OH MY WORD!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by justcoll, Feb 13, 2002.

1. justcoll

justcoll Guest

Geez, what a great response from everyone out there, and thanks to Peter for starting the ball rolling.

You all speak of playing in countries where it is sooooooo cold (must be hell of hard to play in a huge coat!!), and yet I am from sunny Durban in South Africa where there are nights it gets so hot I could quite easily play in my bikini! Imagine that! We have only just started the year but already our club seems to be growing from strength to strength which is great.

Thanks for all the great responses, not sure if any of you ever visit South Africa but we are hosting the World Junior Champs in Pretoria at the end of the year. If you're ever on your way to Durban, S.A. bring your racket and come join us for a game! I am contactable on e-mail if you would like.

COL

2. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    >> I am from sunny Durban in South Africa where there are nights it gets so hot I could quite easily play in my bikini! Imagine that!

Ok, I will!

UKP

3. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Word of caution

Watch it, some sexist pig at the IBF might get the idea that a bikini dress code is just what women's badminton needs!

4. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Re: Word of caution

lol - well beach volleyball gets more television coverage than badminton in the UK so there is a commercical aspect. Though if we followed that model then men would have to be topless and I don't fancy that!

Anyway it's too early in the afternoon to be thinking about Camilla in a bikini!
    UKP

5. LOL

LOL Guest

Re: Word of caution

The Acquired Immuno deficency syndrome( i mean to make ur country women also wear Bikini when they play baddy) is most common in Durban! so whoever wants it, make sure that U guys wear enough rubbers!

6. justcoll

justcoll Guest

HA HA ! And trust me it's a rather lovely sight ... though I suppose not quite as nice as Camilla would be ... And AT LAST, people out there with a sense of humour! I'll be sure to bring my racket and bikini when I come to the U.K. later this year ... I believe you have some hot nights every now and then ... HA HA!

7. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    I have no doubt you would beautify any scene.

Don't limit your travels just to UK, if you come to Vancouver, pleaz - pleaz - pleaz do the same. You in your bikini will certainly help to warm up the chilly courts here in the city. I'd promise to wear my trunks, but we have a hard enough time getting people interested in badminton without some old geezer turning them off!

8. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Ouch! Badrad, I think I will have to skip that session with you in your trunks.

Colleen in a bikini on the other hand, might just offset that vision. Hahah.

9. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    So cruel!

Peter Kho: I can't believe you can be so cold. You know how many years it took for me to get this body into the shape it's in? You know how many Coors Lights it took to sculpt this figure of a ... COUCH POTATO???? What mirror was I looking at?

10. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Re: So cruel!

Hey Badrad,
    You got it right. It's cold right now and having a vision of you in your trunks somehow did not turn up the temperature for me. Hahaha...

I gotta come out one of these days to join you & family for another session. Have to juggle and rearrange the schedule.

11. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed

Peter:
    Been playing all over town last little while, but haven't been to Cambie lately.
    Friday nights over at Cameron is pretty fun, there is a group of Malaysian players that are pretty decent, one fellow in particular quite strong. The problem is that they only play plastic, and the floor is rubberized concrete so the knees get a lot of abuse. The session starts pretty late (9:30pm to 11:30pm), but is well attended.
    Otherwise, name a time and place, will try to arrange with the family. How about getting Viver as well.

12. viver

viver Regular Member

Glad to join you guys.. but remember I have not playing as much as you lately. :-(