,nobody!lol
    and some phone calls coming, some guy asks about taufik getting married, a girl asks his fan club address (it turned out he didnt have any ), but most of them congratulate them, oh, and some housewife called and she said she had a promise that she would make rendang padang (indonesian food) for taufik if taufik won, and she planned to send it to pbsi
    so i say, taufik IS polite, and hes charming, not to mention a joy to watch, he looks so different that what we used to see , cool
    and when a caller said "taufik, im your fan", the interviewer softly murmured "who isnt?", lol

great interview, lots of laugh, taufik is all smiles makes me love him more("is" not "was" becos its still on)
    Last edited by aiyuuw; 08-26-2005 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, butet == Lilyana?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aiyuuw
    taufik is on tv, on a talk show called "famous to famous", basicly he sits there along with mulyo, agum, and xd coach (richard), as for lilyana and nova, theyre not there , the interviewer said they are 'pulang kampung' or going back to their hometowns, but still, they are there via phone, taufik is chatty and polite, and of course all smiles, so the rumors that hes rude may not be true
    taufik said he envied nova and butet, he wants to go home too, lol (he looks so cute)
    nova says he gets lots of ducks (yea, ducks) from people around him at his hometown (apparently nova is on the road)
    the interviewer asks nova whose face was in his mind when he finally managed to captured the gold, and he said,,,nobody!lol
    and some phone calls coming, some guy asks about taufik getting married, a girl asks his fan club address (it turned out he didnt have any ), but most of them congratulate them, oh, and some housewife called and she said she had a promise that she would make rendang padang (indonesian food) for taufik if taufik won, and she planned to send it to pbsi
    so i say, taufik IS polite, and hes charming, not to mention a joy to watch, he looks so different that what we used to see , cool
    and when a caller said "taufik, im your fan", the interviewer softly murmured "who isnt?", lol

great interview, lots of laugh, taufik is all smiles makes me love him more("is" not "was" becos its still on)
    But yesterday I saw Taufik on an infotainment and he is quite rude
    Because it is hard for me to express the rudeness in English so I will write it in Indonesian (sorry for you that don't understand Indonesian)
    wawancaranya kurang lebih begini gua ga inget persis :
    "Taufik, Anda kelihatan lebih tenang (ga temperamental maksudnya) di WC05 ini, kenapa bisa begitu ya ??"
    trus dijawab, "Emanknya kenapa sih kalo saya lebih tenang ?? Pada ga seneng ya ? Bukannya bagus kalo saya lebih tenang ?"
    Kasar ga sehhh ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

for me i think its wch too... he's so nice and also a vry funny guy i would say ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    Surprised no one has mentioned Jonas as he regularly gives up his time to help out the folks here and the monies from his auctions go to charity, he never refuses anyone and always welcomes people from here to come up and talk to him.

Also Craig Robertson (Scotland) is a very nice chap who didn't hesitate to give up one of his courts to a friend on this forum when he was caught out after a booking mix up.
    joans...i hv never see him around thought out the tournament.....at WC..
    craig robertson..sorry...i don't recon him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised that nobody has mentioned JR so far. It's so nice of him to come to this forum to chat with us.

Edited: sorry. I missed Dill's post earlier. My vote still goes to JR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edwin
    Surprised that nobody has mentioned JR so far. It's so nice of him to come to this forum to chat with us.

Edited: sorry. I missed Dill's post earlier. My vote still goes to JR
    I 2nd to that wholeheartedly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    So, butet == Lilyana?
    yep, thats her nickname
    i wonder why they didnt call her at the show, or maybe they did and i just missed it since i only watched it halfway to the end
    wow, jumpingsmash, really? but maybe he was tired, or,,,,,,,well, we know that there is no long lost love between taufik and paparazzi, lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    I 2nd to that wholeheartedly
    me too, i havent posted my 'most polite players' yet right? so it would be him and tony g

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default pretty much everyone is nice if u catch them at the right time

everyone is polite if u really catch them at the right time..during the WCs i met a ton of players which included:
    lin dan
    zhou mi (<--hilarious lady)
    chen hong
    taufik
    candra
    sigit
    jonas R
    peter gade
    lee chong wei
    kkk
    fu hai feng
    and the list goes on.

every single player in this list that i met was very nice...many even gave me there contact info to call them the next time im in there country to hang out. like ants always says...just "treat them like they are normal ppl" and catch them when they seem to want to be approached...haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who is the most im-polite

Well it's nice to see who we think is the most polite player, but who do we think is the most impolite and down right rude player?
    I would have to say, after reading a few threads on this site that Taufik definately isn't affraid to speak his mind!
    Who do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sonny Dwi Kuncoro

Got a chance to talk at length with Sonny at the WC...(he was hanging around the Pond every day and night eventhough he lost to Gade way back on Thursday)... he was "kentel" with the other players from Surabaya like Luluk and Alven.

Sonny was super nice and very candid. He speaks very softly and in a high-pitched voice. He's very shy, though; he would rarely look at you while he's speaking. Overall a great guy...very down to earth. I hope he will become the next Taufik (as far as on-the court achievement...not the tantrums).

I'll write about Taufik, and others in another message.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kuncoro
    really? i knew it hehehe
    i know this sounds strange but when did speak , what kind of voice does he have? and also what kind of things does he usually talk about even though he doesnt speak very much?
    i want to know more about him , and if you love him as much as i do you will understand hehehe
    thanx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taufik

I wouldn't say that Taufik is im-polite. Like a lot of Indonesians, they tend to be shy around strangers. The few times that I get to talk to him, he was very polite and very accessible (i.e. he didn't glare at me with a 'how dare you talk to me' kind of look). He always was willing to sign autographs, etc. But, I noticed during the WC05 that later in the week he started to shorten his autograph since there were more and more people asking for it.

You have to understand too that Taufik or Lin Dan gets mobbed more than the other players, so it may become more of an imposition on them. If you're a new or unnoticed player, getting a fan asking an autograph is an ego-boost and you're happy to comply, but if you're a superstar who can't go anywhere without being mobbed by fans, it might get annoying after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Scott
    Well it's nice to see who we think is the most polite player, but who do we think is the most impolite and down right rude player?
    I would have to say, after reading a few threads on this site that Taufik definately isn't affraid to speak his mind!
    Who do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tony G

I can attest that Tony is very down-to-earth and polite. Would never rush away from fans, and treated me and my sister like we were friends, even though we never met before (just because my sister lives in Fullerton,CA too). He was apologizing for having to move on (..to do a press interview). His wife (Etty) was really nice and cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by ju4nn
    how about tony gunawan? seems very humble and polite.
    peter gade is really nice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton players are nicer than other sports stars

I've gone to tennis, golf, basketball, baseball, and badminton tournaments/matches. I have to say that badminton players are the nicest, most down-to-earth of the bunch. They're so accessible and wouldn't think twice about mingling with the fans.

I never experienced that with stars of other sports.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mrs. kuncoro,
    Sony's voice sounded normal. But def. a not talkative person, just reserved like the other players, tend to go by himself, if not hang around Luluk and Alven, who are roughly the same age as him. Maybe he felt a bit "intimidated" with people he's not familiar with at first, esp. in foreign land, but once he gets to know you more, he's alright. From what i heard him talking and myself talking to him, he likes to talk about many things/topics. Of course, he preferred speaking in Indo rather than in English. Basically everything that rudytjip described below is close enough lah to Sony.
    Again, i don't "love" him like you said(hehe ), but he's alright & a nice guy.
    Try meeting him in person next time yourself and you'll find out yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kuncoro
    really? i knew it hehehe
    i know this sounds strange but when did speak , what kind of voice does he have? and also what kind of things does he usually talk about even though he doesnt speak very much?
    i want to know more about him , and if you love him as much as i do you will understand hehehe
    thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by rudytjip
    Got a chance to talk at length with Sonny at the WC...(he was hanging around the Pond every day and night eventhough he lost to Gade way back on Thursday)... he was "kentel" with the other players from Surabaya like Luluk and Alven.

Sonny was super nice and very candid. He speaks very softly and in a high-pitched voice. He's very shy, though; he would rarely look at you while he's speaking. Overall a great guy...very down to earth.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-26-2005 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JumpingSmash
    But yesterday I saw Taufik on an infotainment and he is quite rude
    Because it is hard for me to express the rudeness in English so I will write it in Indonesian (sorry for you that don't understand Indonesian)
    wawancaranya kurang lebih begini gua ga inget persis :
    "Taufik, Anda kelihatan lebih tenang (ga temperamental maksudnya) di WC05 ini, kenapa bisa begitu ya ??"
    trus dijawab, "Emanknya kenapa sih kalo saya lebih tenang ?? Pada ga seneng ya ? Bukannya bagus kalo saya lebih tenang ?"
    Kasar ga sehhh ????
    wah... quite surprised to see Taufik answered a question like that... but I guess he's just fed up with infotainment reporter who keep making gossip about him..
    btw, my vote goes to Peter Gade. besides polite, he's very tolerant also... during aviva open, he reminded fans who wanted to take pic with him not to use flash, since there are other people playing..

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast