User Tag List

Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Results 1,599 to 1,615 of 1697
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fengyunfan View Post
    During an interview after the Olympic MD final, Fu told the compere his elbow was injured since AE this year and did not recover until now. In another interview, Cai said he was upset, since he saw Fu took Ibuprofen every night during the Olympic Games in order to relieve pain, otherwise he could not sleep at all.

As far as I know from Fu's personality, if Cai&Fu lost in the final, he would never tell you that he was injured before the match, nor find some reasons for the failure.

And, I would say, such kind of personality makes the difference.
    FHF really get injured? but it's good that they finally fulfill their Olympic dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Now you're just desperate. BoMo never were favorites to win Gold
    This is the first time I heard that World #3 is not the favorites to win Gold LOL Don't embarrass your self
    never favorites to win against ChunG/Lee
    Bo/Mo never favorites to win against JJS / LYD, but this time they win. So what is your point ?
    and least of all favorites to win against Cai/Fu.
    I'm talking about their performance in OG, not talking about the past
    No matter how long the rest. What would an extra day have done for the Danes?
    Extra day for rest means extra power to do big smash continuously. LOL ! In the 1st set, 12 out of 16 pts (75%) come with smash !In total, they scores 30 points, and another 1 point by service fault, to make it 31 pts. And how many the contribution by smash to their total pts ? 18 pts / 30 pts means 60 % !. Don't tell me that smash has no relation with stamina.
    They would still have been 50% slower.
    And have been 70% - 80% slower when they are extremely tired.
    Boe's defense still would've been a weakness. They still would've been scared to lift the shuttle to Fu. Face it, they were the better pair by miles and nothing except for injury could've changed that.
    Cai / Fu defense also weak, that's why the extremely tired MB / CM can score 18 pts by smash ! Several times you can see that BoMo smash not as lethal as in the SF match. Why ? Bcoz they have not enough rest !
    Now if Chung/Lee had been in the final, that might've been different - I believe that would've been a very close, hard-fought match. But as I said, we'll never know.
    That's why I said Cai / Fu was lucky. With their performance in the final, I highly doubt they will win the final if Gold Medal match between CHN vs Korea
    And again - winning a WC title has little to do with luck. There was no net roll or lucky mishit on the 2 winning points, they just had that 1% more to offer. I agree that both pairs had deserved the title in that match. But saying the winning pair is just lucky whenever they win with less than 21-10 margins is stupid.
    Only 2 - 3 points separated JJS / LYD from each set of 2007 & 2009 WC final, plus they are in the same level (H2H records will prove it). Meanwhile in 2011 WC, Cai/Fu win over JJS/LYD with 3 and 7 pts, and against Koo/Yoo in final with 2 and 5 pts, I never say Cai/Fu are lucky. Even I say : So who is stupid ?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    This is the first time I heard that World #3 is not the favorites to win Gold. Don't embarrass your self. LOL but this time they win. So what is your point ?I'm talking about their performance in OG, not talking about the past Extra day for rest means extra power to do big smash continuously. LOL ! In the 1st set, 12 out of 16 pts (75%) come with smash !In total, they scores 30 points, and another 1 point by service fault, to make it 31 pts. And how many the contribution by smash to their total pts ? 18 pts / 30 pts means 60 % !. Don't tell me that smash has no relation with stamina.And have been 70% - 80% slower when they are extremely tired.Cai / Fu defense also weak, that's why the extremely tired MB / CM can score 18 pts by smash ! Several times you can see that BoMo smash not as lethal as in the SF match. Why ? Bcoz they have not enough rest !That's why I said Cai / Fu was lucky. With their performance in the final, I highly doubt they will win the final if Gold Medal match between CHN vs KoreaOnly 2 - 3 points separated JJS / LYD from each set of 2007 & 2009 WC final, plus they are in the same level (H2H records will prove it). Meanwhile in 2011 WC, Cai/Fu win over JJS/LYD with 3 and 7 pts, and against Koo/Yoo in final with 2 and 5 pts, I never say Cai/Fu are lucky. Even I say : since I'm not saying like that (win less than 21-10 is lucky), so who is stupid actually ?
    First of all, why should the #3 be favorites to win Gold over the #1 and #2? Maybe you should look up the word. In this context, it means the pair MOST LIKELY OF ALL to win Gold. That would have been Cai/Fu or Chung/Lee, depending on personal opinion.

Second - are you high? How the hell were BoMo "extremely tired"? They had a good night's sleep. They have excellent physios with them. The whole team would've done their best to help them recover as fast as possible. So, while they may possibly not have been at 100%, sure as hell they weren't extremely tired. Also, competing once a day is absolutely standard. If you start saying that's unfair, then maybe Usain Bolt isn't the best sprinter out there, after all someone else might possibly do better with 1 day more rest before the final? Also, if they WERE more tired than their opposition, that was because they didn't perform as well in the Semis. Cai/Fu slaughtered the Malaysians and made it through in straight games, so the spent less energy than BoMo because they were BETTER.

Third. No way you could know how Cai/Fu & Chung/Lee would've played against each other. Cai/Fu managed to win in straight games over the Danes whereas Chung/Lee failed to win at all. So, I'm asking you, who performed better? Did Chung/Lee? Did they lose because they were so much better than the Chinese? No. They were nervy, made errors, and just couldn't stand the pressure. They performed worse than the Chinese against the Danes, and while that doesn't necessarily mean they would've lost against the Chinese, it surely indicates it. After all, if they couldn't stand up to BoMo's attack, what would they have done against Fu & Cai?

Fourth. Face it - there's no luck at that level of competition except for net rolls or lucky frame hits. Winning with a close margin means that they were stronger - just not by much. At that stage of the match (anywhere over 20 in the deciding game), it pretty much all comes down to nerves - which pair can hold it together, perform their best, not make any tactical/technical errors? Once again I'm not trying to take anything away from Chung/Lee. The 2009 final was such a thriller and such a great performance, both teams really deserved to win Gold. But in the end, Cai/Fu were just that little bit stronger. Nothing to do with luck. Saying it was just luck is really unfair to both teams as it takes away from their performance (if the Koreans were weak enough to let them win just by luck, they weren't very strong to begin with, were they?).

Just stop your petty tries to undermine their achievements. No matter what you say - Cai and Fu were the BEST at the Olympic Games. They won it purely on skill and it didn't have the slightest bit to do with luck. While no one can say with any certainty how a final between them and the Koreans would've played out, judging by their performances in the Semis, everyone got what they deserved in that tournament. BoMo were just barely able to squeeze by Chung/Lee, but a mile away from the CHN pair, and Tan/Koo were just not at the same level as the other 3. Personally I would've been happier with the Koreans taking the Silver, but we can't always have what we want, can we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    FHF really get injured? but it's good that they finally fulfill their Olympic dream.
    He will skip China Master,Japan Open and CBSL due to the injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, why should the #3 be favorites to win Gold over the #1 and #2? Maybe you should look up the word. In this context, it means the pair MOST LIKELY OF ALL to win Gold. That would have been Cai/Fu or Chung/Lee, depending on personal opinion.Second - are you high? How the hell were BoMo "extremely tired"? They had a good night's sleep. They have excellent physios with them. The whole team would've done their best to help them recover as fast as possible. So, while they may possibly not have been at 100%, sure as hell they weren't extremely tired. Also, competing once a day is absolutely standard. If you start saying that's unfair, then maybe Usain Bolt isn't the best sprinter out there, after all someone else might possibly do better with 1 day more rest before the final? Also, if they WERE more tired than their opposition, that was because they didn't perform as well in the Semis. Cai/Fu slaughtered the Malaysians and made it through in straight games, so the spent less energy than BoMo because they were BETTER.Third. No way you could know how Cai/Fu & Chung/Lee would've played against each other. Cai/Fu managed to win in straight games over the Danes whereas Chung/Lee failed to win at all. So, I'm asking you, who performed better? Did Chung/Lee? Did they lose because they were so much better than the Chinese? No. They were nervy, made errors, and just couldn't stand the pressure. They performed worse than the Chinese against the Danes, and while that doesn't necessarily mean they would've lost against the Chinese, it surely indicates it. After all, if they couldn't stand up to BoMo's attack, what would they have done against Fu & Cai?Fourth. Face it - there's no luck at that level of competition except for net rolls or lucky frame hits. Winning with a close margin means that they were stronger - just not by much. At that stage of the match (anywhere over 20 in the deciding game), it pretty much all comes down to nerves - which pair can hold it together, perform their best, not make any tactical/technical errors? Once again I'm not trying to take anything away from Chung/Lee. The 2009 final was such a thriller and such a great performance, both teams really deserved to win Gold. But in the end, Cai/Fu were just that little bit stronger. Nothing to do with luck. Saying it was just luck is really unfair to both teams as it takes away from their performance (if the Koreans were weak enough to let them win just by luck, they weren't very strong to begin with, were they?).Just stop your petty tries to undermine their achievements. No matter what you say - Cai and Fu were the BEST at the Olympic Games. They won it purely on skill and it didn't have the slightest bit to do with luck. While no one can say with any certainty how a final between them and the Koreans would've played out, judging by their performances in the Semis, everyone got what they deserved in that tournament. BoMo were just barely able to squeeze by Chung/Lee, but a mile away from the CHN pair, and Tan/Koo were just not at the same level as the other 3. Personally I would've been happier with the Koreans taking the Silver, but we can't always have what we want, can we?
    Relax my friend. . Our idol is the same. If you don't trust me, pls read first post #46 & #50 http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-Susanti/page3. On Dec 1, 2010 I wrote :
    saya cuma berharap Fu / Cai ini punya keberuntungan utk menjuarai Olimpiade London 2012!
    Translation : I only hope that Fu / Cai had good fortune to win 2012 London Olympics
    itu saja sdh cukup buat mereka utk menjadi ganda putra yg paling berprestasi, krn punya 1 OG Gold + 3 World Champ Gold Medal
    Translation : That is enough to make them as the most successful MD pairs bcoz they have 1 OG Gold and 3 World Champ Gold Medalhttp://m.forum.detik.com/asian-games-guangzhou-bulutangkis-t217710p18.html?&page=18
    I only disappointed with their performance in the final, bcoz I don't know if one of them was injured

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fengyunfan View Post
    He will skip China Master,Japan Open and CBSL due to the injury.
    hopes he recover to continue smashing!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China Open SS title still missing from their collection. Win it this year, Cai / Fu . Off topic :
    On Dec 1, 2010 I wrote :
    saya cuma berharap Fu / Cai ini punya keberuntungan utk menjuarai Olimpiade London 2012!
    Translation : I only hope that Fu / Cai had good fortune to win 2012 London Olympics
    itu saja sdh cukup buat mereka utk menjadi ganda putra yg paling berprestasi, krn punya 1 OG Gold + 3 World Champ Gold Medal
    Translation : That is enough to make them as the most successful MD pairs bcoz they have 1 OG Gold and 3 World Champ Gold
    Source : http://m.forum.detik.com/asian-games....html?&page=18
    Last edited by Fortune; 09-03-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I mean, if MD pairs also has the same rest day with MS players (+/- 2 days), then DEN pairs are the favourite to win the gold. Fu / Cai performance in the final was not so impressive. That's my reason. I only say about 2009 WC and 2012 OG. Not the others. They won fair & square in 2006, 2010 & 2011. 2009 WC ? With the score like 28 - 26 or something in the 3rd sets of the final, the match could go either way.
    OMG, you really dont know much about professional badminton at all! you think the 'extra day of rest' is a bless to them? on the contrary, all the atheles were complaining about it. (watch some of their interviews at least, please.) Cuz It broke their usual cycle of the contest period!

It is almost the first time that an important match has such a loose schedule. These top players were so used to build up their status one match per day in a coutinues 5 or 6 days and peak their performance at the last few matches (which r supposed to be the hardest). But this OG, not to mention the rubbish group stage, even at the knock out stage, they have to have one day interval between matches. It is very hard for them to maintain that level of excitement for matches with the so called extra day's rest. Especially while fu is having injury issue, he cannot practise much in that 'extra day' cuz it will worsen his elbow, yet he cannot really rest, cuz it will decrease his level of excitement, it was a very tough situation for cai/fu.

These professional players are not like normal people, dont simply put the 'common sense' of yours on to these people. It is not only an insult to cai/fu but also to Boe/Mogensen as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I mean, if MD pairs also has the same rest day with MS players (+/- 2 days), then DEN pairs are the favourite to win the gold. Fu / Cai performance in the final was not so impressive. That's my reason.
    OMG, you really don't know much about professional players at all right? The 'extra day of rest' is not a blessing for them, on the contrary, all the athletes were complaining about it! (watch some interviews at least, please) Cuz it badly disturbed their usual cycle of contest period.

This OG is the first time ever any major badminton tournament has such a loose schedule. Those top players are so used to build up their status one match or two per day, continuously and gradually, to reach the peak towards the final (which is supposed to be the hardest). Yet this OG, not to mention the rubbish group stage, even at the knock out stage, there is a forced one and half day interval between each match. That so called 'extra day of rest' actually made it very hard for them to maintain the level of excitment. Especially when you have major injuries, if you practice on the extra day, you are worsen your injury, but if you don't, you are decreasing you level of excitment which is equally harmful for the next match. That extra day was indeed a curse for the cai/fu, and never a loss for boe/mogensen.

The professional players are not normal people. Please stop putting your 'common sense' onto them. It was not only an insult to Cai/fu but also to boe/mogensen as well!

BTW, by not impressive you must mean the lack of long rallies?....I guess you are yet to learn to appreciate the beauty of serve and return of service...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant agree more!
    Chung/Lee have lost quite some matches to not particular Boe/mogensen but also other denish pairs. To me, it's just that they didn't really find an efficient way to compete against this type of players. And, maybe they put too much of their attention on cai/fu and havent done enough research on the dens. While cai/fu, beating 4 different top-pairs in 4 different major tournament finals, they are indeed the most solid, complete pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tandj View Post
    OMG, you really don't know much about professional players at all right? The 'extra day of rest' is not a blessing for them, on the contrary, all the athletes were complaining about it! (watch some interviews at least, please) Cuz it badly disturbed their usual cycle of contest period.
    can you give the link about the complain ?
    This OG is the first time ever any major badminton tournament has such a loose schedule. Those top players are so used to build up their status one match or two per day, continuously and gradually, to reach the peak towards the final (which is supposed to be the hardest). Yet this OG, not to mention the rubbish group stage, even at the knock out stage, there is a forced one and half day interval between each match.
    The first time ? 2008 OG also 9 days of competition, the same with 2012 OG.
    [B]That so called 'extra day of rest' actually made it very hard for them to maintain the level of excitment.
    Maybe "one day break" was the reason why LCW lost sooooooo teribly in 2010 TC held in his homeground, after unbeatenable for 5 - 6 months in int'l tournaments . This perhaps his worst ever performance in KL in so many years, salvaged only 25 pts. And maybe "one day break" was the reason why World #1 Wang Yihan and 2008 Olympics Champion Du J / Yu Yang lose to the Koreans in 2010 Uber Cup final .
    Especially when you have major injuries, if you practice on the extra day, you are worsen your injury, but if you don't, you are decreasing you level of excitment which is equally harmful for the next match. That extra day was indeed a curse for the cai/fu, and never a loss for boe/mogensen.
    According to 1992 OG champion and 5 times World Champion Park Joo Bong :
    The good thing is the one day break (in competition) as we had played two tough ties (on consecutive days).“Our players should be in good condition when they come back tomorrow.”http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...555&sec=sports
    So who are you ? 6 times world champion ?
    The professional players are not normal people. Please stop putting your 'common sense' onto them. It was not only an insult to Cai/fu but also to boe/mogensen as well!
    Read again my post, and you will know who is my fav pair.
    BTW, by not impressive you must mean the lack of long rallies?....I guess you are yet to learn to appreciate the beauty of serve and return of service...
    The extremely tired BoMo rely on smash to score points, 18 out of 30 pts, means 60%. BoMo smash in final not as lethal as in the SF. If they are fit, it is game over for the injured CHN pair. That's why I said, luck is in my fav pair (Cai / Fu). When they was injured, they didn't meet JJS / LYD, and only facing the extremely tired BoMo.
    Last edited by Fortune; 09-12-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[...]
    The extremely tired BoMo rely on smash to score points, 18 out of 30 pts, means 60%. BoMo smash in final not as lethal as in the SF. If they are fit, it is game over for the injured CHN pair. That's why I said, luck is in my fav pair (Cai / Fu). When they was injured, they didn't meet JJS / LYD, and only facing the extremely tired BoMo.
    Enough with the extremely tired. They weren't. End of story. The competition was not tougher than any other SS tournament, where no one ever stated they were 'extremely tired' in the final. Cut the crap.
    Also, why would you assume that they would've won this if they had been in slightly better shape? They have a very bad H2H against Cai/Fu and have never been able to go the same pace as them. They few times they won they did because they managed to slow the game down to their fav. pace.
    Also, the better smash is definitely Fu. While Mogensen is a great back court player he can not hold a candle to Fu concerning penetration and smashing power. He's very good at keeping the attack, but the only thing that stupid 60% smash winner statistic shows is that Cai/Fu were defending high rather than give Boe any chance to kill it at the net and sometimes ended up short. A day of rest would NOT have transformed Mogensen into an all-day smashing machine. Imop, he played very well from the back and there was absolutely NO sign of fatigue with either of the Danes. They were outpaced, had the worse serve-return game and just could not stand up to the fired up Chinese. They also snatched at a couple shots at the net, which is a sign of nerves, not fatigue.
    Now stop hallucinating about any what-if scenario and face that the Danes were never anywhere close to beating the Chinese, whether they had 1 day of rest or 500.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, I can never understand nor accept how top athletes can complain of tiredness when they have been consistently training much harder and longer than required of matches/tournament. Unless he/they were unlucky enough to play grueling long matches round after round without a break, to then attribute their loss in the final to tiredness (physical not mental) is a poor excuse. Time to seriously do something about the fitness/stamina part of the training then.

Besides, a day's rest whether entitled to by the format or given due to walkover is not necessarily a good thing. It disrupts your momentum and breaks the high that you've built up, doing more harm than good.

I read that in tennis, even Roger Federer who recently was given a walkover by his opponent (due to heart palpitation and advised by doctor to rest and seek medical examination, IIRC) and then went on to lose the next round to a lesser player he used to beat was pissed off by it, preferring to play every round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, why should the #3 be favorites to win Gold over the #1 and #2? Maybe you should look up the word. In this context, it means the pair MOST LIKELY OF ALL to win Gold. That would have been Cai/Fu or Chung/Lee, depending on personal opinion.
    Actually, I will ignore your post since our idol is the same, but since you are like to say stupid to me (twice already), so let's prove who is stupid .First of all, where is my post that says world #3 are the favorite to win the gold over #1 and #2 ? Prove it in here ! And if you say #3 are not the favorite, then where is the logic if #2 also the favorite ? The #2 (Cai / Fu) has bad H2H records against the world #1 (Jung / Lee) 10 - 11, and become 10 - 13 if we also count AG 2010 that held in Cai/fu home ground. And also, Jung/Lee beat the fresh and focus Cai/FU SPECTACULARLY in their last duel, where the KOR MD also played in Germany open & AE 2012, while CHN MD only played in AE 2012. Why Cai/Fu also the favorite ???
    Second - are you high? How the hell were BoMo "extremely tired"? They had a good night's sleep. They have excellent physios with them. The whole team would've done their best to help them recover as fast as possible. So, while they may possibly not have been at 100%, sure as hell they weren't extremely tired.
    Playing for 81 minutes is not extremely tired ? How old are them ? Bo/Mo = 30 & 32 years old. Even Taufik says fatigue as the reason why he lose to Chen Hong. And do you know what is their H2H before 2005 Japan open ? 6 - 0 for TH. Even a player that have good H2H also can lose if he was not fit, not to mention the player / pair that have bad H2H and extremely tired. Yes, TH played for 95 minutes, but he was only 23 at that time. Older player surely needs more time to recover than younger player
    Also, competing once a day is absolutely standard. If you start saying that's unfair, then maybe Usain Bolt isn't the best sprinter out there, after all someone else might possibly do better with 1 day more rest before the final?
    Yes, one match a day is absolutely standard, but how many of them going to 81 minutes ? Only 2 out of 247 matches before OG 2012 ! LOL ! 81 & 89 minutes, the longest match for Bo/Mo since 2005 until INA SSP 2012 http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/fi...3E64CC&q=50292 Even 2 times world champion (almost 31 y.o @ OG 2008) says that one day rest is GOOD, eventhough Nova/Lily only played for 32 minutes vs THA pairs.Read once again, only 32 minutes, not 81 minutes. LOL !
    Kami harus mewaspadai faktor itu agar tidak salah langkah. Beruntung, kami memiliki waktu jeda sehari sebagai recovery stamina sebelum bertanding,tandasnya. http://forum.indogamers.com/showthre...=100798&page=3
    Translation : We should be aware of these factors so that no wrong decision. LUCKILY, we have one day rest for stamina recovery before competing
    Have you read it ? 32 minutes only but needs one day rest. So, 81 minutes doesn't need one day rest ? LOL !

Also, if they WERE more tired than their opposition, that was because they didn't perform as well in the Semis. Cai/Fu slaughtered the Malaysians and made it through in straight games, so the spent less energy than BoMo because they were BETTER.
    Compare world #1 and world #8 ? Really stupid comment hahaha . I will explain it in the last part of this post hahaha
    Third. No way you could know how Cai/Fu & Chung/Lee would've played against each other. Cai/Fu managed to win in straight games over the Danes whereas Chung/Lee failed to win at all. So, I'm asking you, who performed better? Did Chung/Lee? Did they lose because they were so much better than the Chinese? No. They were nervy, made errors, and just couldn't stand the pressure. They performed worse than the Chinese against the Danes, and while that doesn't necessarily mean they would've lost against the Chinese, it surely indicates it. After all, if they couldn't stand up to BoMo's attack, what would they have done against Fu & Cai?
    Cai/Fu perform better vs Danes compare to Jung/Lee simply bcoz the Danes was extremely tired. When both pairs are very fit, Danes can do more smash in SF compare to Final, resulting 27 - 28 smash winners vs 18 smash winners only. And even they are extremely tired, they can make 18 smash winners. What a performance by the world champion
    Fourth. Face it - there's no luck at that level of competition except for net rolls or lucky frame hits. Winning with a close margin means that they were stronger - just not by much. At that stage of the match (anywhere over 20 in the deciding game), it pretty much all comes down to nerves - which pair can hold it together, perform their best, not make any tactical/technical errors? Once again I'm not trying to take anything away from Chung/Lee. The 2009 final was such a thriller and such a great performance, both teams really deserved to win Gold. But in the end, Cai/Fu were just that little bit stronger. Nothing to do with luck. Saying it was just luck is really unfair to both teams as it takes away from their performance (if the Koreans were weak enough to let them win just by luck, they weren't very strong to begin with, were they?).
    With the score like 28 - 26 in G3, 1 error is enough to level the scores.
    Just stop your petty tries to undermine their achievements. No matter what you say - Cai and Fu were the BEST at the Olympic Games. They won it purely on skill and it didn't have the slightest bit to do with luck. While no one can say with any certainty how a final between them and the Koreans would've played out, judging by their performances in the Semis, everyone got what they deserved in that tournament.
    I never say Cai/Fu are not the best in OG, simply bcoz they are the champion. But they can win the gold bcoz they are lucky.
    Also, if they WERE more tired than their opposition, that was because they didn't perform as well in the Semis. Cai/Fu slaughtered the Malaysians and made it through in straight games, so the spent less energy than BoMo because they were BETTER.
    BoMo were just barely able to squeeze by Chung/Lee, but a mile away from the CHN pair, and Tan/Koo were just not at the same level as the other 3. Personally I would've been happier with the Koreans taking the Silver, but we can't always have what we want, can we?
    Comparing #1 and #8 ? Really stupid. Read again your post. Koo/Tan were not in the same level, that's the main point. that's why #2 pairs (Cai/Fu) can win it in just 40 minutes. BoMo facing the toughest opponent, the world #1 Jung / Lee, and win over Jung / Lee is a difficult task for them, and now you wanna say they must win as fast as Fu/Cai match vs Koo/Tan ??? Really stupid hahaha
    Last edited by Fortune; 09-23-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit for post #1613 : Bo/Mo @ OG 2012 = 29 & 32 y.o., not 30 & 32

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    For me, I can never understand nor accept how top athletes can complain of tiredness when they have been consistently training much harder and longer than required of matches/tournament. Unless he/they were unlucky enough to play grueling long matches round after round without a break, to then attribute their loss in the final to tiredness (physical not mental) is a poor excuse. Time to seriously do something about the fitness/stamina part of the training then.Besides, a day's rest whether entitled to by the format or given due to walkover is not necessarily a good thing. It disrupts your momentum and breaks the high that you've built up, doing more harm than good.
    I really appreciate your posting style...thanx Justin L ...you are really different with j4ckie . Back to topic. One day rest is good, especially if one player / pair was extremely tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I read that in tennis, even Roger Federer who recently was given a walkover by his opponent (due to heart palpitation and advised by doctor to rest and seek medical examination, IIRC) and then went on to lose the next round to a lesser player he used to beat was pissed off by it, preferring to play every round.
    I will not discuss about tennis, bcoz we are talking about badminton. In uber cup 1996, Mia Audina replace Susi Susanti vs Ye ZY in group match. What is the reason ? to keep her (Susi) fresh for the next match http://www.worldbadminton.com/shuttlenws/960518.txt. And that's not the only one. In SC 05, Sony replace TH to face L D in group match. Simon (replace Sony) vs L D in SC 09. And Korea gives rest for all of their key players in the last match of SC 09 vs HK, bcoz they already qualify for SF http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...7D465&match=16. And that makes the Koreans has 3 - 4 days rest for SF match . Sony itself has 5 - 6 days for rest for SF match. And what's happened to them in the next match ? Susi win in the 3rd group match, and even in SF and Final UC 1996. TH win in SF 2005, Sony win in SF 2009, and Korea win over Indonesia 3 - 1 in 2009 SF...where Sony win the only point for Indonesia
    Last edited by Fortune; 09-23-2012 at 05:38 AM.