User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: why?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    china , hong kong
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question why?

    why does it happen that when I play against to a player that is better than me that I can do better and seems like I put more effort into getting to the shuttlecock than when I play against to a weaker player and I would play worser?

    what is it that i should really improve on so i can put my 100% effort into everthing i play?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity
    why does it happen that when I play against to a player that is better than me that I can do better and seems like I put more effort into getting to the shuttlecock than when I play against to a weaker player and I would play worser?

    what is it that i should really improve on so i can put my 100% effort into everthing i play?
    because the better player is more accurate to where they place the birdy and place it where you are not at but the less experienced player just want to get the birdy over the net and not care about where they places it which is most likely in the centre of the court where you are most of the time....

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    [ON . Canada] [GuangZhou . China]
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hahahalol
    because the better player is more accurate to where they place the birdy and place it where you are not at but the less experienced player just want to get the birdy over the net and not care about where they places it which is most likely in the centre of the court where you are most of the time....
    Wait I'm confused ... I think she said that she plays better with more experience opponent and play worse with inexperienced o_0

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Canada, Mississauga
    Posts
    433
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    perhaps a little over confident? You may be like hah this guy is easy and underestimate him.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't seem to play seriously against weaker opponents either, though it's calculated. I'm out there to play, but also to improve, and I like to play people my level or a little above.

  6. #6
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hahahalol
    ...but the less experienced player just want to get the birdy over the net and not care about where they places it which is most likely in the centre of the court where you are most of the time....
    Hey! You're describing me!



    In all seriousness, I'm the same way, when I play with lesser players, I play down to their level. When playing with better players, I play up.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just wondering... Against weaker players, does anyone just randomly do clear rallys? Sometimes I get bored and clear until they miss the shot and drop it, whereupon I just clear it again...

  8. #8
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixMateria
    Just wondering... Against weaker players, does anyone just randomly do clear rallys? Sometimes I get bored and clear until they miss the shot and drop it, whereupon I just clear it again...
    Ding! That's what I do most of the time. I also will practice shots I normally would not try with more advanced players.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •