CAB30M or TI-10, the stronger Smash/Clear?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Midget_Boy, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    I know both of these offensive racquets deliver a powerful punch in their smashes and clears, but which is stronger?

2. SomeDudeInBlue

SomeDudeInBlue Regular Member

Student
    Suppusely the Ti-10 is more stronger than the CAB-30 MS.

All Carbonex Racquets are suppuse to be single play. Ti-10 is on both single and double originted players.

3. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    It doesn't really matter, technically Ti-10 is singles oriented as well but pros use it for its power. There are doubles teams who both use Armortec 800DE, does that mean they can't attack? No, they just like the racquet, it doesn't really matter. In the end it's your own skill that matters the most. Although I do see how the ISO head would help in fast paced doubles... bigger sweet spot.

4. SomeDudeInBlue

Student
    No, the Ti-10 is both single and double oriented racquet. Cheeck the charts. Atleast the Ti-10 is suitable for doubles and single.

He asked regarding power, I sliped in a little background regarding the oriented player type racquet. Also the Ti-10 is easier to control because it's an isometric racquet. Carbonex 30 MS has a Muscle frame, not Isometric included.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I suppose all ur "proof" are from yonex specification, etc. Sure, we can use all the ads for reference, but it's really down to the player to pick their own choices. The chart is nothing, as I see almost every single racket listed in that chart used by players (all lvl) in either double or single games. Does that mean, more than 50% of them really made the mistake of life time? No. As long as it serves them well, it's all good.

My suggestion is to get ur hand on the rackets, if possible, demo it, before purchase. Then, u will know, what YOU want, but not whatever others' feeling. ;)

6. SomeDudeInBlue

Student
    Once again, I am merly giving facts Yonex has published. If you were offended, then I am sorry :crying:

When I give my facts we are assuming in a controled enviroment (perfect strings, perfect grip, all same level players). The Ti-10 is superior.

There is no right and wrong racquets. Facts are facts. Human know how to adapt. I agree, but you dont ahve to be an ass.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Calm down buddy... I did not mean to hurt anyone's feeling.

What I meant is, since all the "controled environment" never really exist, there's no hard written formula once it comes to choose a racket. Hand on experience is way more accurate and helpful for a player, rather than read the specification / chart / reviews. :cool:

8. daringkidz

daringkidz Regular Member

I agree with what LazyBuddy has said. The choice of a racket is ultimately up to the player's own style and technique. One player may like the AT700 for its stiffness while another player might like a Ti-10 due to the extra power generated from the longer shaft.

HOWEVER, it doesn't mean one racket is better than the other. Its just means that some rackets are suitable for some players while others are better in the hands of other players.

I would suggest taking the Ti-10 as it is a 'power racket'..be prepared to sacrifice some control though..you might also need some time to get used to the long shaft..

P.S: I feel that a player doesn't have to look for a racket as the racket will naturally find you...:p

Just my rhetoric...heh

9. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    I think CAB-30 is also a long shaft as well...

10. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    I own both racquets. I definitly feel that Ti-10 has much more power than Cab30ms due to its longer shaft and isometric head shape. Cab30ms is also a long racquet but the extra 1cm is added in the handle not the shaft itself. Takeout a Ti-10 long and a Cab30ms and you will see it is evident.

Although, Cab30ms doesn't pack as much power as Ti-10. It is an good racquet for training. I have trained with Cab30ms for about 2 weeks now and I can definitly feel that my shuttle contact point (hitting sweet spot) has much improved and wrist strength has dramatically increased. Cab30ms has smaller sweetspot than Ti-10 thus it is less forgiving when you miss hit thus you can train yourself with it to improve shuttle hitting precision. In addition, its shorted shaft requires you to use more wrist to push a shuttle for clear thus you can train your wrist strength.

After two weeks of training with Cab30ms, I can definitly feel that I gain much wrist strength when I switch back to my isometric head shape racquet. I don't have to use nearly as much power to do clear shots. All it is required is light push and shuttle is already in the back court. Furthermore, my backhand defense got better because of increased wrist strength. I can now always push shuttle to back court at my will.

I highly recommend Cab30ms for training purposes but in the game. I will still use my isometric headshaped racquet.

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Both are long shaft since the cone covers part of the CAB30MS shaft. It's better too as you could grip that part. Power of the CAB30MS is enhanced with the additional length but harder to attain unless you can hit consistently on the sweet spot.

12. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Very good responses, thanks for all your help, most responses say TI-10 is a SLIGHTLY better choice, but until I have yet to try them both simultaneously, I am still taking in reviews and opinions.

On a side note, seeing as the CAB30M is a good training racquet, any opinions on the best training racquets overall (I have somewhat of slow-weak wrists).

13. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Best training racquet would be your main racquet. To build up your forearm strength, try do some defending from light smash with a squash racquet. Don't do the racquet with cover swing as it could weaken or even snap the shaft.

14. izzi-carbonex

izzi-carbonex Regular Member

IT Product Engineer
    Guys, study from latest 2007 Yonex chart and as a old skool Carbonex fans bring me to Carbonex 30MS which i bought few weeks ago. Thinking that my smashing will be greatly improve but to my surprise Carbonex 30MS doesnt give that explosiveness compared to my regular Carbonex 21SP. What am i doing wrong here, does my tension, string & grip..doesnt blend well or not the right combo, or Carbonex 30MS merely good for controlling only?

No wonder those shop owners ask me to get Ti-10 instead which is just 10 dollar cheaper compared to my new Carbonex 30MS? Can someone tell me, how am i going to improve with this 30MS, no am not going to let go it since already dump big money there. And does that Yonex chart give incorrect information since Carbonex 30MS is almost on par with Armotec 700 and above of Carbonex 21SP?

Am stringing at 24lbs, without original grip..replacing by normal rubber grip.

Thanks for reply.

15. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

CAB30MS is supposedly a control racquet. It's stiff but evenly balance, so it's nifty when you're at the net or defending. Only way to maximize the potential of any racquet is your own technique improvement. Afterall, it's you who's hitting the shuttle.

16. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Bonus points for saying the word nifty, and giving good advice!:D

17. izzi-carbonex

izzi-carbonex Regular Member

IT Product Engineer
    ..cappy75, nifty means good or neat at net rite? And for ur guys info, am using BG66 which is 0.66mm with 24lbs stringing, is this good for attacking?

18. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

izzi-carbonex,

I agree that the Yonex charts are often misleading. It seems to be a common marketing strategy to put the most expensive rackets at the top of the "power" quadrant in the chart in hopes that people seeking a more powerful smash will buy them. In the end, however, your smash will depend more on your own strength, style, and technique rather than what racket you are using. Physics has a say too, of course. Heavier objects traveling at higher speed will have more energy then lighter objects traveling at lower speed. And then, there is all the other stuff regarding frame stiffness, shaft stiffness, string tension, box frame vs aero, etc...

I don't know what weight your Cab30 is, but based on what I have read here on BC, the Cab30 3U is a medium stiff, even balanced racket. My AT700 3U is very head-heavy and also medium stiff, so it is probably a reasonable assumption that AT700 3U > Cab30 3U in terms of power. I have never tried a 3U version of the Cab30, but I can say that the 2U version is a real hammer (rather head-heavy and heavy overall). I'm not as consistent with my Cab30 2U as I am with Iso, but when I hit the sweet spot on the Cab30 2U it produces an excellent smash and clear. I would say the Cab30 2U and the AT700 3U are similar in terms of smash/clear power. Perhaps Yonex factored in racket weights into their chart...? (I suspect it's mostly marketing though :D).

My advice to you is to practice more with your Cab30. It is slightly more flexible than the Cab21, 10mm longer, and not quite as aerodynamic. Because of these reasons, you will probably have to adjust your timing in order to hit the sweet spot on the Cab30. Best of luck.

P.S. Is your Cab21 a 2U or 3U? If it is a 2U, and your Cab30 is a 3U, you could be swinging slightly early and hitting just above the sweet spot on the Cab30 since you are used to a heavier racket.

#18 AMRaider, May 23, 2007
    Last edited: May 23, 2007
  19. lorus_blue

lorus_blue Regular Member

your arm.......

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Cab30ms has very stiff and longer shaft. Team up with the smaller sweet spot, then timing is very critical to result powerful stroke, as it's not a very forgiving racket to use. It might take a bit time for you to get used to this racket first.