Need help from badminton peeps

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by hongkie, Sep 6, 2005.

1. hongkie

hongkie Regular Member

student
    Today my friend bought his new MP99 that sources from China through his friend and it costs only SGD$80++ including shipping, which raised my doubt that a genuine MP99 should not be costing that cheap, even in China.

My guess was right. His MP99 doesn't have the "chain" grommets that is placed around 5 or 6 holes from the T-joint. Which these grommets have red ink colouring on each of them. and secondly, the serial number looks exactly like the picture that Yonex graded it under "imitation" serial.

I'm not that close with him so i asked his buddy to persuade him to switch back to his Wilson Hyperhammer 80. Only to find out that he refused. Having read so many articles about fakes causing injuries through missile-like projectiles that breaks from the shaft worries me, i couldn't help worrying while playing my doubles game with someone using a fake in a game. That is one big selfishness on his part. Apparently he is aware of the fakey stuff but refused to budge.

Do not wish to hurt his feelings by isolating him aside too.

What should i do? I always regard badminton as a fun and safe game but not with a fake racket that compromise safety for cheap frills. Need suggestions, thanks.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Looks like it's not only the racket that's fake, but your friend as well.

-dave

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Clearly, this person is one of those who cares about the "look" when come to badminton. He would rather settle down with an un-reliable fake racket, rather than a well made but less known brand.

Everyone has his/her choice to play with someone or not. If u feel uncomfortable from this person, just step away. :rolleyes:

4. hongkie

hongkie Regular Member

student
    Thanks for the replies guys, today i happen to have known that he might be going to the supplier and to ask if whether that fake could be used safely. It is like it is the dumbest thing to do! As if the fake seller will tell you that his racket is not safe.