Swing Speed

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TrunkZ69, Feb 6, 2002.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    I know how the speed of your swing helps your game a lot. It's a main source of powerful shots, and fast shots. I haven't really played badminton lately and my swing speed has decreased a lot. I need some sort of drill or excercise to help me speed it up again, maybe get it faster. Something besides hitting, because i cna't do that too much right now.

2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    skip rope. this works and increases your wrist speed and strength. also helps your cardio as well.

3. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    skip rope? do you mean like skip around as i jump rope or something? does that really speed up my acutally swing because i've done that before and i felt bearly any usage of the arm.

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

When U do shadows Use a head cover on ur racket! That will improve ur swing speed! best of luck

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    speed skipping. I find when I do that my wrist speed and strength increases.

6. Arthur

Arthur Guest

Hitting the shuttle against the wall at close proximity helps as well. This can be done anywhere

7. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    would putting a racket cover on my racket affect my racket? wouldn't it bend it or something, put a lot of unesscesarry stress on it?

8. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Do u use a 2U racket or a 3U racket? I do it and nothing will happen! U shoudl ideally use the 3/4 length cover! If u have one! Nothing has happ to any of my rackets or any of my friedns rackets!

9. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    I use 3u. I Believe you use 2U's right? They are much more solid. But maybe ill try it out for abit.

10. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    If you want to do this, I suggest you use a cheap racquet. It will put a lot of stress on the racquet.

11. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hey i do it on My Iso swing power also! No Problems! I dont think There woudl be any problem! But i guess as mag said u can try it on some 2U racket that is not Very dear to u!

12. ayahcik

ayahcik Guest

then do it with hitting the shuttle. ask your partner to serve high then try to hit the shutte until the shuttel go back to your partner.it's work for me. but make sure you already warm up.playing dumbel also works.