doubles or singles whats your favourite??

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by molid, Aug 27, 2005.

1. molid

molid Regular Member

skwl kid
    i have heard a lot of people saying they enjoy playing doubles better than singles or singles better than doubles. To me i would rather play singles and kill them on my own knowing i did all the work:D . Also singles is more up to you and knowing that it is always coming to you and not to the other person and making quick decisions on if its your shot or not. you do have to move around which tires you out quite a bit. ( but heard international players covers 4 miles of the court in 1 match)

in doubles you do alot less footwork. not long ago i was playing a mens doubles and i had a bad clash of the raquets. my NS8K luckily survived the clash but my partners didnt and from this experience i have wandered off playing doubles more often than i used to.

today im playing singles and on the rare occasion doubles.
    Whats your favourite singles or doubles?

2. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    when i play singles, i get very serious. but when i play doubles, the fun factor just shoots up.

3. Jay Scott

Jay Scott Regular Member

Student
    I most definately preffer singles, I favour the concept of every shot is your own, you don't need to worry about racket collisions or hitting your partner. I also like the idea of if you win, its all your work, and if you don't perform, theres nobody else to blame.
    I also think singles is more challenging, well...with the regulars I play with singles is definately more hard work, and I love a challenge ;)

#3 Jay Scott, Aug 27, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2005
  4. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

In singles you can't say: "Hey, you were supposed to get that one..." :D

5. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

i agree with jay... also singles allows you to be more creative, doubles is just too fast for me

6. Azwok

Azwok Regular Member

Student
    I like doubles more. Faster action and frankly a lot more of it. God, I love the attacking and the tight net battles. Also I find it commands tighter shots and faster reflexes, more of a challenge in terms of skill, rather than physicals that you often find in singles. But I agree with loco here, the best part of doubles is blaming your partner for losing a rally;) .

#6 Azwok, Aug 27, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2005
  7. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    I'd say singles ... reasons well ... like most of you have stated , in singles you , yourself can control the outcome of your game and of course...

so true :)

8. charliety

charliety Regular Member

if im playing well then i prefer singles, if not i prefer to play doubles cos then i can blame it all on other person lol (j/k)

i prefer singles cos i like the feeling of winning and knowing it was all my own work. however as kamikaze said i think doubles is more fun

9. SomeDudeInBlue

SomeDudeInBlue Regular Member

Student
    I prefer Doubles as well. My partner and I know how to rotate at times and understands each other so we dont have a problem with "That was your shot"

10. john10235

john10235 Regular Member

Secondary 5 student (equivalent to Grade 11)
    I prefer singles. Every point is won by yourself and lost by yourself. You have nobody else to blame. Thinking about this can really make you improve harder.

11. keith_aquino

keith_aquino Regular Member

part-time student, full-time baddy fanatic
    Same here, I prefer singles. I get the good feeling knowing that all the shots are yours. Another problem with doubles (and I'm sure everyone has had this) is that you aren't sure who's going to hit the shuttle and at the final moment you decide, the shuttle already hits the floor! :mad:

12. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

i prefer double....

13. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    for singles... my coach says i have a doubles way of playing singles.... :( which is no gd....
    tt's y he always trains me for doubles....
    btw i prefer doubles.. i like the fast action and i like to smash the crap out of my opponents.....

14. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    hum im always switching between the two...if my hand feels like crap ill play singles cause i can use my drops and clears withough hurting my hand and have the occasional smash, i dont mind the running plus its nice knowing that i will win it...or lose it by myself. when my hand is not feeling like crap i will play doubles cause well i can just smash the hell out of my opponents and thats always fun plus the fast action is always great. i like both and well cant chose one over the other...

15. badm addict

badm addict Regular Member

Student
    singles is fuN MON! like...yeah the running is kinda tiring...but SUCK IT UP! your opponent hasta do it as well :p singles..is mainly strat; if you have none..then good luck. Dbles is also strat, but power, speed, and teamwork is in high demand as well. i like the idea of matching brain to..the other thing :D BUT! the BEST thing about singles is when you play someone that is not to your level ;) It's a good feeling knowing that your hard-work/training has finally paid off in the form of YOU PWNING SOMEONE!!! MAKING THEM RUN THEIR @$$ OFF!!! muahah! :D GO SINGLES!

16. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Hardly to decide, but I think I like Single just a little bit more. The double factor also depend on who I am playing with that day.:D

P.S: why not making a poll???

17. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I like singles for a really intensive match with lots of hard badminton.
    Doubles is also good as long as me and my partner work together.
    sometimes we do sometimes we don't

18. adidas_lee

adidas_lee Regular Member

Regional sales manager
    Single or double

Hi,
    I love single when I was in my 20s or 30s. As age catching up, I switch to double. As one's matured, one tends to play more controlled game than fast game. Double can be fast or controlled pace depend how u play. U have a partner to count on and this few seconds overlaps give us time to recover n adjust to the changes in pace.
    U just dont have the time to pause if u are playing single. The pace could be fast and intense.
    Both are exciting n good in their ways.
    Adidas:D

19. i_two_net

i_two_net Regular Member

Singles singles singles!

20. terror

terror Regular Member

singles. definitely. but cant find any good regulars to play against. so mostly have to randomly call people up to play and this always results in them calling even more people to play doubles.

competitive singles. if playing for fun then doubles does it.