looking for playing group at HCMC

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by Birdiegut, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Hi Shuttlers,
    Any playing group at Ho Chi Minh city? i am looking badminton group at District 10 or district 11 ? Thanks.
    Lee:confused:

2. cybercops

cybercops Regular Member

From the information from my friends, almost every district in Hochiminh City has its own team and they practice regularly at the main gym of the district (I know some strong teams like District 5, District 1, Binh Thanh) If you are interested, just go to their practice and ask them to join :) (I don't know it is possilbe or not, but it worths a try)

3. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    playgroups at HCMC

Hi Cybercops,
    Thanks for yr information. I stay at District 5. Possible to let know their contact telephone or address. i just love to try at least. Bored to stay here n do nothing.Look forward to yr reply.
    Lee:D

4. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    HELLO! I AM VIETNAMESE SO I KNEW VERY CLEARLY ABOUT DISTRICT 5 .
    FIRST , ONE CLUB NEAR ANDONG MARKET WITH 2.5$ SINGAPORE/ 1 HOUR
    SECOND , ONE CLUB WITH NAME " TINH VO~" IN TRAN HUNG DAO STREET DISTRICT 5 WHICH HAS A LOT PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS .

HOPE YOU TO HAVE FUN

5. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Playing badminton in HCMC

Hi Kawasaki,
    Thank u for yr reply. I am currently staying at District 5, Hung Vuong st. Do u have the contact number of these two clubs. Appreciate that if u could help.
    If u are around just give me a call, mobile number: 0909371975.Maybe we can have a game or so. Thanks.

6. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    dear my friend ..

hcicihc , i am now in singapore for studying so i cant take u to that places. can i keep your contact number ?

7. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Playing badminton in HCMC

Hi Kawasaki,
    Of course u can. I v be back in Spore by 16th Sep 05.I v be there by 1700hrs or later. From there I might straight join my friends for a game. My Spore contact is 90665522. Just contact me if u want to have a game or so. Thanks.

8. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    thanks . on that time . i am free coz i have got holiday until 25-sep
    contact me , i will go with you . my phone number is 93469420 . i m staying around NOVENA .
    i will play anytime . my name "NGHI" , U CAN CALL ME "KAWASAKI".
    GOOD BYE .
    HOPE TO SEE U SOON

9. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Playing badminton

Hi Kawasaki,
    Maybe u can join me on 17th Sep 2005(Saturday). i have a game at Maxwell road NDB building, URA Club from 1800hrs to 200hrs. Are u free? Just sms me on Friday nite from 6pm onward. If by MRT, u need to alight at Tanjong Pagar MRT. It is very convenient to the club. Just call me if u need help,ok? Thanks.

10. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    DEAR LEE ,

ON THAT TIME . I AM ON BARBECUE WITH MOON CAKES ...:D I REALLY SORRY COZ I WILLNOT PLAY WITH YOU:crying: . HOW ABOUT THE NEXT WEEKEND ? :confused:

11. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Playing badminton

Hi Kawasaki,
    It's ok. I will be around this weekend and next weekend. As I told u I will up in KL on 19th or 20th Sep 05 n v be bk by 23rd Sep 05. C u then. In between I will playing at KL. On Friday, I v playing at Tampines ITE. If u want to join me just sms me,ok? Thanks.

12. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    :D dear Lee.
    i am very happy when i got your rely . i will come to you . i will sms you .
    Is KL in malaysia ? i am my holiday . whenever you free , just sms me, i will sure play with you .:D

13. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Playing badminton

Hi Kawasaki,
    Ok. No problem. V sms u once in Spore. Yes, KL is the capital of Malaysia.KL stands for Kuala Lumpur. I will be there for the next week. Will join KL group for game from either Monday or Tuesday till Thursday lah. If u can join me then,provided u r in KL.
    Bye,then.;)

14. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    dear Lee,

where will we stay in KL ? and how many people will go with us ? i am thinking about KL now. where will we play ? i really want to go ...:D

i will sms you then u give me some . how about the time we go and where in singapore we can meet?:confused:

15. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Playing badminton

Hi Kawasaki,
    I saw yr posting on Jakarta. Are u going there or are u interested in going to KL? I dont know whether u need a Visa or not if u are a Vietnamese nationality? i am going to KL for business trip. Only play the game at night. U really want to come along? Either stay in Hotel or at my company's apartment lah. V sms u once back in Spore by this weekend.ok?:D
    Lee

16. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    dear LEE
    i am very thank to you. :D
    yes , it's true .i have posted about going to jakarta tiwce:cool: but i already told you that i am on my holiday.:) anyway.to go around South East Asia , i dont need visa ..i can go alone if you dont mind:D . Will i become your problems? :confused: . For me , staying in hotel , i can not afford coz i have just enough money for train and buses ...if u mind . i will not go . you are very kind to me.. i will send sms to you this weekend .:)

17. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Playing badminton

Hi Kawasaki,
    No problem. In that case, u sms me first. i think it will be better if u can go up with me on Tuesday. I am driving up to KL. Bring yr barang barang(badminton gadgets n gizmos). I will arrange for a game that evening. Fine?Play d game near Merdeka stadium, the Wednesday at Taman Megah and Thursday at Bandar Puteri Puchong. Fine with u? But i need to work in the daytime,u know? Then, daytime u r on yr own. Fine with that?:confused:
    Lee :D

18. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Badminton at HCMC

yes, sometimes it's frustrating arriving in a city and wants to have a game and you don't know any players or places to play. I am sure there are places to play if you look hard enough. District 10 and 11 are in the Chinatown area, right? You can always consider playing at Ky Hoa park which is 10 minutes ride by bike.There are three courts. You can turn up and see if the players are to your standard. If you think you match their standard, just introduce yourself and tell them you are interested to join the session.
    Let me tell you my personal experience in HCMC. I have been to Vietnam a couple of times this year and every time I brought along my racket without having a hit as I am not familiar with the place. On my last trip I happened to see people playing in district 1 in the morning. I told myself this would be the first time I might have to play badminton in the open air if I want a game in HCMC. In one court, I saw some players that were of my standard (B grade standard) and I introduced myself that I wanted to have a game using sign language. They could understand me and put me to play with some players to test my standard. I passed the test and they invited me to play with them. I ended up playing with them every morning for 3 weeks. The only problems are it starts at 6.00a.m and by 7.30 every body is gone(windy too). On top of that I cannot speak Vietnamese.But all the same we played and enjoyed the games using sign language which was fun. I think finding players of compatible standard is very important.The normal procedure is to contribute to the court fee and bring shuttle.
    Let me know if you need any help.Cheerio

19. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    dear Lee,

dear Lee,

i am very happy when i hear this .i wanna cry of happiness

ok , i will go to malaysia with you on tuesday , with me , everything is very easily :rolleyes: , you can leave me alone when you are working , i can go around . :cool: Actually , i dont know about KL ..:eek: but your plans are very execting ,, i wanna play now..:D

20. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    where did you play ?

i think you are better go and play in the hall also in KY HOA park without windy? do you know that ?almost best players are now playing there.

if you dont know , i will give you its address .