User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cheers Asian (Singapore) Satellite 2005

The competition is now on till 11th Sep. Venue is Singapore Badminton Hall. Website is:

http://www.singaporebadminton.org.sg...ibsi06main.htm

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is quarterfinals day.

Quite surprised that Xing Aiying (No. 1) is seeded higher than Li Li (No. 2) for the WS.

What happened to our Singapore No. 1 fan aka BC Singapore photographer? Loh, where are you.......?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only Kendrick, WIEMPIE Mahardi, Erwin make it.... malaysia are really good. Xing AIying and lili make it only... i think why those male single nv make it because of not being full time players. Most of them are quite young. Anyone going to watch tmr?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jansenkzh
    Only Kendrick, WIEMPIE Mahardi, Erwin make it.... malaysia are really good. Xing AIying and lili make it only... i think why those male single nv make it because of not being full time players. Most of them are quite young. Anyone going to watch tmr?

can i still get the ticket tml???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Playing in Satellite rather than 4* tournament

I dont really understand why our top-notch players playing in Satellite rather than more prestigeous game.

Kedrick, Xi Aiying, Lili, Li YiJia whom apparently in top 20 in world rank should play in Asian Game so that they can gain more experience and be useful when they encouter really top players.

I am no longer suprise when they were thrashed out by low rank players in world classed game depite thier suprerity of ranks. Lili was pushed out by young and unknown chinese girl in Malaysia Open and China Master.

Good to garner the points from satellite to elevate the word ranking. But they should not always playing. Without any exposure in good game, world rank is nothing and can't live with the status.

And endless comment of our team official or coach stating with complacent remarks of "satisfactory, upto expectation or improving etc..." at every end of the tounarment.

I noted thier comment about Ronald's progress when he beat a few players in Surdiman Cup 2005 as "satifactory imprvement". I see the point otherwise. What kind of improvement can be expected from age of Ronald (26+ years old) where Chinese player would have retired and become a coach.

I would rather see and cheer fresh Singaporeans should participate in this kind of satellite game and not any of our players who are in the world ranking of 20.

What a dissapointment!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with kyiyu, but my guess is that Cheers or SBA wants SG players to win local competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I now see the point why Loh said local talent are not enough. No matter how good the players are, they won't be as good as the oversea talent which is quite true. Singapore can't even win malaysia, we can't expect to see miracle happening when its against china or indo or thai. But anyway still wishes singapore team to work harder.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Singapore can't even win malaysia, we can't expect to see miracle happening when its against china or indo or thai.
    Huh?? You are implying that Thailand is stronger than Malaysia??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be true in long term. Thailand players are hopeful. If you see the young thailand students play, you might have the same thinking as me.

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    Huh?? You are implying that Thailand is stronger than Malaysia??
    Last edited by Jansenkzh; 09-09-2005 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Add on.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be true in long term. Thailand players are hopeful. If you see the young thailand students play, you might have the same thinking as me.
    I think in the next 5 years or so, Malaysia will be way stronger than the Thais in the men's game. I cannot think of a strong singles player or doubles pair beyond their respective No. 1s. Malaysia on the other hand have strong and young players doing resonably well (3 doubles pairs, Kuan Beng Hong for example). The women's game is another story as Malaysia has been traditionally weak. However there is a glimmer of light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its free entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by indo_gal
    can i still get the ticket tml???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, but it seem both countries are improving rapidly. Thailand players in the mix double were quite good as can be seen in singapore open. Msia will be about the same or better i think.

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    I think in the next 5 years or so, Malaysia will be way stronger than the Thais in the men's game. I cannot think of a strong singles player or doubles pair beyond their respective No. 1s. Malaysia on the other hand have strong and young players doing resonably well (3 doubles pairs, Kuan Beng Hong for example). The women's game is another story as Malaysia has been traditionally weak. However there is a glimmer of light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singapore can't even win malaysia, we can't expect to see miracle happening when its against china or indo or thai. But anyway still wishes singapore team to work harder.
    lol...you must be joking right, to think that thai is stronger than Malaysia?

You forgetting about Lee CW, Hafiz, Wong Choong Hann, Kuan Beng Hong, Sairul, Roslin....and thats just singles.

Perhaps i can list our MD pairs as well, but please go check the world rankings . If i am not wrong, Mal have 4 in the top 20. I find it quite insulting that you think Malaysian badminton are pushovers.

What you are seeing in Cheers are 3rd liners juniors, and are not true representation of the Mal strength. Perhaps substituting Thai with Denmark or South Korea would be more appropriate.

As far as badminton goes, there are 5 main powers at present: China, Indonesia, Denmark, Malaysia and South Korea.

http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal...t.aspx?tabid=7
    Last edited by wl2172; 09-09-2005 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malaysia is in the MD final against Korea. Hope they can win this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean in time to come, but not to be too bias

Quote Originally Posted by wl2172
    lol...you must be joking right, to think that thai is stronger than Malaysia?

You forgetting about Lee CW, Hafiz, Wong Choong Hann, Kuan Beng Hong, Sairul, Roslin....and thats just singles.

Perhaps i can list our MD pairs as well, but please go check the world rankings . If i am not wrong, Mal have 4 in the top 20. I find it quite insulting that you think Malaysian badminton are pushovers.

What you are seeing in Cheers are 3rd liners juniors, and are not true representation of the Mal strength. Perhaps substituting Thai with Denmark or South Korea would be more appropriate.

As far as badminton goes, there are 5 main powers at present: China, Indonesia, Denmark, Malaysia and South Korea.

http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal...t.aspx?tabid=7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SORRY TO ANNOUNCE THIS

but kendrick has fallen to the great indonesian defence of Jeffer Rosobin.

the however is still hope for singaporeans as Wiempie Mahardi has made it into the finals keeping the Singapore flag hope alive in the MS category.

cheers

8man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Kendrick would to have lost to Rosobin, i doubt Mahardi would be able to make it also. But anyway, i wish him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    SORRY TO ANNOUNCE THIS

but kendrick has fallen to the great indonesian defence of Jeffer Rosobin.

the however is still hope for singaporeans as Wiempie Mahardi has made it into the finals keeping the Singapore flag hope alive in the MS category.

cheers

8man

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast