Hurricane Katrina

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jumpalot, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Jumpalot

Jumpalot Regular Member

Any badminton players and programs affected by the recent tragedy in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama? I hope everyone in is ok and my heart goes out to everyone who lost their homes and /or everything and have to leave the town for at least 4 months. I hope all is well with everyone and badminton players affected by this most unfortunate event.

2. pommyg

pommyg Regular Member

We are all praying/thinking of you all in N.Orleans. God/higher power look after you all.

Pommy

3. Azwok

Azwok Regular Member

Student
    Yes we are thinking of you.

(I might add that we are probably not going to get any responses by people afftected by the storm, because if they were affected there is a good chance that they won't have access to the internet, just a thought).

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if i remember correctly, an old time but infrequent BC member, marshall, lives in Baton Rouge, which is right next to New Orleans. he was at the WC a couple of weeks ago and was last seen logging into BC on the 25th. let's pray for the safety of marshall and his wife and family.

5. C_Breaker

C_Breaker Regular Member

High School Student
    Hi, i know this is probably a little late but i've recently started playing badminton at the LSU Rec Center and have become aquaintances with Mr. Marshall. He and his family seem to be doing fine and i see him regularly every weekend. I think currently he is out of town visiting family. Hope this good news brings some peace of mind to fellow BCers concerned about Mr. Marshall. On a side note i would like to say that Mr. Marshall and the others that play at the LSU Rec Center are some of the nicest people i have ever meet. I'm a highschool student and when i started playing about a month back i was almost a complete novice. They quickly took me under their wing and made my first public badminton experience very friendly and welcoming. Under their guidence i have grown quickly as a player and hope to keep the pace up.

-Chad

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    C_Breaker,

that is great news. good news is never late.

next time you bump into him, please tell him the gang from BC says hi.

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yes, we really miss marshall!