User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which scoring system do you prefer?

Voters
721. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old 15x3 service based scoring

    576 79.89%
  • New 21x3 rally based scoring

    145 20.11%
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Results 834 to 842 of 842
  1. #834
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xt6666
    Sure you can come back from a 9-20, but you will have to make 11 points in a row, very very unlikely... I mean when you can make 11 points in a row, why are you trailing 9-20? Not warmed up?

    In the OSS when you opponent had match or gamepoint, he had to win 2 points in a row the win the set, you always had a chance to get the service back with one point...

    Sure, everything is possible, I also saw LCW making a great 7 point comeback against LD... But, how often will that happend compared with the OSS? Very few times...

    But that's what many fans want to see... They want to see their idols fighting back and win the match.

    I also play with the NSS since 6 or 7 month, but just because I have to...
    You can't play "official" matches with "wrong" rules... Otherwise I would play with the OSS.
    ok, not such a big issue for me though, I just love the game, just giving my 2 cents worth... But for now I guess you have to play with the NSS, hope you enjoy it as we do...

  2. #835
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8 Falcon
    I disagree. At 15-20 down, 1 mistake in 5 points costs you the game whereas at 10-14 down you only lose if you make that mistake on your opponents serve. Massive difference.
    True, but in another poit of view, 15-20 down, you dont need to get back a serve, you just need 7 straight points to win 20-22, unlikely?, maybe so, but you'll also need atleast 7 points and 2 service breaks(when your opponent is 1st serve) to win 17-14 from a 10-14 score in the OSS. there is a difference? yes, but as ive said, its how we play the game not the scoring system.

  3. #836
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Badminton Court
    Posts
    1,728
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow! NSS has reached 20%...

  4. #837
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xt6666
    Wow! NSS has reached 20%...
    Nah! No big deal. It will reach 99% in twenty years, but what is the point?

  5. #838
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Badminton Court
    Posts
    1,728
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The point is, that at the beginning I think just 10% voted for the NSS...

    That's why I would like to start a new poll with the same question...

    Because you can just vote 1 time, so when you voted too early for the OSS you can't chance anymore...

    It would be interessting to see how many people would vote for the NSS in a new poll...

  6. #839
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i noticed that they change the system, and unluckily enough, I didn't watch much badminton after they changed it. recently, i start to watch it again, in singles I understand how is go.. But for doubles, I am still confused .. specailly is, who is suppose to serve?

  7. #840
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    HBC
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xt6666
    The point is, that at the beginning I think just 10% voted for the NSS...

    That's why I would like to start a new poll with the same question...

    Because you can just vote 1 time, so when you voted too early for the OSS you can't chance anymore...

    It would be interessting to see how many people would vote for the NSS in a new poll...
    It goes both ways -- how about people who have been disillusioned by the NSS and can't change their vote now?

    Anyway, strictly for amusement, here's an estimate: I think around the time IBF made the change permanent, NSS was at around 16%, with the OSS votes around 300. This means there were about 60 votes for the NSS at that time. Since then, it has acquired an additional 84 votes, and the OSS has garnered 276. I have never been good at arithmetic, but that looks to me like a current vote share of 23% for the NSS.

    I think the reason there hasn't been a new poll is because of the difficulty in phrasing the questions. How does one distinguish between having to play NSS under duress vs playing it because it gives you an advantage vs playing it to train for tournaments vs playing it because you think it is god's gift to badminton?

  8. #841
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,782
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default NSS poll is rising to 20% as at 12-Jan-2007

    Greetings,

    On 9-Oct-2006, I posted this.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc

    Hi taneepak and FEND.,

    Perhaps what you 2 are saying is true.

    The poll has risen from 13% to 18% since 2 months ago.
    And today, 12-Jan-2007, it has risen to 20%.

    But don't forget what 2NDround said on 10-Oct-2006.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2NDround

    As I have said before, if you wait 20 years it will be 100%
    Cheers... chris@ccc

  9. #842
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,001
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now that the NSS has been adopted for a year, I have created a brand new poll to see how everybody thinks of it. it should be more fair of a poll since everybody should have enough exposure to it.

    so please go there and vote again, and continue discussions there:

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=39849

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Similar Threads

  1. I vote for 15 point rally system for Olympics and other majors
    By maximR in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 5
    : 01-20-2011, 04:36 PM
  2. A Year Later: Let's vote on the New/Old Scoring System again.
    By kwun in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 513
    : 03-01-2009, 08:49 PM
  3. New Scoring System (21-Rally point system)
    By MikeJ in forum Jonas Rasmussen Forum
    Replies: 21
    : 06-05-2006, 06:03 AM
  4. new 7 point system??
    By wong in forum General Forum
    Replies: 7
    : 04-26-2006, 10:34 PM
  5. WS Point System for SO '05
    By cheongsa in forum Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005
    Replies: 1
    : 06-29-2005, 07:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •