User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How is my Stringing job?

    hi there,

    I've been stringing my own (and sometimes others) rackets for a while. (maybe a year or 2) and i decided to start doing it for money (not making me rich, but he...making 5 Euro's in 45 minutes is nice, for a 16 year old)
    so here a pic of my stringing on my at500. at 19lbs, with the BG-80.
    i hope teh pic is clear..it's 21:00 here..and other angles you want to see?
    I did it in 45-min, with 2 strings - 4 knots.

    cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jerby; 09-04-2005 at 01:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Overall, I think it's not bad. However, according to Yonex string pattern, u seem have 1 more cross at the bottom. Therefore, instead of tie off main @ B8 and cross @B7, u did @ B7 and B6 instead.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cannock, UK
    Posts
    2,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Overall, I think it's not bad. However, according to Yonex string pattern, u seem have 1 more cross at the bottom. Therefore, instead of tie off main @ B8 and cross @B7, u did @ B7 and B6 instead.
    I thought Yonex standard was mains tie off at B8 and cross ties off at B6

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok..so i have 1 cross-string to many..how does this effect the feeling of the racket? am i damaging it? why does yonex recommend i use 1 string less? i always cut of 5,5m vert. and 4,5 cross...why should i do i string less if i have enough string..wich will otherwise be wasted?

    another pic..the bottom. the long(est) string there is form teh vertical's..and i 'locked' it into place with on of the hor.strings.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jerby; 09-05-2005 at 08:42 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    I thought Yonex standard was mains tie off at B8 and cross ties off at B6
    You are perfectly right. It's my fault.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    ok..so i have 1 cross-string to many..how does this effect the feeling of the racket? am i damaging it? why does yonex recommend i use 1 string less? i always cut of 5,5m vert. and 4,5 cross...why should i do i string less if i have enough string..wich will otherwise be wasted?

    another pic..the bottom. the long(est) string there is form teh vertical's..and i 'locked' it into place with on of the hor.strings.
    I believe the more cross u have, the stiffer the string bed will feel. The official string pattern has it's reason behind it. It's not like if u have string left, u need to use all up. If i have enough, I still can't string every possible cross like (36?) for all, right?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ohh, all right. stiffness is ok for me..
    think people(myslef, and you included) notice the difference when i do 1 string less (in stiffness)?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bell tower
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    ohh, all right. stiffness is ok for me..
    think people(myslef, and you included) notice the difference when i do 1 string less (in stiffness)?
    I honestly doubt it. You can try it yourself. Or, ask some of your friends to try two racquets strung identically except one has 1 "extra" cross.

    I've tried it myself and on some of my friends and none of us can tell the difference.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ohh ok..thnx for teh tips!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In my region, every f*ckin shop use 23 cross i'm am the only one with 22 and there still lots of people that can wipe my ass on a badminton court so don't worry about the extra cross

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benasp
    In my region, every f*ckin shop use 23 cross i'm am the only one with 22 and there still lots of people that can wipe my ass on a badminton court so don't worry about the extra cross
    IMHO, the extra string add stiffness to the string bed. It add more control and less the power. According to jerby, he use 4 knots method, as far as I can see, one of the tide off is at the wrong position. I assume the cross tide off is @b7 and that is not a share hole. I don't think that is a good practice. I would recommend to use Yonex string patter or use 2 knots (1 piece) method if player requested 1 extra cross.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah but i mean before i started strigning my racquet, the shop always made 23 cross and i couldn't feel difference in performance. So there no need for a restring, but do it with 22 cross next time

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what's the effect of tieing it of at that grommet?

Similar Threads

  1. single stringing and double stringing
    By n00b in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 4
    : 05-17-2012, 11:08 PM
  2. Stringing with Gamma X-2 Tennis Stringing machine
    By badmad in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 3
    : 09-01-2011, 05:12 PM
  3. FS: a stringing machine and all the stringing tools [UK]
    By cliffhu in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
  4. Tennis stringing vs badminton stringing
    By ionoo in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 6
    : 04-21-2007, 03:07 AM
  5. Electronic Stringing v/s manual stringing
    By crazy_smasher in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 5
    : 09-30-2003, 10:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •