User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by x50926x
    The Singapore badminton team will arrive tomorrow [4 Dec] at 7.45 pm. Anyone going to welcome them home at Changi Airport?
    Hey!! I think i am going! Is anyone else going? Anyway, are you going x50926x?Perhaps we could meet there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!Sorry haven been posting.I went there on tuesday instead of sunday.Coz tuesday more athletes came back...i saw ronald n kendrick!They were there to pick their girlfriends up...so sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by rayneee
    Hey!! I think i am going! Is anyone else going? Anyway, are you going x50926x?Perhaps we could meet there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone tell me the full squad of singapore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YanQing
    Hello!Sorry haven been posting.I went there on tuesday instead of sunday.Coz tuesday more athletes came back...i saw ronald n kendrick!They were there to pick their girlfriends up...so sweet!
    Kendrick has a girlfriend?! Oh wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kendrick has a girlfriend?! Oh wow.
    ... is she an athlete also ???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Singapore's SEA Games Badminton Action

I'm proud of those of you who defended our Singapore team.

Indeed, the world is getting smaller and those who are talented can now have the opportunity of going to another country where they are welcome and allowed to further develop their talents. Left alone in their home countries, these talents may not have a chance to shine and enjoy the fruits of their labour.

Imagine if the world were to shut out the badminton talents of China, Indonesia and Malaysia - where would such talents end up? Would they be able to enjoy what they are currently enjoying in their adopted countries? Or is it fair to restrict their employment opportunities or future when their own home country cannot provide? What about world badminton standards? Will it be better off if coaches and players are not allowed to work overseas?

Even Malaysia has to import foreign coaches to help them produce a better team. For the first time too, Malaysia has to allow one of its younger coaches to work in Korea.

For all fans of Li Yujia and our Singapore Team, I have a few pics which I took at the recent Manila SEA Games.

But I must salute our Women's Team for fighting to the end and securing at least the Silver Medal. Of special mention must be Jiang Yanmei who shouldered the heavy responsibility of playing both 3rd Singles and 1st Doubles with Yujia. It took quite a toll on her, but she soldiered on. But the Thai pair of Saralee and Satinee was too hot to handle that night and they snatched the gold medal from Singapore in the decider.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                        
    Last edited by Loh; 12-11-2005 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Spore Girls played well. I do believe in time , they can snatch back the gold medals from the Thais.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Loh for sharing... Wonderful photos u haf there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Great pics! Thanks Loh. And yes, Jiang Yanmei really needs a mention. I think she did the best job amongst all.
    Though the Thais outplayed them this time, i'm sure we will do better in the next time, hopefully they will do even better in the Commonwealth Games. Go Team Singapore!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah!Nice pics Loh!Thanks!!!Those pics were very well taken..and..did Yujia fall in one of the photos?And I also think Yanmei deserved to be mention!She's kind of like the Big sister leading the badminton team in the games!Good job done,Yanmei!And I think although we din perform to expectations in SEA Games...I still salute our players for putting on a strong fight..especially against the Thais.I've long heard of their names.Like Saralee,Sathini,Sudket etc etc..They are GOOD man!Take care pple!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I join Spore national team as cleaner??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r
    Can I join Spore national team as cleaner??
    i dun think a cleaner can even be counted as part of the s'pore national team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha...wow..wanna see the singapore players until even can sacrifice and become cleaner?Sometimes i also wish i could do that!But yah...REALITY juz keep us away from all these "dreams" yah...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh Yanqing, you mentioned that Kendrick went to airport to fetch his girlfriend right? Who is his girlfriend?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YanQing
    Yeah!Nice pics Loh!Thanks!!!Those pics were very well taken..and..did Yujia fall in one of the photos?And I also think Yanmei deserved to be mention!She's kind of like the Big sister leading the badminton team in the games!Good job done,Yanmei!And I think although we din perform to expectations in SEA Games...I still salute our players for putting on a strong fight..especially against the Thais.I've long heard of their names.Like Saralee,Sathini,Sudket etc etc..They are GOOD man!Take care pple!
    Hi YanQing

I'm glad you like the pics. Yes Yujia did fall in her doubles match. I thought it was quite bad, but she managed to get up, settle herself and resume the fight.

On a good day, our pair of Yanmei and Yujia would have given a better performance as they did against Indonesia's Novita and Polii the day before in the SF, which also went to the hilt, with Singapore just managing a close win of 3-2. But Yanmei had too many hard matches playing both singles and doubles and this obviously had an adverse effect on her. It was a wonder she did not end up with cramps but I think the physiotherapist did a good job attending to her.

I feel what our doubles pair lacks is smashing power. Our girls just don't have the penetration to pierce the Thai defence and they certainly lost out to the Thai girls in this department! And they paid the price in the rubber game and lost the Gold Medal! I hope they will train harder to add a really good smash in their armoury. And I also hope Singapore can produce at least two more women singles and doubles players of international standard soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh Yanqing, you mentioned that Kendrick went to airport to fetch his girlfriend right? Who is his girlfriend?!
    if i'm not wrong,then it is rena teng from the bowling team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daph56
    if i'm not wrong,then it is rena teng from the bowling team.
    Yes,you are right,its her...
    She is always sitting at one corner watching kendrick when kendrick plays in any competition in SBH!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast