User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which scoring system do you prefer?

Voters
721. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old 15x3 service based scoring

576 79.89%
  • New 21x3 rally based scoring

145 20.11%
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default -

Some of the management principles , reasearch methods etc quoted here

are sth. if such things were done at undergraduate level the student will

get an immediate D.

Management styles, decision making processses, research etc are very varied, it all depend on the situation.

Bureaucratic styles perhaps are more suitable for runnng hospitals,

governments etc, they may not be suitable for say Microsoft corporation.

I think theyoung are even more resistant to change and challenge than the experienced, they seem very good at treating books as the gospel truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default -

Then again things like that depend on culture.

That's why globalisation is a load of crap unless it is related to WTO.

What happened to Sven what's his name would be considered petty nit

picking elsewhere .although he achieved so mich for football.

Applies to so many football managers too but in other places they would have been forgiven.

Even in Asia people like Frost etc have had the same problem.

That's why people like like LI Yong Bo are still valued in their societies and

still achieving.

Still the high standards demanded of some cultures have today made them

very wealthy.

Many allegations have been made against Gunalan or li Yong Bo but are they really the truth?

And who's perfect?Maybe he will suceed like Li?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing the scoring system, or any laws of badminton, can only be done at an interval of once in every four years. Only in special circumstances can this 4 years be waived, and that is when 4/5 of all the votes request for an urgent change.
    The new scoring system is a proposed change in the laws of badminton. Any such changes must meet a threshhold of 2/3 of the votes, an extremely high threshhold. The new system will be defeated even if it wins a simple majority of the votes or any majority below 2/3. It is like changing the constitution of a country, very difficult and a built-in check and balance against hasty decisions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=CWB001]
    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor
    On the other hand since every point will be crucial it could be more exiting for the crowd.
    QUOTE]

I fear you have accidentally hit the nail on the head
    Try taking away the second serve from tennis. Same principle applies. The doubles game in badminton will suffer badly. Anyway, the crowd will have their say. I don't like it personally but like in the 7 point system, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. They should improve on other things like allowing the umpire to overrride line judges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn
    Have not beem reading stuff here but recently managed to watch the complete version of 1997 World Championship final between Sun Jun and Rasmussen.

The racquet skill of Sun Jun was fantastic especially when playing with one leg.Also the accuracy and consistency and court craft of both players were amazing,I dont see many players like that today or even in the past.

Perhaps in the new system tragedies like what happened to Sun Jun would not happen again.

Or what happened to Chen Hong in 2003 All england Final or Lee chong Wei against Lin Dan in recent All England or whatever is now happening to Gade.
    Where did you watch that? I caught that game only in the 3rd set in 97. Would love to watch the whole thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

old system was fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Let us vote for the New or Old point system

Hi friends,

I vote for the old system because:-

1) A 15-0 victory is possble only in the old system

2)Some show-off movements can be made when we serve.No harm will happen.But we should be cautious when we receive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=clifflim]
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    They should improve on other things like allowing the umpire to overrride line judges.
    They can......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that if the IBF were to persist with the old scoring system there is a good chance that the mixed doubles will be dropped. Having all the 5 formats but with reduced total time will go some way to fend this off. This is the case with both tennis and table tennis. There are rumours they are even talking about dropping the doubles in table tennis in the 2008 Olympics and replacing them with something else.
    Badminton is lucky to have all the 5 formats included in the Olympics. But this will make it difficult to defend should the tennis and table tennis federations want to push for mixed doubles in 2008 in Beijing. They can always argue why only for badminton and not for them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=serviceover]
    Quote Originally Posted by clifflim

They can......
    yeah, but it's damn risky.. and they will only overrule if it was clearly out from their viewpoint on the chair. this usually only happens for the sidelines on their side, and the servicelines (because the linejudges either fall asleep or can't see the line because the player is stood between them and the shuttle)

lol - neway - why am i defending line judges and umpires in a thread abuot the new or the old poitns system..

coops

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why change the rules of a game which is ancient?

Badminton is the oldest racket sport.....leave it the way it is!

There you go Longreach is getting mad again! rraaaahhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Thumbs up for Taneepak

Please refer to the following for a change of paradigm:

1) Tanee's comments

2) Latest news from punch:
    http://www.internationalbadminton.or...itle_jan30.asp

And below is a pdf of the new game:

http://www.badminton.org.au/Rally%20..._20%5B1%5D.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongReach
    Why change the rules of a game which is ancient?

Badminton is the oldest racket sport.....leave it the way it is!

There you go Longreach is getting mad again! rraaaahhhh!
    Agree with you!... let's play a pure badminton game! now every player are busy to switch to new point system which alot of fans think is necessary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terry
    Agree with you!... let's play a pure badminton game! now every player are busy to switch to new point system which alot of fans think is necessary

Yes, Puriety! Don't fix things that are not broken!----> what next? an overhead service like tennis,lol j/k

Keep badminton original and pure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from badzine.de:
    http://badzine.de/news.asp?id=609

Taufik Hidayat and Peter Gade criticize "3x21"

Olympia winner Taufik Hidayat expressed itself on the occasion of the Thomas Cup qualification of the Asia zone in India little pleased over the new system....
    "I do not like the system at all. In order to be honest, I can begin whit it absolutely nothing. And I know that all the current top players see that exactly the same ".
    Peter Gade, recently express itself similarly to the press agency AFP: "I cannot imagine that the IBF prefers this system. For me is a pure political affair. Table tennis had the last 50 years exactly this system. They changed it with large success on 5x11, because the old system was not tv fitting. And now we take this system and believe, that would be the best system for us. Nobody could bring me so far a reason for it. We had the chance to make badminton more exciting. With 15 point system a match can be exciting only with 11-11 or 12-12. And now we play to 21, which makes still worse all. All pure politics. I think, the Asian people regret it now that they not have taken the 5x7 system and now naturally can't any longer back. 5x7 is the best system for our kind of sport ", explains Peter Gade.

Hope this translation is ok since the german text itself was a (not so good)translation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdbc74
    from badzine.de:

Olympia winner Taufik Hidayat expressed itself on the occasion of the Thomas Cup qualification of the Asia zone in India little pleased over the new system....
    "I do not like the system at all. In order to be honest, I can begin whit it absolutely nothing. And I know that all the current top players see that exactly the same ".
    Peter Gade, recently express itself similarly to the press agency AFP: "I cannot imagine that the IBF prefers this system. For me is a pure political affair. Table tennis had the last 50 years exactly this system. They changed it with large success on 5x11, because the old system was not tv fitting. And now we take this system and believe, that would be the best system for us. Nobody could bring me so far a reason for it. We had the chance to make badminton more exciting. With 15 point system a match can be exciting only with 11-11 or 12-12. And now we play to 21, which makes still worse all. All pure politics. I think, the Asian people regret it now that they not have taken the 5x7 system and now naturally can't any longer back. 5x7 is the best system for our kind of sport ", explains Peter Gade.

Hope this translation is ok since the german text itself was a (not so good)translation.

Yes, it is time for all to stand up and fight! This is destroying the game which is rich in tradition and puriety! It is what diffines badminton as a racket sport and differs from others and should be kepted. The rules of the badminton will be lost.......fight to keep these acient laws of battle with the use of a shuttlecock.......it is what separates us as a whole! Why change a game that has been around longer than everything else?

Do not anger longreach, he is more powerfull than you think! muahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdbc74
    from badzine.de:

You see guys...even Taufik and Gade dun like this 21 point system...

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast