Best place to buy Aeroplane in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Keevin, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Keevin

Keevin Regular Member

I will be going to Hong Kong in a few weeks. Please advise where in Kowloon or Hong Kong for best prices on Aeroplane Black Label feather shuttlecocks. I know there are two kinds of Aeroplane shuttlecocks and Black Lable is the best grade, is it true?

Thanks for the tips.

Keevin
    Toronto, Canada

2. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

aeroplane

Check with netasia. He is expert on aeroplane shuttle.
    If u ask me, the green aeroplane, i think is just ok, seems a bit light. never tried the higher grades.

Rgds

cs

3. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Luxis has the black label. Most HK retailers are selling the Green label only.

4. Keevin

Keevin Regular Member

Luxis

Please advise the contact info: phone #, store address and web site for Luxis. Also, is Black Label same as SG1101? Is Black Label top of the line in Aeroplane?

Last question, about Art of Racket, http://www.artofracket.com/en/index.htm , is it a legitimate store? It has low prices for Aeroplane. Do you know anything about it? Is it an online store only and does it have a store front in Hong Kong?

Thanks for the help.

5. roby2003

roby2003 Regular Member

check this website. http://www.shuttlecockchina.com/fly-cpjs-1.htm

We use Black Label speed 78 with rounded tip in the summer. Way too fast, and no way of bending the tip.
    IMO, for Canadian usage, buy speed 77 with pointed tip. Overall, very good shuttles. Every shuttle is durable and flight consistent. On average, each shuttle last approx 1.5 game of MD. Every player in the group provided great feedback on this grade.

Stay away form Green label, not consistent and feather breaks easily.

Red label is OK, comparable to Victor Tourney, Sealion B & W, Black Knight Precision 6600, etc.

6. Keevin

Keevin Regular Member

Black Label speed 77

I checked out the web site as provided. It does not tell me the costs and if they sell online or not.

Also, please recommend a (1) web-based online store or (2) H.K. based store that sells Aeroplane Black Label with speed 77 with pointed tip. I want to buy from a store (online or store front) that is recommended by experienced players like you.

Thanks,

Keevin

7. Keevin

Keevin Regular Member

What about this web site?

I see this web site: Art of Racket, http://www.artofracket.com/en/index.htm , it sells Black Label at great prices. Do you know if this store or web site is trustworthy? Is it an online store only and does it have a store front in Hong Kong? Please advise.

Thanks,

Keevin
    Canada

8. roby2003

roby2003 Regular Member

For CADN market, your best bet is Lee's Badminton. see their website.
    For HK stores, you may want to enlist assistance from HK residents.
    I doubt the manufacturer will see to you directly. No harm checking with them.

9. Keevin

Keevin Regular Member

What is the difference?

Please bear with me for this dump question and I want to buy the right stuff:

Can I assume Aeroplane EG1130 i sthe top grade while SG1130 is the middle and G1130 is the lowest?

Also, is the Black Label = EG1130 or SG1130?

Last, what is the differience in play between a pointed or rounded tip?

Thanks,

Keevin

10. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

According to:
    http://www.shuttles.com/Store/Scripts/default.asp
    G1130 is tournament grade one GREEN stripe, super grade is below the top grade. i think the EG1130 has Black stripes and very expensive (S$28) here, i think the black label should be the highest one if it has black stripe. If the black ones cost around (S$22-S23) most likely not the top end. Why not get Victor green? Aeroplane in beijing cost $17 for the green ones, quite cheap since here around S$22. I never play with round one, i guess pointed is better

Rgds

CS

11. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    I don't think you can order online, and the store site needs some updating. about 40-60% of the HK prices there aren't accurate in the store. A lot of racquets on the site aren't in stock at the store either(IE Ti-10), you have to talk to the employee there to place an order. Most of the prices in the store will be a lot higher than on the site, though a few will have pricing from the site. For example I visited HK last month and on the site it said MP-100 for 800 HK dollars. When I got there I found one, and the price tag was 1580 dollars. I asked the employee about the site pricing and he said maybe it was an HK Model price and the 1580 was Japan manufactured(I couldn't check, a sticker overtop the cone with the serial number), he wasn't too sure himself. Anyways, this store I guess is quite legitamate I guess, with a large variety of strings and Clones on Yonex racquets, but don't trust the prices entirely on the site, and be prepared to pay more if you deicde to shop at Art of Racket.
    It is on the second floor of a small building, and is a one room store. It is right outside of the big sewer and a Model hobby shop should be just under it. On Castle Peak Road, Yuen Long, a more accurate address can be found on the site itself.

12. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I do not have the address on hand, but you can use "search" to find it in BC.

13. roby2003

roby2003 Regular Member

Top grade to lower:
    Black = EG
    Red = SG
    Green = G11xx
    Blue = G21xx (training)

In my experience with the Black's rounded tip vs. other brands pointed tips, I don't find any difference.
    In fact, the Reds & Greens (both rounded tips) that I have used, I cannot tell the difference.

14. BadAlot

BadAlot New Member

Database Administrator
    Buy EG1130 on-line.

Hi Keevin,

I just put in a order for 6 tubes of the EG1130 Black Label from www.shuttles.com. It worked out to $22 Canadian per tube including shipping. I bought some of the Green Labels last winter and they were just OK. I thought I would try the better grade this time.

Hope that helps.

James