User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheng Shiao Chieh might lack the height, but she certainly has the spirit and determination to win the title. Congratulation for defending her title in Taipei.

Off Topic:

I believe being shorter, helps you to move around the court more efficiently. Sure, you run further(although the court space-distance remain the same for tall&short players) because of shorter legs but you need less momentum change(good for your knees and ankles) and energy to carry yourself around. Much like a efficient engine(for small people) versus a high output(for tall people) but less efficient engine.

Who will last longer? Is difficult to tell, but from what I see, exceptional badminton players seldom tower over 6 ft. except maybe BCL/ZJH. LD, I believe, is the shortest among the MS players in China. Does BCL/Chen Long has a better footwork/recovery rate than LD? I don't think so.
    Last edited by lcleing; 08-08-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..CSC has the potential but just needs to be consistent from here on out; she's not getting any younger either..add to that, i don't know if her injury (ies) will go away for good or not..

As for short/tall people running around the court more/less efficiently. Zhang Ning, XXF were quite tall, at least close to 6'0 (180+ cm) and we know how long ZN played until..LD is quite tall, too, for an Asian person (5'9, almost 180 cm). There are also Morten Frost, Peter Gade..Chen Hong was quite tall, maybe a bit taller than LD..

Overall, shorter players will have to rely more on better footwork to cover the court and hence, they seem to have a bit better footwork than taller players..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    in future
    maybe the japanese ws will tell u shorter doesnt meant u cant go far in ws
    hehe
    i can see that in many young japan ws
    Err, when CHN elite WS compete, how far did the Jap cuties gone? Being short does not mean there is no hope. Gong Zhi Chao is 5'1" and Susi is not tall, but both are legends and giant killers and both prove that vertically challenged players can win. But short in badminton really is a disadvantage in GENERAL, just a tap at the net is tough for short players than for a ZN or XXF...playing against XXF, she just make the short player run all over the court...case in point the semi-final of WS in WC05, I was there and Cheng has no chance. XXF is notorious for poor fitness and running out of breathe but she still reigned champion in WCs and harvest a string of gold in majors, blessed with skill and darn tall and a long reach. Short players need tremendous fitness e.g. Susi and Gong, constant running and exellent anticipation to make up for being short. If you play against short person you will know their handicap...run baby run!! and run faster!! LOL!
    If short and tall players both have the same potential, skill, etc., how come CHN pick only the tall ones for their no. 1 team...unless the short one like Gong ZC is a rare exception
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 08-08-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of Taiwanese's coach told me that Cheng only trains once or twice a week only...she does not like the training...she prefers surfing...she has amazing wrist even other coaches talk about her playing skill...she does not have power but her cover court is good....they are trying to get her training more often...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheng's style looks like INA's Alamsyah.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Err, when CHN elite WS compete, how far did the Jap cuties gone? Being short does not mean there is no hope. Gong Zhi Chao is 5'1" and Susi is not tall, but both are legends and giant killers and both prove that vertically challenged players can win. But short in badminton really is a disadvantage in GENERAL, just a tap at the net is tough for short players than for a ZN or XXF...playing against XXF, she just make the short player run all over the court...case in point the semi-final of WS in WC05, I was there and Cheng has no chance. XXF is notorious for poor fitness and running out of breathe but she still reigned champion in WCs and harvest a string of gold in majors, blessed with skill and darn tall and a long reach. Short players need tremendous fitness e.g. Susi and Gong, constant running and exellent anticipation to make up for being short. If you play against short person you will know their handicap...run baby run!! and run faster!! LOL!
    If short and tall players both have the same potential, skill, etc., how come CHN pick only the tall ones for their no. 1 team...unless the short one like Gong ZC is a rare exception
    well
    i can tell u china wont win the wjc for at least 3 year until 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..CHN won't win in which Cup? team or individual? if individual events, which one(s)??..*very bold of you to predict so..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..CHN won't win in which Cup? team or individual? if individual events, which one(s)??..*very bold of you to predict so..
    u asking who?
    better reread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

off-topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    u asking who?
    better reread
    ..i'm asking the poster who made post #23...

Yes, the WJC has 2 Cups: Bimantara Cup and Suhandinata Cup, correct??...one is for team event and one is for individual event..
    so, which one are you referring to??..if for individual events, for which event(s)??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-09-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is interesting
    i wonder csc is a male player?
    or there is 10 csc?

hint:what event did csc play?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..aaahhhh, thank you for finally making it clear!....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well
    i believe everyone is clear even before post 27 because we are discussing csc and ws
    lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..well, i was just double checking, make that triple checking if that's what you really meant..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..well, i was just double checking, make that triple checking if that's what you really meant..
    I don't say that's bold of limsy, seeing that Ratchanok and Tai Tzu Ying are around.
    MS there's Viktor and Zul...
    But I think they'll still win the WD and XD, but they definitely cannot dominate the junior scene anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url.../13/2wse3.html

Looks like the strategy, experience and mental maturity are paying off for Cheng Shao Chieh.
    She lost the match to Wang Shixian in Indonesian Open, too many points were decided in a few shots.
    CSC was able to control the tempo of the game with patience and keep up the 1st 15 points and attach more
    after 15 points when there're a chance.

Looking back 2005 World Championship. CSC feels that she was young and lucky to take the bronze.
    Now she is more mature and joked about "being old and she has no choice but to grow up".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.sina.com.hk/cgi-bin/nw.../415439/1.html

Interview after the match against Wang Shixian. CSC mentioned about not studying Chinese players specifically,
    "the biggest enemy is herself", "in the past, she may think of chance of losing when playing against Chinese players,
    now that she's older/mature, don't be afraid of losing before the match, don't think this way, just be patient since the skills
    are about equal".

About her knee injury, "the injury has been there for a long time, since the leg is not broken, will continue to play, don't use the injury
    as an excuse, don't think about the injury, it won't matter during the match."

also joked about "surfing is the main sports, badminton is for fun".

17. Likes kaka jr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.facebook.com/cheng.SHAO.chieh

CSC's Facebook page, she does post regularly including photos, mostly in Chinese, but she tried to post/reply in English sometimes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast