Grip rolls without adhesive

Discussion in 'Grip' started by casperz, Aug 27, 2005.

1. casperz

casperz New Member

Hi,

pardon me for asking this really stupid question but i am new to badminton and i have been unable to find this answer anywhere in the forums.

There is a type of grip frequently sold, sometimes they are sold in a package of 3 sometimes just by itself. Its like a very tight cylindrical roll of tacky grip (around 3 cm in diameter) but without adhesive on it.

What is it used for? How am i suppsoed to wrap it around the badminton grip without adhesive on it?

2. hongkie

hongkie Regular Member

student
    I think that kind of rolled grips are something like Yonex supergrap? They are supposed to be overgrips, not replacement grips.

3. casperz

casperz New Member

i see i see. so how do i attach them to my badminton grip? i mean there is no adhesive, only a small roll of the grip and a sticker for the end. its very common i see it sold everywhere in every badminton shop.

4. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    Hi bro, u just apply it like any norm grip lor. Simply tear off the small piece of double-sided adhesive at the tip n paste it at the bottom of yr grip handle but overlap ard 1/2 a cm n remb to wrap it tight (IMPT to make it tight!!). It will just stick onto the original grip....no worries. but perhaps u might want to wrap a cling wrap (those u used to wrap food) over the original grip first to protect the original grip. coz sometimes over long period of time, the overgrip might just stick onto yr original grip n leave a sticky residue too. :D den to finiz wrapping, just cut the overgrip perpendicular to the grip handle n den tape the sticker at the end to secure it. ;)

5. casperz

casperz New Member

lol just like that?!? i have no idea how it will stick as there is no adhesive but well i'm willing to give it a try. lol.

thanks!

6. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Wrap from the butt towards the head and overlap, and you should be fine. If it comes off for some reason, you're not overlapping enough, or you're not pulling the overgrip over the handle enough.

The only time you'll need something adhesive is at the very end.

7. Azwok

Azwok Regular Member

Student
    Ya, the overlap keeps the grip down, and the tape at the end is the thing which holds it all together. You just want to make it tight when your wrapping so the tension in the overlap holds it down.