User Tag List

Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Results 1,633 to 1,649 of 1697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng had to retire in the first round of Denmark Open! It appears to be a shoulder injury for Cai Yun. Let's hope it's nothing too serious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh no thats bad! i hope its not sign of him getting old man..love watching him play!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Friends: Is Fu Haifeng same as Lin dan retired already ?

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Hi Friends: Is Fu Haifeng same as Lin dan retired already ?

Thanks
    From what I've gathered,they aren't retiring. Fu was reported to have said he won't retire as long as Cai is willing to carry on and they will for a few years. Until Rio OG? Not sure.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm rather sure they won't play until 2016 (Cai IS the oldest Chinese player already ), but currently, they don't play because of an injury Cai Yun suffered in the Denmark Open. That was the reason they had to throw the match against Shin Baek Cheol and Yoo Yeon Seong.
    I guess it did come at a good time for FHF though, that way he can get rid of that elbow injury that bothered him until the OG. Although I think he would've preferred to play the DO with elbow pain to CY getting injured^^

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it would be fun to watch if they continue playing until OG 2016 at Rio. It all depends on the competition from now onwards. They will judge themselves whether would it be any medal taken at Rio or not.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will probably not compete for anything less than Gold....and I don't think they'll be able to keep up physically until then. I mean they're my favorite pair but their game is explosive attack, and that's what goes when you get older...and Korea has several strong MD pairs breaking through now. All of which are younger than Fu and can get 4 years worth of experience until the Rio Games.....I guess they want to continue until 2014 and get that elusive Asian Games Gold to show they're really the greatest of all time (so far^^) and can win every title they want.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe how long they will carry on depends more on Cai Yun who is the older of the two at 32. While not highly improbable, I think they won't play until Rio OG 2016. Meanwhile CHN is apparently working on a new pairing to take over the mantle.

I'm also inclined to think if their chances of taking gold in Rio isn't realistic, they won't push it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope to see them play against LYD and his new partner KSH in the next tournament. Would be nice to see if they can beat this new pairing.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you guys realize that Fu Haifeng's service is constantly at fault? If you look carefully, he serves above waist level and his racquet is virtually horizontal at the point of contact. But I have to say, geez...he's rarely caught by the service judge. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without lyd/jjs combo. No one can match them. Ko will take a while to mature.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kygt99 View Post
    Do you guys realize that Fu Haifeng's service is constantly at fault? If you look carefully, he serves above waist level and his racquet is virtually horizontal at the point of contact. But I have to say, geez...he's rarely caught by the service judge. What do you guys think?
    I think he serves just as legally as any other top MD player. MB has a super high serve as well, and JJS was constantly noticeably higher than Fu. TBH, I dont think he hits the shuttle particularly high on short serves.
    The only occasion where he often commits a fault is the flick serve, as he tends to lift the shuttle a bit before striking it and that causes his racket to be horizontal/point upwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cai Fu are back in itAttachment 0.Japanese doubles pair withdrew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cai Fu are back in it.Japanese doubles pair withdrew.Name:  superseries finals 2012.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  105.9 KB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Cai Yun constantly injured lately, I wonder what would happen if they temporarily paired Fu Haifeng with Zhang Nan.

How good could that pair be. When I look at the entire Chinese team, Zhang Nan seems to be the player most likely to take over Cai Yun's mantle as the best front court player of the Chinese team. He has the same types of skills: speed, control, intelligence.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something on Fu Haifeng to share and my humble translation http://sports.qq.com/a/20130221/000219.htm:

Fu Haifeng focuses on All England , New Year wish to be injury-free

On Feb 19 afternoon, at the CBA training centre,the doubles pairs were at training with tens of them filling the arena, but the dashing Fu Haifeng was easily recognisable, he and his partner were in the midst of retrieving the onslaught of shuttles. On the 26th begins the German Open but Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun need not participate, they are currently concentrating on preparing for the All England Open tournament.

After the London Olympics, Fu HF hasn't been training systematically for a long while, that in addition to the Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) long break,he admitted to feeling tired upon resumption of training. "At present unlike before, when I was younger I could depend on my fitness to cope with normal rising needs, not so now as I've to redouble my efforts more than when I was 20 in order to maintain my condition. Nowadays, younger players are competitively as strong, to keep my advantage I've to put a lot into it,much more than before.

Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun have been 'holding hands'(partnering each other) for 10 years,and finally won gold at the London Olympics, fulfilling their dreams and becoming the next CBA team members to complete the Grand Slam. So any other goals? "Every year there is a target. London Olympic gold is my career's highest attainment, having achieved that, I've to set new goals." This year there are the Sudirman Cup and the Guangzhou World Championship, two important events which are Fu HF's new goals. "Everybody wants to do their bit for the team." And for Cai Yun's four-time World Champion partner, Fu Haifeng, he wishes even more to retain the world title on home ground.

Fu Haifeng is nicknamed 'Ah Bao', his younger colleagues call him 'Brother Bao'.Outwardly different from Cai Yun,Brother Bao is completely domineering when smashing on court but in life he is an introvert who keeps a low profile. Always during interviews, it's mainly Cai Yun doing the talking with Fu HF simply supplementing a few words. However,once you mention his son, Fu HF would open up.

The long Spring Festival holidays just over, Fu HF has well-rested quite a while and devoted most of his time to his son, nicknamed 'Little Fish'. "Originally wanted to bring him out to play but hadn't expected Beijing during the Spring Festival to be so crowded. On one occasion, I planned to take him to the temple fair but our car was caught in the jam all the way from home to the Bright Bridge, so had to give it up." Fu HF told the reporter, that Little Fish often asked about his training. For example, one day he questioned me "Dad, you've training tomorrow?" The next day, he would asked again 'Dad,you've training tomorrow?" At this Fu Haifeng displayed mock shame.

Come August, Fu Haifeng will turn 30. At present, he isn't thinking of retiring.Still,whether he can persist until Rio Olympics, Fu HF said:" The main thing is to prevail over injury. Indeed I'm having more injuries these days, hope to pull through this stage." Entering the year of the snake,Fu HF has made himself a wish -- "No more injuries". The past one year,Fu HF is basically struggling with injuries; beginning with the first injury sustained at early last year's Korea Open, he was with injury at every successive tournament. "There were injuries of the knee, elbow,waist,neck(cervical vertebra),etc., so hope I can pass this year safe and sound,smooth going and plain sailing,and injury-free." [End of translation].