User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default short backhand serve in doubles

for the short backhand serve in doubles (provided you're standing right at the T), how far away from your body do you hold the shuttle? arm's length? half of an arm's length? almost on one foot straining your whole body to get as close to the net as you can? ...okay maybe that was a little overexaggerated

i used to hold it closer to my body (about half an arm's length), but i'm now holding it with my arm fully extended out because i found it more consistent in terms of distance away from my body (let's just hope my arm doesn't grow any longer )

also, what are the pros and cons of holding the shuttle closer to you and farther away from you? i was just wondering if there was an optimal distance to hold it away from your body (but i'm guessing it's one of those "it depends on your preference" things )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schmoey
    for the short backhand serve in doubles (provided you're standing right at the T), how far away from your body do you hold the shuttle? arm's length? half of an arm's length? almost on one foot straining your whole body to get as close to the net as you can? ...okay maybe that was a little overexaggerated

i used to hold it closer to my body (about half an arm's length), but i'm now holding it with my arm fully extended out because i found it more consistent in terms of distance away from my body (let's just hope my arm doesn't grow any longer )

also, what are the pros and cons of holding the shuttle closer to you and farther away from you? i was just wondering if there was an optimal distance to hold it away from your body (but i'm guessing it's one of those "it depends on your preference" things )
    See this thread

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ighlight=serve