Any modern equivalent of Carbonex 9(external T-joint)?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by shutterbox, Sep 5, 2005.

1. shutterbox

shutterbox Regular Member

Have been playing Carbonex 9 for a while and find it a little heavy

Tried a frens' MP77 and found it too light for my preference.

Are there any rackets(particularly babolat) there is slightly lighter then cab9(i dun mind same weight though) but heavier than the MP77?

2. SomeDudeInBlue

SomeDudeInBlue Regular Member

Student
    hmm, I think the Carbonex 9 is a 2u and a MP-77 a 2u/3u?

Well what are you looking in a racquet for? I mean whats your style of playing? What level do you consider yourself in?

3. shutterbox

I think i dun excel in any particular area, an average joe in power, mobility. can go back baseline, can rush to net.

play mostly doubles.

I'm a regular tennis player, so maybe i cannot get used to swinging light rackets(I use the heavier tennis rackets anyway).

I'v heard goods about babolat badminton rackets, ie pulsar,synchro,etc..yonex, i find that expensive, though the MP2X series are still within my budget.

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    surely just go to any sports shop and try swinging a couple of their racquets? yonex have a racuqet weight system where U is heavier than 2U, which is heavier than 3U which is heavier than 4U. other manufacturers may have the opposite system, try the racquets to find out. Since the cab9 is a 2U (i think) then try some other 2U racuqets, much of the MP2x and 3x come in 2U (which is 90-94g unstrung), not sure that the current babolat racquets are that light. the trend is now towards 3U and 4U racquets.

the carbonex 20 SP (not special) is probably a good bet, most will be 2U anyway.

more expensive ones include Ti-10, MP100, MP99 (comes in 2U as well)

5. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well, if you want a slightly heavy racket, babolot is definatly NOT teh way to go...babolat emphasizes on light-rackets.
    you mgiht want to try a more head-heavy racket. but i guess the mp77 is teh heaviest racket i've held in a while(read=heaviest fo the latest yonex/babolat series)

mayeb try using lighter tennis rackets? to get used to light rackets..
    or ,as many here woudl agree with me :p, QUIT TENNIS!!! ;)

6. Russki Bear

Russki Bear Regular Member

IT
    I wonder if these light racquets might be too floppy for you? I hate a flexing shaft and I played tennis for many years. I could feel it whenever I hit a clear or especially a smash and I found it....odd and even disconserting.
    I have a 2UG3 MP99, and it is awesome when I use it properly ;)

7. shutterbox

have spoken to someone selling rackets near by neighbourhood.

he said that the current rackets no longer pay like my cab9. the current noes are lighter, move faster, and most likely more aerodynamic so that feel,speed will be different. Also, i will have to "re-time" my swings again..so i guess its a matter of adjustments, if i get a new racket.

he's currently having a good deal for MP22, at abt S$70, strung.

is this a good start for me?