TC: Danes in trouble!

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cup 2002' started by Jan, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Jan

Jan Guest

The Thomas cup qualification which is usually just a formallity for the Danes may prove to be very nerve raking!!

Gade is out due to a knee injury! Kenneth Jonasen and Niels-Christian Kaldau is both troubled by injuries.

Most likely the Danish line-up is going to be Anders Boesen, Jonasen or Kaldau and Kaspar Ødum (no.59 in the world) as the last men's single.

Going up agains Sweden - England - Germany may be a hard task!!!

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    No panic

Their doubles are solid though. The new formations have give the Danes four strong pairs in MD, before they had 2 -- or 3 at best. They have yet to prove themselves internationally of course... but I saw the Danish championships, and they looked pretty strong -- especially Jens Eriksen and Martin Lundgaard.

Anyway, I don't think Denmark will have too much trouble from the Swedes anyway. Rasmus Wengberg seems to have lost it completely and George Rimarcdi also has played terribly lately... And we have no doubles pairs worth mentioning really.

And the Germans... well I doubt they will beat Sweden, even!

I think Denmark still have free way to the TC finals. But once there, they will definitely need Gade in top form!

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    No panic - Danes in doubles.

just thought that's an appropriate title for Mag's post. :)