footwork help!!

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by molid, Aug 27, 2005.

1. molid

molid Regular Member

skwl kid
    lately i have been watching many singles games in badminton. only to realise the really good players can always get there shots no matter where it goes. i know there is a thing as a base position. but when it comes to top right/left corners i can never get it. i always after i high serve get in to my base postion and get ready for the next shot. but if it goes to the back im never quick enough to get there.if its a drop shot its the same i just cant get to the front for some reason i just like stop and wait to see where it goes. if i do a clear to the other end (which im not so good at) and my opponent drops it i never have the time to get it. is there a certain step i should be doing or a stance to increase my agility
    thanks molid

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    stay on the balls of your feet, dont be caught flat footed. there are other things and there have been other threads about this so do a search and see if any of them can help you.

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    i think this is your problem. ALWAYS be on your toes, ALWAYS run back to the middle, and make sure u are using the correct footwork. also practice net shots, if u execute one that goes too far over the net, this will give your opponent a better angle to lift, or more like drive it back therefore it will give u less time to get to the bird. one last advice : PRACTICE! :)