AT700 fake or real??

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by goku999, Sep 18, 2005.

1. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    I bought two armortec 700 rackets from a shop a week ago and they look real. The sold real colour muscle power cases with the gold and blue writing and not the plain fake one.
    I have been on a site posted in this forum on how to spot a fake racket and from those tests it passed them all in my eyes apart its not a muscle power.

I dont know how to post images of the racket so dont ask me.

But the colour is like strong dark red and looks exactly like the armortec 700 from the yonex site.
    it was about £100 each but the thing is that the serial has UK on the end of it, not SP and not CH. :confused:

I am a newb when it comes to the yonex stuff as i have used carlton for a few years now and wanted to try a yonex racket to play in league games.
    My brother who is younger than me liked the racket really much.
    My first impressions is that its the genuine racket.

The serials are as follows:
    (Serial at the bottom of the shatf/serial above the handle..C.S.CAP i think).

4352524/240433UK
    4352558/240433UK

Theirs a small label on the cap saying;
    4U 19~24lbs
    G4 8.6~10.9kg

On the shaft it says in caps:
    Ultra Light Weight/ Head Heavy Balance/ Ultimum Titanium + High Modulus Graphite/ Made in Japan.

And it is one cm longer than my carlton racket.

What do you think?

2. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Shouldn't Armortec racquets have Armortec cases, and not Muscle Power cases?

SP on serial code means the racquet was supposed to be distributed to singapore for sale there. SP on the shaft means it was distributed by Sunrise Sports, should be for sale usually only in Hong Kong or Singapore.

CH on shaft or serial number means it should be distributed to China, so unless you bought or ordered the two Armortec 700s from Singapore/Hong Kong/China, UK on the serial should be correct, considering you bought the two Armortec 700s from a shop in UK.

both racquets with the serial numbers 240433UK says that the racquets were manufactured on the 24th of April, 2003. It is supposed to be distributed to UK.

All high end Yonex racquets are manufactured in Japan, so on the shaft they always say "Made in Japan". But you have to look on the cap on the end to make sure, it should usually say either China, Taiwan, or Japan, so that is where the racquet was really made. The country code on the cone states where the racquet is supposed to be shipped to.

Unless you can produce some detailed pictures of the racquets, they sound pretty legit to me, except the casing should be an Armortec Case, and not a Muscle Power case.

3. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    sorry for not making my self clear
    In the shop they have the legit muscle power cases so my first thought was they they sell genuine Yonex rackets.

My armortec did come with the armortec case black and silver.

4. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    That's good to hear. I think it's legit, unless you can come up with a few pictures.

5. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I have checked in the information of your Yonex armortec 700
    1) 4352524 240433UK (date=24 Apr 2003)
    2) 4352558 240433UK (date=24 Apr 2003)
    to my information list of Yonex rackets made in Japan, their serial nos. and date codes are legitimate.
    However you still need to inspect the other physical features of the rackets are fully and compare the specifications to ascertain its total legitimacy or authenticity yourself.
    From the above, I believe you have done so thoroughly.

#5 leehsim, Sep 18, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  6. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Goku999 may I ask where you obtained the pair of At700s? is it near Wolverhampton?

7. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    Check Your PM :)

8. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    Thats all good to hear, thanks