User Tag List

Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 43 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Results 1,565 to 1,581 of 1697
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used to called them as wind & cloud couple (as the heroes name in chinese wuxia series: 'wind & cloud'), before i finally know that 'feng' character in fu haifeng's name doesn't mean wind, but peak. haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just search the 2 Chinese words on line. The meaning of 赟 (pleasant) is not cloud, the meaning of 峰 (peak) is not wind. But they are pronounced the same as cloud and wind.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    Just search the 2 Chinese words on line. The meaning of 赟 (pleasant) is not cloud, the meaning of 峰 (peak) is not wind. But they are pronounced the same as cloud and wind.
    Yes, you are right. But sometimes i noticed the Yun on CY names is written 云 instead of 赟.
    云 = Cloud
    赟 = Good appearance

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been reading an article in here : http://badmintoncn.com/view-14374-1.html

At 16th April 2012, Cai Yun's wife, Wang Na has delivered a daughter, she is CY first child adding up the family members to become 3. At just around the corner FHF is also expecting his 2nd child being born at May, he wants to have a daughter as well, adding up his family members to become 4. He was also joking up with the interviewers that His & CY daughter might be able to form WD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    I have been reading an article in here : http://badmintoncn.com/view-14374-1.html

At 16th April 2012, Cai Yun's wife, Wang Na has delivered a daughter, she is CY first child adding up the family members to become 3. At just around the corner FHF is also expecting his 2nd child being born at May, he wants to have a daughter as well, adding up his family members to become 4. He was also joking up with the interviewers that His & CY daughter might be able to form WD.
    Maybe both Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng have sworn an oath. If both are born of the same gender, they will play in MD or WD. If it's the opposite, they will play in XD and ! to be betrohed to one another.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info, licin.

congratz and good luck for both of them. can't wait for the WD 18 years later. ahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Cai Yun fans... here is a tribute video I made for you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCW-pvkP8AA

It's very good watching Cai Yun play. He is always interesting and entertaining to watch and teaches so many different skills.

The video above demonstrates his skills in overall net play, defence, serving, driving, trickshots, diving, racket change, rear to forecourt following-through, doubles rotation and intercepting / anticipating

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heong View Post

It's very good watching Cai Yun play. He is always interesting and entertaining to watch and teaches so many different skills.

The video above demonstrates his skills in overall net play, defence, serving, driving, trickshots, diving, racket change, rear to forecourt following-through, doubles rotation and intercepting / anticipating

Thanks for the video Heong.. Appreciate it so much..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up It explains why they are World No.1

Quote Originally Posted by Heong View Post

Thanks for the video Heong.

It explains why they are World No.1.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont believe they care much about the world no 1.
    the olympics gold is what they after, bar none.
    Last edited by AlanY; 05-14-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as i like to see them win, their chance is very slim because i notice they struggle a lot against fast and furious players...

They shouldn't concentrate too much on JJS/LYD...but also worry about other emerging pairs that are young and have a lot of energy left to smash continuously and fast.

Since it's a group elimination format, i have good faith they will make it to the semis at least! They definitely avoid playing BoMo and JJS/LYD...so i would say their draw is the easiest..the only known threat is Yoo/Ko..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never rated the KOR second pair any high at all.
    with a H2H 7-1 to FU/CAI's favorite and actually won 14 out of the 17 games played I don't think they will lose much sleep on it.

Mo/Bo is slightly better with a 2-6 H2H deficit, lost 14 out of the 19 games played.

Obviously the only creditable threat will be from JJS/LYD.
    On one hand their poor record at majors will always at the back of their mind but that can also be their advantage to make them more hungry for title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    I've never rated the KOR second pair any high at all.
    with a H2H 7-1 to FU/CAI's favorite and actually won 14 out of the 17 games played I don't think they will lose much sleep on it.

Mo/Bo is slightly better with a 2-6 H2H deficit, lost 14 out of the 19 games played.

Obviously the only creditable threat will be from JJS/LYD.
    On one hand their poor record at majors will always at the back of their mind but that can also be their advantage to make them more hungry for title.
    Cai-Fu might have the easiest draw in the tournament with BoMo, Jung/Lee and probably Koo/Tan in the bottom half of the draw.

They gotta take care of the unknown pairs and most probably face the indonesian pair to fight for a place in the semi against Yoo/Ko

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, you read way too much into the scores. They almost never go all-out in the early rounds of tournaments, which is also indicated by the smash speeds (getting higher and higher all week). Personally, I haven't seen them 'struggle' against any pair other than JJS/LYD and occasionally BoMo.
    Ko/Yoo, while an incredibly exciting pair to watch and one of my favorites, are no real danger to them. They don't have the same presence at the net as LYD & CY do.
    I believe the Chinese will go at least to the Semis, and not have any problems doing that. As long as they're both in good shape the only obstacle on their way to the final will be the quarter final opponents, and in my eyes the only real threat is of course JJS/LYD. They're also very, very motivated to win that title, and have a very good record against them. It'll all depend on who can get control the net and win the attack, because both pairs have incredible penetration and even their solid defense will get broken down by that.

The Indonesian pair will not get a medal. No danger for the 2 Korean pair or Cai/Fu. Even Chai/Guo should beat them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Let's see how Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng will perform at the coming 2012 Thomas Cup

Let's see how Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng will perform at the coming 2012 Thomas Cup (May 20-27, in Wuhan, China).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CY expressed his thought not to retire soon

Last edited by fauci; 05-27-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the best news I heard for this year! Cai Yun won't retire soon? Horayyy.... I wanna see them again on Indonesia Open. I do hope they will win the gold medal and still play badminton for the next 5 years