User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm wonder if you are really KKK's lover....
    well wmc is defending her gold medal in manila so the pressure is on her....and mind you she has problems with both her knees...so to be out injured and still back playing after a long layoff is an achievement of its kind...a lot of players would have given up...so to all you malaysian badminton fans out there, give her a bit of time....afterall malaysia is not like china where they produce women players like a factory....

btw, li mao is not the womens coach.....so happened tht wmc is put under him coz he is the singles high performance coach.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SIF, all you guys forgot about Joanne from the forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    SIF, all you guys forgot about Joanne from the forums.

joanne quay?
    heard bout her.....wonder where shes been?
    former world jr MX silver medallist with chan chong ming
    she should still be quite young....
    where is she?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ**
    joanne quay?
    where is she?
    I meant Joanne from the forums :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ**
    joanne quay?
    where is she?

errr....not silver medallist in the the world junior melbourne 1998 but champions......
    chan chong ming also won the MD with Teo Seng Kok tht year...

CCM has won the world junior and also asian junior twice in MD....hopefully he will win the MD WC soon.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ksooi
    hmm wonder if you are really KKK's lover....
    well wmc is defending her gold medal in manila so the pressure is on her....and mind you she has problems with both her knees...so to be out injured and still back playing after a long layoff is an achievement of its kind...a lot of players would have given up...so to all you malaysian badminton fans out there, give her a bit of time....afterall malaysia is not like china where they produce women players like a factory....

btw, li mao is not the womens coach.....so happened tht wmc is put under him coz he is the singles high performance coach.....
    LETS JUST HOPE SO. I AM QUITE CONFUSED IF U R MALAYSIAN,OR SINGAPOREAN BECAUSE I WANT TO ASK ALL OF MALAYSIAN FAN WHETHER U AGREE IF OUR WOMEN TEAM HAVE IMPORT PLAYER FROM CHINA TO MAKE OUR TEAM MORE COMPETITIVE AS U CAN SEE LIKE PI HONG YAN (FRANCE) AND MANY OTHER.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Quote Originally Posted by kienkeatlover
      I WANT TO ASK ALL OF MALAYSIAN FAN WHETHER U AGREE IF OUR WOMEN TEAM HAVE IMPORT PLAYER FROM CHINA TO MAKE OUR TEAM MORE COMPETITIVE
      Congratulations, lover, on solving the bold font problem. Good luck with the CAPS LOCK.
    • I'm assuming you are asking whether other Malaysians agree that the Malaysian team should import players from China. As far as I know, none are imported now. I won't intrude on this query, though. I just look forward to seeing Malaysian women continue to mount a challenge internationally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malaysia women's team need to work on physical fitness. I noticed most players are quite skinny, its a big disadvantage to play against the Chinese, Koreans, and Danes because they are phisically bigger in terms of height and weight, which give them more power.

Physical fitness is very fundamental in any sports, look at the girl (I forgot her name) from Taiwan that played at WC 2005 semi-finals against Xie XinFang from China. The girl from Taiwan was very good (I enjoyed watching her play) and shes definitely no less skillful than Xie. But Xie has a big advantage because she is taller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... it's quite true that we dun seem to hav many outstanding women players as of now besides wong mew choo and chin ee hui/wong pei tty but there are definitely a few junior players who r rather impressive. Did anyone even mention Lydia Cheah? she's only 16 and she's the current national junior champ. she does quite well in senior national tournaments too. she became the youngest player to reach a national grand prix final at the age of 15 last yr. plus, she's beaten norsyahliza baharum b4.

besides, julia, norsyahliza, anita and lydia r still young. :P and currently, there's this 14-yr-old malacca player, tee jing yi, who is drawing quite a lot of attention too. wait and c la.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    Malaysia women's team need to work on physical fitness. I noticed most players are quite skinny, its a big disadvantage to play against the Chinese, Koreans, and Danes because they are phisically bigger in terms of height and weight, which give them more power.

Physical fitness is very fundamental in any sports, look at the girl (I forgot her name) from Taiwan that played at WC 2005 semi-finals against Xie XinFang from China. The girl from Taiwan was very good (I enjoyed watching her play) and shes definitely no less skillful than Xie. But Xie has a big advantage because she is taller.
    oh yeah, the taiwanese girl is 19 yr old cheng shao chieh. world jr champ 2004 i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishnet wen*yi
    oh yeah, the taiwanese girl is 19 yr old cheng shao chieh. world jr champ 2004 i think.
    is it Lydia Cheah 170++cm???WMC just 165cm....
    if Lydia CLY is about 170cm....mayb she`s the tallest female badminton player in malaysia...is it right???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twdc08
    if Lydia CLY is about 170cm....mayb she`s the tallest female badminton player in malaysia...is it right???

i also heard she is quite tall...hope she can make an impact on the world scene soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kienkeatlover
    LETS JUST HOPE SO. I AM QUITE CONFUSED IF U R MALAYSIAN,OR SINGAPOREAN BECAUSE I WANT TO ASK ALL OF MALAYSIAN FAN WHETHER U AGREE IF OUR WOMEN TEAM HAVE IMPORT PLAYER FROM CHINA TO MAKE OUR TEAM MORE COMPETITIVE AS U CAN SEE LIKE PI HONG YAN (FRANCE) AND MANY OTHER.

Excuse me...whether i am malaysian or not makes no difference whether malaysia needs to import ladies players from anywhere in the world....i don't really understand your question? does it make it competitive in the badminton world for someone from another country to represent malaysia or is it competitive for malaysian badminton if we import someone from lets say from china???..well fyi, i don't think malaysia will import any players to represent MALAYSIA but we will definitely import coaches from other country to improve the standard in malaysia....after all, we are all proud of our made in malaysia players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's vey simple:
    BECAUSE BAM IS NOT CONCERN ABOUT LADIES BADMINTON

Cheah Soon Kit had voiced this several times, our ladies need more internationl exposure. Although the condition had improved a bit, but still not satisfying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kienkeatlover
    A big NO!!! Malaysia can have import players in any other sports except BADMINTON.

I still don't see any Malaysians feel proud from heart when Yuan Yufang (athlete) won the 1998 Commonwealth gold medal.

What about Me Lingjing (for pingpong)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyet
    A big NO!!! Malaysia can have import players in any other sports except BADMINTON.

I still don't see any Malaysians feel proud from heart when Yuan Yufang (athlete) won the 1998 Commonwealth gold medal.

What about Me Lingjing (for pingpong)?
    THIS HAS BEEN A HOT TOPIC HERE WHEN WC HAD FINISHED. ONE OF THE REPORTER ASKED WHETHER SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT WE IMPORT OTHER FOREIGN PLAYER. I QUICKLY SAID NO, BUT TO THINK DEEP ABOUT IT..I DOUBT. MAYBE WE SHOULD? BUT ITS 'BAM' MATTERS AND I JUST CAN SAY..JUST WAIT AND SEE. THINK POSITIVE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twdc08
    172 cm so far she tallest kua..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast