User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Question about 4 knots

    Hi,

    I have question about 4 knots. I'm new for the stringing. I want to know what is the lenght for MAIN and CROSS if I want to string my AT800 and TI SWING POWER with 4 knots, and would that be okay if I string it at 23lb (MAIN) and 22 (CROSS) or it have to be even 22lb (MAIN) and 22lb (CROSS)?

    Please let me know.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAST!
    Hi,

    I have question about 4 knots. I'm new for the stringing. I want to know what is the lenght for MAIN and CROSS if I want to string my AT800 and TI SWING POWER with 4 knots, and would that be okay if I string it at 23lb (MAIN) and 22 (CROSS) or it have to be even 22lb (MAIN) and 22lb (CROSS)?

    Please let me know.

    Thanks in advance.
    i cut out 5m for the main. and 4,5m for teh crosses..

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    i cut out 5m for the main. and 4,5m for teh crosses..
    Thanks. How about tension? Do it have to be the same or different?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAST!
    Thanks. How about tension? Do it have to be the same or different?
    dunno.
    i always cut it, to be on the safe side. it's not really accurate like 5,45m because you need some length to tie the knots..
    i usually waste about 20cm total..

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    dunno.
    i always cut it, to be on the safe side. it's not really accurate like 5,45m because you need some length to tie the knots..
    i usually waste about 20cm total..
    Oh, I know about that. But how about tension? how many lbs you use for your racquet?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i use 20lbs at this moment. some players here think it's the minimum..but like it like it..going to gradually up-it. some players go up to about 30 lbs...

    i say: start with 20..

    mind you i'm not an expert..and just 16..

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    i use 20lbs at this moment. some players here think it's the minimum..but like it like it..going to gradually up-it. some players go up to about 30 lbs...

    i say: start with 20..

    mind you i'm not an expert..and just 16..
    Thanks alot of your help.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bell tower
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm no expert either, but I think in general Yonex recommends crosses be strung 2lbs, or 10% to be more specific, tighter than mains. You can search the stringing forum for more details.

    Personally, I string the crosses on my racquets 2lbs over. Whenever I string the crosses the same tension as the mains on customers' racquets, I feel that they come out slightly round. I can't always tell by looking, but I can feel the head and throat support posts are tight when I release them.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    I'm no expert either, but I think in general Yonex recommends crosses be strung 2lbs, or 10% to be more specific, tighter than mains. You can search the stringing forum for more details.

    Personally, I string the crosses on my racquets 2lbs over. Whenever I string the crosses the same tension as the mains on customers' racquets, I feel that they come out slightly round. I can't always tell by looking, but I can feel the head and throat support posts are tight when I release them.
    Quasimodo is right. Also, depend on the string type. If you use 10m pack, people usually cut @ 5.2m (or 17ft) for main so 4.8m (or 16ft) for cross in general. This length is also good for reel strings. If you want to save a little on the string, 5m for main and 4.5m for cross will do for most of hand crank and electric maching. If you use drop weight machine, 5m might be a little short for the last main. I will suggest you use longer main when you first try. Also you should follow YY's instruction by adding 2 lb more on the cross. Search the forum for the reason.

    Also search the forum on how to string and you will find a lot of useful info and post. Read Kwun's artical too. Have fun!

Similar Threads

  1. mx80 stringing 2 knots or 4 knots?
    By hypadunkz in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 1
    : 02-24-2012, 07:14 PM
  2. Tie the knots technique question...
    By OC2007 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 8
    : 05-11-2008, 11:14 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    : 12-21-2006, 02:20 PM
  4. No. of knots
    By Byro-Nenium in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 13
    : 02-07-2001, 04:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •