Racket recommendations (help plz :))

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by macca, Sep 3, 2005.

1. macca

macca Regular Member

ok, my beloved Carlton Airblade Lite has finaly given up on me with a 2 inch crack going round the head :crying:. I have hardly even looked at the racket market in 2 years plus so i have no idea which rackets are considered worthy of being purchased.

Firstly i need a racket of around 85g give or take, and one which is well balanced. I would hope to spend no more than 70GBP tops (gets a bit much when you buy like 3 rackets at a time)

Also, i believe that carlton has recently slumped in the market so i was thinking about maybe switching to yonex although i dont want the change in racket to affect my gameplay too much.

I think i am a fairly defensive player with my best shots being my serves, net shots and drops. I have an OK smash but im not tall enough for it to be really effective. So i would like a defensive or well balanced racket.

I am currently looking at the "Carlton Airblade Rasmmussen Lite" and the "Carlton Airblade Lite 05" simply because they are both in the "Airblade" range and *should* be something not too different to what i already have. Obviously i am willing to try other makes on your recommendations. What are your opinions on the above rackets? and what other rackets can you recommend for my needs?

thanks a lot in advance, ive been looking around for ages but theres just so many!

Cheers,
    Macca

2. Togey

Togey Regular Member

Maybe a MP66 would suit you?

3. macca

macca Regular Member

thanks for the reply, ive looked up the MP66 and it seems to be exactly what im looking for. I think i'll give it a try :)

4. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

If you are afraid of more breakages, then you can get something cheaper - one or two MP44's. The MP44 is identical to the MP66 in balance and weight. The only difference is that the MP44 does not have Ultinum-Ti in the shaft, whereas the MP66 does. This should not be a huge concern, as only if you are a power player would you really utilise the (MP66's) Ultinum-Ti technology.

5. herberton

herberton New Member

MP66 is made in Taiwan, how is the durability compare to cab 21 special that made in japan? In short, among cab 21 special (made in japn) and mp66 (made in taiwan) which one you will prefer?

I know the cab 21 special is a very very old product. But old doesn't mean no good, right? So, which one you will choose?