User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 35 to 42 of 42
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Birdiegut,

    Even though I will be in Malaysia from the 7th Dec, I will only be in KL from Sat 10th -Tue 13th Dec.Before KL,I will be in another Malaysian town 2 hours away by plane from KL. I wiould have like to join that group in Merdeka Stadium but unfortunately I am flying off to HK that Tuesday afternoon.I don't mind having a game on either Sat, Sun or Mon if you can use your network of Malaysian players to see if you can put me up for a few games. Many thanks. Yes my standard would be the the veteran standard.
    If it is veteran players you are looking for in HCMC, you may like to consider playing with the group I played with at Cong Vien Le Van Tam. I know may bea bit far for you from District 10 but at that time of the day there is no traffic and somemore they play everyday. They are all veteran players but the game starts at 6.30a.m sharp. That's not early when you consider other players begin playing badminton at 6.00a.m or at dawn.The players at Ky Hoa Park courts are mostly younger college players or office groups booking and playing together. The only problem in playing badminton in Vietnam is that you have to keep the scores in your mind as the local players will shout the scores in Vietnamese. Even with that,there were occasions I lost counts of the scores myself and only know the set had ended when we changed ends.
    Well, look around and see what standard suits you on the next trip to HCMC.
    Thanks and cheers

    Permanis

    Permanis





    Quote Originally Posted by Birdiegut
    Hi Permanis,
    Hope that I will be around in KL during tat time. Well, I joined the veteran players at KL next to Merdeka Satium. They were pretty good in strokes and skills.They usually play from 5pm to 8pm on Tuesday. I will pm the address to u later. You may need to go n ask them. Is it ok for u? Tks.
    Lee

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    VIETNAM
    Posts
    594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can you looking for ....more infomation for playing group at HCMC : http://vietnambadminton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=275

  3. #37
    Regular Member Notnimdab729's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Vietnamese website

    Hi anfan2000,
    Wah! This is something which an expatriate may not understand. Can provide any translation or anyway of getting it in English version?
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by anfan2000 View Post
    can you looking for ....more infomation for playing group at HCMC : http://vietnambadminton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=275

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Lee,
    You are what we call par qua chai hehe no offence. I have seen the website and leave it alone as I know no vietnamese. Maybe that site is very useful site for Vietnamese badminton players. It's only natural that everything is in Vietnamese.Tough luck we orang asing don't understand Vietnamese to view the website.I wonder how many viewers would look it if there is a English website for it. I know you would.... Par qua chai.
    How's thing in Suzhou? I saw a bit of your posting there. I will be in HCMC at the end of this month for a month and hope to have a game or two. I will bring a racket just in case the M'sian club still exist at marie curie school Le Quy Don.

    Permanis

  5. #39
    Regular Member Notnimdab729's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile Vietnamese website

    Hi permanis,
    Glad to hear from u, man. Everything is fine here. I am currently in Tianjin for a week. Played a game last night at the price of RMB$25/- per session here. Good courts n lighting except a bit too polished floor lah. I will be back to Suzhou by this Sunday's night. At Suzhou, I too play with a group of Malaysian n Sporean players on every Monday n Thursday nights. I will right back in Spore on 28/03/08's night for two weeks stay.
    Ok. I supposed to be station at HCMC this year but my boss changed his mind n station me at China again. Probaly may travel more often this year.
    Anyway, do pm me when u visit Spore or Suzhou. We can arrange for a game or so.Never mind abt the par qua chai lah. Afterall, I can speak cantonese or English to them. Do enjoy yr stay in HCMC and hope one day we can meet n play a game together.Hope that those guys at Marie Curie still around n if I do visit HCMC, I will catch up with u, then.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by permanis View Post
    Hi Lee,
    You are what we call par qua chai hehe no offence. I have seen the website and leave it alone as I know no vietnamese. Maybe that site is very useful site for Vietnamese badminton players. It's only natural that everything is in Vietnamese.Tough luck we orang asing don't understand Vietnamese to view the website.I wonder how many viewers would look it if there is a English website for it. I know you would.... Par qua chai.
    How's thing in Suzhou? I saw a bit of your posting there. I will be in HCMC at the end of this month for a month and hope to have a game or two. I will bring a racket just in case the M'sian club still exist at marie curie school Le Quy Don.

    Permanis
    Last edited by Notnimdab729; 03-12-2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: wrong spelling n some more to add.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Viet Nam
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi everyone.
    I'm looking for a group that plays badminton at weekends and has many womans who'd like to play as single. I'm only 17 and I'm female. I really wanna join a group but the problem is I can't play well as double. I'm only able to play as single, but almost groups I've found always play in pairs. Is there any group that has womans want to play as single around Phu Nhuan District?

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    VN
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proacevn View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I'm looking for a group that plays badminton at weekends and has many womans who'd like to play as single. I'm only 17 and I'm female. I really wanna join a group but the problem is I can't play well as double. I'm only able to play as single, but almost groups I've found always play in pairs. Is there any group that has womans want to play as single around Phu Nhuan District?
    Hi proacevn,
    I'm Vietnamese, living in HCM. Searching around for the English club where I could try to improve my poor English as well as enjoying the badminton games which is the most favorite sport of mine.

    How long have you been in Vietnam? Can you speak Vietnamese?

    Actually, it sounds impossible to find the club has many women who'd like to play single. If you are a good player, it's no problem for you to switch to play in double. The problem here, I think, how would you communicate with your partner since most of us can not speak English very well.

    Do you know any club which has a lot of foreigners in Ho Chi Minh? I'd like to join you guys to enjoy the badminton and to practice my English as well.

    Thanks....

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Viet Nam
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hieupt View Post
    Hi proacevn,
    I'm Vietnamese, living in HCM. Searching around for the English club where I could try to improve my poor English as well as enjoying the badminton games which is the most favorite sport of mine.

    How long have you been in Vietnam? Can you speak Vietnamese?

    Actually, it sounds impossible to find the club has many women who'd like to play single. If you are a good player, it's no problem for you to switch to play in double. The problem here, I think, how would you communicate with your partner since most of us can not speak English very well.

    Do you know any club which has a lot of foreigners in Ho Chi Minh? I'd like to join you guys to enjoy the badminton and to practice my English as well.

    Thanks....
    Hi hieupt!
    Minh la nguoi Viet ma ban Hieu. Minh cung muon kiem nhom nao danh cau long nhieu nguoi nuoc ngoai de trau doi anh van luon. Neu Hieu kiem duoc thi bao cho minh biet nha. Cam on nhieu. Danh doi voi danh don khac nhau chu. Nhieu nguoi danh doi tot nhung sang danh don lai ko duoc, nguoc lai cung vay. Minh cung ko phai la danh tot lam, nhung tu truoc gio minh chi toan danh don thoi, cung co danh doi nu, minh ko biet danh doi nam nu, vi vay minh moi can nhom nao nhieu nu, de neu ko ai danh don thi minh con co the danh doi nu. Da so cac nhom danh thuong xuyen thi nhieu nam it nu. Minh chua kiem duoc nhom nao de danh ca. Chan qua!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for playing group in Jakarta!
    By chinmike in forum Indonesia
    Replies: 47
    : 07-24-2014, 08:41 AM
  2. Any group playing tmr (5th Nov 08)?
    By Danielsan in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 11-03-2008, 09:43 PM
  3. Who/Which group's playing today?
    By OliviaMellon in forum Singapore
    Replies: 7
    : 04-19-2008, 10:00 PM
  4. Any group playing in Sembawang??
    By azbad in forum Singapore
    Replies: 1
    : 12-21-2007, 10:16 PM
  5. looking for playing group in Auckland...
    By rommel6774 in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 10
    : 07-13-2006, 09:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •