Any reasons for my struggle.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by doris160260, Aug 28, 2005.

1. doris160260

doris160260 Regular Member

Hello everyone. Im posting this thread in the hope that someone can help me with my problem. For the last year I have been using an AT800DE 3U strung at 23lbs. To me the racket began to seem flimsy and when i swung it you could hear a little clicking sound where the shaft meets the cone. This of course worries me and am wondering whether it is coming loose. Two weeks ago I purchased a NS8000 3U strung at 20 lbs. The racket feels alot different becuase of the switch from head heavy to head light. THe racket feels really fast but I am having a hell of a time smashing the birdie. I am also needing to put in alot more effort to clear baseline to baseline. My question is... do I just need to get used to the racket or is it the string tension difference or just the NS8000 is not suited for me.

Just so you know I would consider myself a intermeidate player who plays offensively liking to smash alot. Found it very easy qwith the AT800DE.

2. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

NS8000 head light = fast swing, need to swing faster for full baseline clearance. 20lbs i would say is too loose if u use to play at 23lbs. Above all, i
    would say technique determines everything. The best person to say if it is suited to u is urself since u play with it, whether u feel it is suitable for ur playing style. Also, some rackets takes time to get used to when u switch from a head heavy to a head light for eg.

Rgds

cs

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I would say both. It takes a while (how long, depends on individual) to adjust to a new racket, with different characteristics. Also, 20lb might be below the lower bound of ur "comfortable zone", if u get used to 23lb. Time to re-string. :rolleyes: