How do I count the position for the racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by quik_silver, Sep 10, 2005.

1. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    I have been seeing people saying 18th or 21st....I am wondering how do you count them...? I am having some trouble understanding what other people saying... :(

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

i havent got the slithest diea what you mean.

the strings on a racket? how many rackets you've destroyed? shuttles per match?

if it's teh strings (i guess) you count the main strings from teh center(10 on each side mostly) and the crosses from top to bottom.

but when they say: start stringing the cross from 7, and knot at six: they mena the grommets. wich they count,again, form teh center.

3. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Yea that's the one I was asking..Sorry for the misunderstanding.... :(

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Depend on who you talk to or which instruction you use. In yonex catalog, first grommet on the top is called A1 and first grommet from the throat is called B1. In some instruction books, first grommet on the top is call T1 and first grommet from the bottom is call B1. Some instructions use H1 for head 1 and T1 for throat 1. And yes, there are people use 1-35 gromments starting from throat. This would be a problem since NS7K and NS8K has different number gromments. I proposed to have a standard naming so we can be sure which one are we using. By the way, most of the stringers DO NOT use 1-35+ counting method.