User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 22
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Most OUTRAGEOUS Yonex (and other) Prices

    I've seen a few lately:

    I'll convert the currencies as best as I can

    Ti-10 SP:
    $2030 HK
    $370 CND
    $280 USD

    AT800:
    $2750 HK
    $380 USD
    $500 CND

    MP 88 SP: (I got my MP 88 non SP for that price!)
    $870 HK
    $160 CND
    $121 USD

    MP99 SP: MP 99 TW:
    $1375 HK $1900 HK
    $250 CND $345 CND
    $190 USD $262 USD

    I'm not even going to finish. THis was all from one store...I nearly fainted when I saw the prices.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And what store is it? Tad's, Racquets and Runners or Abbies? RNR seems to be more expensive of the three of them. Unless I am really desperate, I am not even contemplating of buying from them. Vancouver baddy market's probably too small for fluctuating pricing level... competition won't be at pricing with high business overhead.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's really high for MP99......very very high.......
    I can't believe they actually sell at that price.....would anyone be stupid enough to buy from them??

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If there's nobody to buy from them, then they wouldn't have stock it in the first place. Some people just have money flowing out of their pockets.

    BTW, Lalanthier... are those prices with 14.5% tax on top?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    That's really high for MP99......very very high.......
    I can't believe they actually sell at that price.....would anyone be stupid enough to buy from them??

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    is it one of those store who mark up the price really high and then let customers bargain it off like ..... ex. jewelry store??

    that's freaking expensive , even more expensive than the main stream sport store like SportingLife in canada.

    vc

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lalanthier
    I've seen a few lately:

    I'll convert the currencies as best as I can

    Ti-10 SP:
    $2030 HK
    $370 CND
    $280 USD

    AT800:
    $2750 HK
    $380 USD
    $500 CND

    MP 88 SP: (I got my MP 88 non SP for that price!)
    $870 HK
    $160 CND
    $121 USD

    MP99 SP: MP 99 TW:
    $1375 HK $1900 HK
    $250 CND $345 CND
    $190 USD $262 USD

    I'm not even going to finish. THis was all from one store...I nearly fainted when I saw the prices.
    if u dont quote your source, the post is quite unreliable.
    However, be careful that u r 100% correct before naming the store.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lalanthier

    MP 88 SP: (I got my MP 88 non SP for that price!)
    $870 HK
    $160 CND
    $121 USD

    MP99 SP:
    $1375 HK
    $250 CND
    $190 USD

    I'm not even going to finish. THis was all from one store...I nearly fainted when I saw the prices.
    I can understand the rest, but the above 2???

    In US, MP88 is about USD$160, MP99 is USD$190. If there's a price for $120 for MP88, I am pretty sure someone will be interested rather than fainted.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's the diff between 'SP' and 'non SP'?

    What does SP means? Special? Singapore?

    and TW? Taiwan?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z1985
    What's the diff between 'SP' and 'non SP'?

    What does SP means? Special? Singapore?

    and TW? Taiwan?
    TW=Taiwan, SP = South Pacific

    You need to read the country code thread before you ask. Or use search.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Sp

    Bluejeff,

    Isn't SP = Sunrise Sports?

    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...+south+pacific

    You should do a search too

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood47
    Bluejeff,

    Isn't SP = Sunrise Sports?

    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...+south+pacific

    You should do a search too
    That's funny, ha-ha. "Sunrise Sports", wouldn't that be "SS" rather than "SP"? Unless you have a problem with initials. Or if you really want to, send an email to Yonex-Japan, and ask them what SP stands for, and I bet Yonex will only tell you that "All rackets are the same quality ......so you don't have to worry about the country code..."

    Most People refer SP as South Pacific, but if you want to call it Sunrise Sports, that's fine with me. To me, there is no difference. However, in terms of Language in English, South Pacific sounds more logical, and I will keep it in my brain in that way.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A person (I think it might be a shop or something) tried to sell a MP99, US coded, new, on ebay with $260 USD.

    That's even beyond the retail price....and the person just wasted his/her $5 ebay listing fee.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    That's funny, ha-ha. "Sunrise Sports", wouldn't that be "SS" rather than "SP"? Unless you have a problem with initials. Or if you really want to, send an email to Yonex-Japan, and ask them what SP stands for, and I bet Yonex will only tell you that "All rackets are the same quality ......so you don't have to worry about the country code..."

    Most People refer SP as South Pacific, but if you want to call it Sunrise Sports, that's fine with me. To me, there is no difference. However, in terms of Language in English, South Pacific sounds more logical, and I will keep it in my brain in that way.
    How about those countries in the South Pacific with their own country code

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood47
    How about those countries in the South Pacific with their own country code
    I am not sure if this is correct, but I think racquets with "SP" on the cone are distributed in Singapore.

    There are lots of countries with SP on the shaft, indicating that they are all in the same league. I know IP, MA, SP, HK.... all have "SP" on the shaft, and that's what people refers as SP-IP, SP-MA, SP-SP, SP-HK.....if you read in full.

    When people refer "SP racquets", it just general means that rackets racquets with SP codes on either cone or shaft, since they are all the same with PBSI logo and SP on the shaft anyway.

    Now back to the topic
    I know Luxis has rackets in really high prices as well......

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Last edited by robinhood47; 05-12-2004 at 10:50 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC - Kirkland WA
    Posts
    654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We got a little off track here. So what is this super expensive store in Vancouver anyways?

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Down under
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    There are lots of countries with SP on the shaft, indicating that they are all in the same league. I know IP, MA, SP, HK.... all have "SP" on the shaft, and that's what people refers as SP-IP, SP-MA, SP-SP, SP-HK.....if you read in full.
    It is about time Yonex produce some in customise version, with the owner's name after SP.

    If they give that up and sell them, it can be changed to "DP", ie. decease property.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Prices of Yonex String in SG
    By kewei88 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 4
    : 01-05-2011, 05:00 AM
  2. Outrageous
    By Tsumaranai in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 8
    : 04-21-2008, 11:53 AM
  3. The Most Outrageous Racket Breaks
    By Byro-Nenium in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 24
    : 10-31-2005, 02:35 AM
  4. Thai yonex prices
    By Pingo in forum Market Place
    Replies: 1
    : 12-14-2004, 09:33 PM
  5. stupid, rediculous,disgraceful,outrageous schedule
    By hm... in forum 2001 Sudirman Cup / World Championships
    Replies: 12
    : 05-31-2001, 09:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •