User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Grip rolls without adhesive

    Hi,

    pardon me for asking this really stupid question but i am new to badminton and i have been unable to find this answer anywhere in the forums.

    There is a type of grip frequently sold, sometimes they are sold in a package of 3 sometimes just by itself. Its like a very tight cylindrical roll of tacky grip (around 3 cm in diameter) but without adhesive on it.

    What is it used for? How am i suppsoed to wrap it around the badminton grip without adhesive on it?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casperz
    Hi,

    pardon me for asking this really stupid question but i am new to badminton and i have been unable to find this answer anywhere in the forums.

    There is a type of grip frequently sold, sometimes they are sold in a package of 3 sometimes just by itself. Its like a very tight cylindrical roll of tacky grip (around 3 cm in diameter) but without adhesive on it.

    What is it used for? How am i suppsoed to wrap it around the badminton grip without adhesive on it?
    I think that kind of rolled grips are something like Yonex supergrap? They are supposed to be overgrips, not replacement grips.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongkie
    I think that kind of rolled grips are something like Yonex supergrap? They are supposed to be overgrips, not replacement grips.
    i see i see. so how do i attach them to my badminton grip? i mean there is no adhesive, only a small roll of the grip and a sticker for the end. its very common i see it sold everywhere in every badminton shop.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    466
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casperz
    i see i see. so how do i attach them to my badminton grip? i mean there is no adhesive, only a small roll of the grip and a sticker for the end. its very common i see it sold everywhere in every badminton shop.
    Hi bro, u just apply it like any norm grip lor. Simply tear off the small piece of double-sided adhesive at the tip n paste it at the bottom of yr grip handle but overlap ard 1/2 a cm n remb to wrap it tight (IMPT to make it tight!!). It will just stick onto the original grip....no worries. but perhaps u might want to wrap a cling wrap (those u used to wrap food) over the original grip first to protect the original grip. coz sometimes over long period of time, the overgrip might just stick onto yr original grip n leave a sticky residue too. den to finiz wrapping, just cut the overgrip perpendicular to the grip handle n den tape the sticker at the end to secure it.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol just like that?!? i have no idea how it will stick as there is no adhesive but well i'm willing to give it a try. lol.

    thanks!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    463
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wrap from the butt towards the head and overlap, and you should be fine. If it comes off for some reason, you're not overlapping enough, or you're not pulling the overgrip over the handle enough.

    The only time you'll need something adhesive is at the very end.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    UK, Surrey
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinryu
    Wrap from the butt towards the head and overlap, and you should be fine. If it comes off for some reason, you're not overlapping enough, or you're not pulling the overgrip over the handle enough.

    The only time you'll need something adhesive is at the very end.
    Ya, the overlap keeps the grip down, and the tape at the end is the thing which holds it all together. You just want to make it tight when your wrapping so the tension in the overlap holds it down.

Similar Threads

  1. Karakal Overgrip (non adhesive)
    By darkmagician in forum Grip
    Replies: 8
    : 10-20-2011, 05:36 AM
  2. No adhesive on Wilson Pro Overgrip?
    By DonnyGan in forum Grip
    Replies: 8
    : 08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
  3. Removing adhesive from the wood of the handle
    By Nuetronist in forum Grip
    Replies: 16
    : 05-13-2009, 03:40 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    : 10-18-2008, 10:15 PM
  5. Overgrip rolls
    By illusionistpro in forum Grip
    Replies: 1
    : 07-15-2008, 10:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •