Carbonex 20 tour special!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jaylhw1, Sep 20, 2005.

1. jaylhw1

jaylhw1 Regular Member

hi,buddy can i ask u Carbonex 20 tour special good or not, i from Malaysia and i just buy this racket few days ago, and i buy it with RM170 include a Yang Yang grip and Yonex BG66 strings, now i onli fell that the shopkeeper sell the racket with the high price to me, can someone here teach me how 2 smash ,very strange sometimes my smash very powerful and sometimes very slow.......................pls help

2. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

To smash, u need to hit the shuttle down with ur racket as high as possible to make it go down over the net at a steep angle.

Sometimes, ur smash is powerful coz u hit it correctly or u are fit.
    Ur smash is slow coz u hit it slow or u incorrectly or u were tired that day.

rgds

cs

3. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Carb 20 Tour Special

Jay,

May I ask where you bought this racquet ?

What is the ideal price you found out from other place ?

4. jaylhw1

jaylhw1 Regular Member

k, i buy this racket at Sri Terbrau,there got a very small shop and the boss there is a chinese young man, the others shop i found the cheaper price is a shop inside BL badminton court there .The price is RM130 but the string and grip
    are not include.

5. jaylhw1

jaylhw1 Regular Member

sometimes i very confuse about smashing ,we should use more strenght of wrist or arm?and somebody told me when we smash must bend our arm to backward as far as possible and somebody told me we shouldn't bend our arm to backward too far and when we are smashing our arm strenght and speed will become very slow,because the time from backward to in front and hit the shuttlecock is too long.pls give me a suggestion.Who can read chinese here?My english is too bad

6. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Ok, indeed, BL is 1 of the store where you can get cheaper stuff BUT that fella (BL) stringing skills is the worst & I don't like the way he do business (A bit arrogant). Hong Li (Sentosa) and Mega Sport (the shop you bought your carb.20) is still the best shop that provide good stringing skills.

Frankly speaking, I was there when you bought your Carb.20. I think you need sometime to get use to this racquet because i did owned a Carbonex 8 Tour Special before. What I'm trying to tell you is Old carbonex is a SOLID weapon if you know how to use it.

TIMING & WRIST POWER = MAX. POWER SMASHING

Trust me, Mega Sport (the shop where you bought your racquet) is not just want to do business BUT he is also very keen to teach you Theory and Proper Techniques which other shop don't tell you.

I can read mandarin, Why ? you want to post any article.

#6 LouisW, Sep 20, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  7. jaylhw1

jaylhw1 Regular Member

When i buy racket , u r there?But when we smash need to bend our arm to backward as far as possible?

8. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Yes, I was that skinny spectky guy wearing short sleeves. I think he did recommend other racquets to you before you make up your decision, right? Nevermind, you a young and energetic guy, I think you will able to tame this racquet very soon.

Is a bit hard to explain about the proper smashing technique by wordings because every player have their own methods/skills. Just use a bit of your wrist power when your racquet contact with the shuttle. Again, timing is essential.(I'm still learning, sometime I can smash very hard but sometime i don't ~ too tired :eek: )

Why don't you give me your e-mail ? I'II tried to locate an old file about smashing technique and sent it to you said by tomorrow.

9. jay chavez

jay chavez Regular Member

does the carbonex 20 tour special have a built in t joint? will this racket be suitable for an intermediate doubles player? is the 2u or 3u better?

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    why are you asking the same question all over the forum? :rolleyes:

11. jay chavez

jay chavez Regular Member

coz im not too sure if the people i ask have active accounts... ive asked one person and he/she hasnt replied in weeks or so..