special diet?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Mrs Kuncoro, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Mrs Kuncoro

Mrs Kuncoro Regular Member

do badminton players go on any specific diet towards a big game??

2. kyiyu

kyiyu Regular Member

General Manager
    Suggest to ask Kuncoro. He should be the right one to answer:D

3. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Normally during training I think so. But during tournaments overseas, it is a bit difficult, you often see players eating in local restaurants or hotels. I think they just eat anything, as long as they eat sensibly and don't over do it. Sometimes you hear players have food poisoning, or diarrhea :D

Obviously most Asian players favor Asian food, usually settling for Oriental food. Check out the WC05 pictures thread.

I have even seen some players buy burger and fries from the hamburger stand here!

4. Mrs Kuncoro

hehehe yea i wish:rolleyes:

5. Arief

Arief Regular Member

I saw some players eating bananas during the interval between 1st and 2nd set...

6. rudytjip

rudytjip Regular Member

In talking to Sony Dwi Kuncoro during WC, I learned that the Indonesian team had Indonesian food catered for them everyday, but the players did get a per diem that they can use to buy additional food on their own. As Chris' photos show, the team went to eat at a Thai restaurant for a welcome dinner.

While some players may stick to their "native food" so as not to upset their stomach, some others may just eat about anything. Like Lilyana Natsir -- photos from WC showed her eating Thai on Sunday, Korean food on Monday, and Chinese food (with Chinese players) on Tuesday. On Thursday I saw her buying Carl's Jr burgers at the Anaheim pond. All that, and she got WC gold in mixed doubles!! So, there's obviously no correlation between special diets and performance! :)

7. Mrs Kuncoro

wow great info thx

8. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    LOL, I just know that the Chinese team really likes ice cream. Us Chinese people are like that.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL, look at their fitness, they can burn off a banana split in one match :D

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Asian players eat more carbohydrates and this is ideal when coming into a tournament. Some may even do carbohydrate-loading to prepare themselves for extended round after round of tough battles. Eating bananas or drinking fluid with glucose extends your stamina quicker than complex carbohydrates which are low glycemic. During games you need 'speedy' glucose from simple carbohydrates like glucose, sugar, pocari sweat, etc. The only fuel for your muscles is glucose. Protein and fat will give you none and will probably stop you from going anywhere, even the first round.
    I am sure the top European players who eat more protein and fat than their Asian counterparts will switch to a high carbohydrate diet when preparing for tournaments.