Carlton F1 Shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by mussy, Sep 16, 2005.

1. mussy

mussy Regular Member

hi

well, i ordered some of these shuttles from centralsports, £12 for 12. Gotta say the durability is the best ive seen from a nylon shuttle at the same price point.

its the best nylon shuttle they make and its great, got a cork head and its nice and responsive. and it comes in yellow. but above all the durabilty is to die for...we used the same shuttle for 4 hours in mixed doubles matches and it only has a couple of slight rips in the skirt, but about 95% of it is just the same as it was brand new.

However, they do feel a little heavy at first, but you get used to it. In terms of flight and recovery times, i prefer the yonex mavis 300, but the carlton f1 beats it hands down in duarbility and the flight is pretty nice too. normally, we'd go through around 2 yonex shuttles.

just had to write this, cos nobody else has reviewed them.

2. other

other Regular Member

Student
    ah thanks for the review:)
    can you compare them to the mavis 370s by any chance?

3. j_e_thompson

j_e_thompson Regular Member

Software Engineer
    We've just switched from 370s to F1s for this season (mainly because we could get them in yellow, which we couldn't in the 370s). Having used them for a couple of months we are quite happy with them.

Design of the F1 is closer to that of the 370 than the 300, but with little spikey bits around the end of the skirt. Cork is ever-so-slightly longer on the F1 and they do seem to fly a little bit further than the 370s.

As for durability, our team organiser had 2 dozen for a 3-way mens 4s tournament a couple of weeks ago and they used less than a tube. Unfortunately he bought 6 dozen for the 3 tournaments he was organising and now has rather a lot of spare shuttles!

Price-wise they were also cheaper than 370s.

John

4. lanxlad

lanxlad Regular Member

Engineer
    Cheaper, faster, last longer.. surprises our opponents in the league, eh, john?? Not sure what the excuse was for the 6-0 at home to Redhoods then! Probably because we were both "injured" ;).

Pretty sure though, with the amount that we bought that you'll have to use them next season too!

Thing I want to know is, does anybody REALLY seem to have a problem with them, or is it just when it gets too hot and/or people moaning for the sake of it?

Does anyone hate F-1's, and I mean hate.. and why?

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes, I hate them from all my heart... Becuase they are too fast, and too heavy (= bad badminton shuttles!!)

I preffer AS-50!!

and While I'm in "hate" mode :D ... www.centralsports.co.uk, sucks big time!!
    I have tried to order some Carlton stuff from their website, and after a few months.. :mad: after repeted mail-questions, they informed me that the goods I ordered where in stock... Then when I was going to pay, they denied the order because the shipping address was outside UK (regardless of willignes to pay additional shipping)..

Really bad customer service, and UK only service.. on Centralsports.

/Twobeer

#5 twobeer, Oct 27, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  6. j_e_thompson

Software Engineer
    Yet according to their help page you can order from anywhere in the world. Did you try telephoning them and giving them some hassle?

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I didn't bother to phone them up.. I got a mail from a "David James (Finance Control)". that wrote

"I am sorry to inform you due to the increase in credit card fraud over the internet it is our new company policy to only accept international orders via Direct Bankers Draft.
    This is to take immediate effect and will apply to your impending order."

I replied asking if it was ok with Wire-transfer, and also tried to ask why he felt credit fraud risk would be greater for a VISA, DINERS; AMEX, EuroCard issued in another eu-country than for one of the same issued in UK....

Didn't get a response at all from them, so I assumed they didn't want my business..

I just added them to my "nice-looking front" but really sucky internet-shop list :)

/Twobeer

8. j_e_thompson

Software Engineer
    Twobeer,

Have you tried http://directsports-eshop.com? Their prices are pretty similar to Central Sports. Not sure what their international order policy is. Their information page seemed very similar to the Central Sports one. Spookily so.

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    No haven't tried them.. seems nice, maybe i should give them a try.

One UK shop, I can recommend is http://www.rapidrepair.biz/ .. not a huge selection.. But great service minded and speedy delivery, very good.

Cheers,
    Twobeer

10. wirre

wirre Regular Member

I ordered some shuttles, shoes and a bag from directsports without problem. Only that they are slow at answering e-mails, better call them, they were nice to talk with.

Also note that there isn't any option in the country drop-down list to order to Sweden when filling in the online formula......but you just type your adress and write Sweden as country in one of the adress fields, worked for me.

Took about a week to get the delivery.

/ mats

11. vince00

vince00 Regular Member

So is Carlton F1 better than Yonex Mavis 300? And would you say Carlton F1 is the best nylon shuttles out there?

Thanks

Vince

12. vince00

vince00 Regular Member

Also has anyone used the F2 as well? What's the difference between F1 and F2?

#12 vince00, Feb 19, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  13. j_e_thompson

Software Engineer
    I would say the F1 is better than the M300, but not as good as the M370. Haven't tried the F2.

John

14. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    I am in the F1's corner I have been playing with them for 3 months now and they are way better than the M300's and about the same as the M370's. But and this is a big round full bodied BUT they so much more durable. I have played with the same shuttle for 7/8 hours without any real damage. The only time I use a new one is when the old one slows down and believe me it hangs on till the end. The ones which I have retired all look fine and play fine just a bit on the slow side. The Yonex's break left right and centre and believe me I love Yonex product's. Yonex's tear very easily and then don't fly true as well as the cork has a tendency of breaking and flying at the opponent like a bullet on a few occasions (which is kind of entertaining).

Oh yeah I use the yellow F1's they are easier to pick up in the sports hall's tube lighting

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    nice to see mavis have some competiton now.
    i havent tried f1/f2 yet. Do u know if f1/f2 are made of cork or hard plastic?
    Can f1/f2 skirt be stretched to adjust for speed?

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it is my understanding that credit card frauds are eaten by the credit card companies, not the retailers.

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    That is my understanding as well. But they may put some regulations on the reatailers in terms of procedures and technologies to follow i suppose?

/T