Overgrip over original Nanospeed Grip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Rene Kuil, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Rene Kuil

Rene Kuil Regular Member

Student
    I've been playing with the Nanospeed 8000 for a couple of weeks now. I've been playing with the original grip (like it came out the store), because it looks and feels pretty nice. Yet, I have some trouble with my shots and I'm thinking it could be because of a too thin grip/shaft.

For your information: I have normal sized hands :D

I am wondering what you guys did. Did you put an overgrip over the original, for example a yonex super grap? Maybe I just need to get used to the racket (my previous was an amortec700). Please share your experiences so i can make a good decision:cool:

2. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    I never play with the original grip on. I always overgrip it with supergrap on top of the original grip.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Why not just take 2 min to put 1 layer of grip, and try it out? If really getting better, here u go. If u hate it, just use another 20 sec to take it off, and throw it away. :)

4. Azwok

Azwok Regular Member

Student
    I'm using a nanospeed 7k. Its G4. Thats what I would normally do- G4 grip size and one karakal pu supergrip on top. I find if I use a racket with a grip that is to small for me my shots become very wristy. Personal preference I geuss.

5. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    You are making it seem like you're going to invest in something big. With your "normal" sized hand, grip will make you very happy. Simply leave the original grip on and put on any type of badminton grip. Just take it off if you're feeling uncomfortable.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well I'm not quite sure what G size you are using when you say "normal" sized hands.

I would overgrip the stock grip to preserve the original contours. For me, I use G5 and use a single group to double layer it.