Racket Prices In SoutheastAsia and Singapore.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Gre8Deal, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Gre8Deal

Gre8Deal Regular Member

Self-employed
    I notice that u guys are constantly looking out for the cheapest price for rackets in Singapore and the rest of SEAsia and East Asia.

I am an importer and exporter of badminton Products for some 10 years(majority Yonex Products) and is based in Singapore. Here are some information which i hope its useful.

In SEAsia and East Asia, Sunrise & Company (Singapore) control all of SEAsia market except Thailand. Therefore, Singapore have the usually the cheapest price for rackets other than Thailand which the Sole Agent is Far East Speciality Co. Ltd located at 61/50 Soi Arree, Sukhumvit 26, in Bangkok, Thailand. Sunrise Company Singapore controls the market in Singapore, Malaysia, Phillipines, India, Hongkong, Vietnam, Indonesia and Brunei. Therefore, Most of the market control by Sunrise has higher Racket and String Prices than Singapore. I have visited all this places and found that most of them are more expensive than Rackets and Strings sold in Queensway and Bras Brasah.

Therefore only in Thailand can you get the cheapest Racket and Strings. However there is 2 problems. If your racket is damage due to manufacturing defect, u need to go back to thailand to get it replaced which makes no sense since the air ticket is costly. Another problem is there are possibly Fake Rackets selling in Thailand although i have never seen 1 before in Thailand but i have heard of some. Therefore it is safe as long as you bought the racket in SIngapore and the retailer guarantee you 1 to 1 Xchange should it be manufacturers defect no matter where he get his racket from.

Some farnnie myths that quite alot of my retailers and customer quote to me.

1. Series ending with TH are Fake. Whether they end with TH, SP or whatever you can find behind the series number, so long as it is bought from original sole agent its real. Most basic things to look out for, The laser Imprint Series Number and the Model number and the Letter 'O' in the word Yonex. Most Fake Yonex Racket uses hand crafted Serial Number. 2nd is the price. Yonex rackets are made of genuine Materials such as Titanium and carefully crafted. They are expensive because they are of good quality. They actually allowed you to string to tensions above their recommended tensions. Fake rackets cracked while u play the game if they are strung above their recommended tensions.

2. Amortec 900, Nanospeed 9000 these are fake rackets which can be checked at the Official Yonex Website. SOme retailers show me and i laugh. The 900 and 9000 rackets are usually fake rackets made in Indonesia and have the PBSI logo on the racket cap.

Last reminder. If you happen to buy any rackets in Singapore thats is TH model, please ensure that either you pay a cery cheap price and receive no Warranty or if you have bought it at an expensive price, ask them to ensure that they do a 1 to 1 Xchange for you. I am sure they have spare stocks to replace for you. ;)

Ok i gotta go. I'll Stop here. Please feel free to aprticipate in this discussion and i will try my best to answer any of your queries. However, please under stand that i cannot disclose shop that sell cheap rackets or stringing here as that might amount to advertising in this forum. I dunno whether disclosing it in Private message is valid. Perhaps the Admin here can help me with this question.

Many Thanks.

2. Arief

Arief Regular Member

price does not tell. many fake sellers sell racket at original price, right?

as far as i know, they are made in taiwan. even all fakes in Indonesia are imported from either taiwan or china. normally those made in taiwan will have better paint job.

3. Gre8Deal

Gre8Deal Regular Member

Self-employed

Ok. Heres more infor about rackets made in Taiwan and Japan. If you see the words "Developed by Yonex" on the racket, it is Made in Taiwan. Usually these are lower priced rackets like mp 25 mp 28 etc. If the words are Made in Japan, those are more hgily priced rackets as they are made originally in Japan.

However this doesnt mean that they r real or fake. To determine whether they r real or fake, just take note of teh serial number and sent it to your local Sole Agent, (For most here its Sunrise & Co. for verification). Send both the Model and Serial Number. If they confirm that there is no such number then it is fake. The other thing is even if they confirm such number exist, ask them which retailer they sold their rackets to as u want to know whether they are real or fake.

Hope this helps.

4. Arief

Arief Regular Member

we can post the serial number here in this forum and our helpful member will do the checking...:D

5. J_M_V

J_M_V Regular Member

Sales
    Thanks for the good wrapup Gre8Deal. I concur with most of the stuff you wrote. Two questions: 1. would you know if special edition Armortec is still available in SP (or are they sold out already)? 2. are Queensway and Bras Brasah shopping centres? If not, then are they easily found (for somebody who doesn't know anything about Singapore)? Thanks already in advance!

6. armortec800

armortec800 Regular Member

Queensway Shopping Centre (well known sports goods shopping centre) and Bras Basah Complex(well known books and stationery centre, including musical instrucments stuff like that).

Bras Basah Complex has more competitively priced badminton stuff shops(at least 4 of them) than Queensway Shopping Centre.

7. J_M_V

J_M_V Regular Member

Sales
    Cheers mate! What about the AT800 Special Edition?

8. winterwindwolf

winterwindwolf Regular Member

graphic design
    Can you tell me which country originally make Yonex?

9. Gre8Deal

Gre8Deal Regular Member

Self-employed
    The original is made from Japan of coz. But since the inception of "Developed by Yonex " words being imprinted on rackets, they are made in countires mainly Taiwan & China but this are low technology rackets as Yonex fear that the transfer of high technology rackets to be outsourced to china and Taiwan would be the end of Yonex Rackets (Maybe ?).

As for NanoSpeed 9000, its now available in Europe but still subjected to availability in Asia. It has not arrived in Thailand yet and i have not heard from Sunrise so far.

There are still some Special and Limited edition in available in SG. However you might be put off by the pricing. Peninsula plaza still has the Superbrand Limited Ed. AT-700 for example.

10. winterwindwolf

winterwindwolf Regular Member

graphic design
    thanks for answer

As for NanoSpeed 9000, its now available in Europe but still subjected to availability in Asia. It has not arrived in Thailand yet and i have not heard from Sunrise so far.

There are still some Special and Limited edition in available in SG. However you might be put off by the pricing. Peninsula plaza still has the Superbrand Limited Ed. AT-700 for example.[/QUOTE]

Is it available in USA yet? do you know where i can one in east USA? i am also interest in Black Knight SL series, but i am not sure if it availabe in USA. do you happened to know?

11. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    its great to knwo there is some1 like you here on bc.my coachs friend who is also coaching me has an armortec 1000 it looks authentic but i knew it was a fake and whatever i told that it was a fake he didnt believed me.and because of this i think he hates me because he feeds the shuttle very quickly to me then my other mates...sighx....:eek:

12. Gre8Deal

Gre8Deal Regular Member

Self-employed

Dun worry be happy! :) Maybe you wanna change coach? I know of 1 coach who is really very good but he only coaches in the west. If u r staying in the east, then ....:crying:

13. Derrick Tan

Derrick Tan Regular Member

Hi, last time bought 1 racket for worldofsports & have ask them about warranty due to 1 of my racket broke (manufacturing defect)..within a yr...but they say no warranty not even see my racket...is that true?

14. Gre8Deal

Gre8Deal Regular Member

Self-employed
    Its sad to hear this but this is what happens when you bought from irresponsible sales person. And unless you broke your racket the next day you bought it, chances are they will deem your damage due to wear and tear. Unles your racket is damage due to manufacturer defect, there will be no replacement. So i guess you have to buy from more responsible shops. I dun sell to individuals as i sell in bulk. If you r interested i can refer you to one of my dealers and will ask him to sell you badminton items at discounted prices. I should be able to ask him to sell you at the lowest price in town. Just say u r my friend. ;) You can go to him for stringing too. He charges $10 - $11 only for stringing using yonex strings.

15. Derrick Tan

Sure ..that great...Thanks

16. black man

black man Regular Member

Banking Staff
    I already bought 3 rackets at Ranking Sports (MP88, MP99, NS8000) and none of these rackets is warranteed. Even when I asked for warranty card, the seller refused.:confused:

I don't know why. Maybe, cos I was offered a discount price.:confused: And when I brought these rackets back to VN and asked the sole agent of Sunrise in VN for xchange if any problem occurs due to manufacturer's faults. But they say no, too.

Wonder why these things happen to me though all rackets are genuine, I confirm.

17. guh.rm

guh.rm Regular Member

Student
    Where can we find one of your dealers and may i know we know what is your name so that we can get discount? :D

18. Derrick Tan

Still waiting for your dealers............

19. guh.rm

guh.rm Regular Member

Student
    Haha...maybe he forgotten already:D ...or maybe it's top secret info for the "secret society"? :eek:

20. slamie

slamie Regular Member

yeah, can you tell me your agent, coz I wanna buy a rackets, original made in japan and have waranty, thx