prosperity bonus

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by cooler, Sep 21, 2005.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ok u boys and girls, our premier had just ok the bonus cheques to ALL albertans for 400 bucks. If your parents are reasonable, your 400$ should be yours. Don't let your parents blow your 400$ on socks, 649, dim sum, ghost(fake) paper monies or other stupid things :D. The poor babies, they wouldn't have any say to their 400$ at all :eek:

If your parents try to con u out of your check, show them this news
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Albertans to get $400 each from the province's burgeoning surplus cash
    Tue Sep 20,11:01 PM ET

LETHBRIDGE, Alta. (CP) - Every man, woman and child in Alberta will get $400 from the province's unbudgeted surplus, the Alberta government announced Tuesday.

Premier Ralph Klein said the money, the result of burgeoning oil and gas wealth, will hopefully be distributed to the heads of households by the end of the year. Klein said the surplus cash will also flow into two other priority areas - infrastructure projects and various endowments.

Marisa Etmanski, a spokeswoman for the premier, said few details of those programs have been worked out yet.

As for the "give-it-back" portion, Etmanski noted it will not impact on expected natural gas rebates this year, nor will those on social assistance have their regular payments clawed back as a result of the bonus.

Etmanski said the money will not be subject to provincial taxes, though she added it has not yet been worked out with the federal government whether it can be exempt there, as well.

#1 cooler, Sep 21, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  2. sunofabeach

sunofabeach Regular Member

my money will be going to new bike parts :D

3. rainbow

rainbow Regular Member

So that's why the malls have been jam-packed with people shopping way ahead of the X'mas rush.

I guess if you have 5 kids or so, you're looking at a very cool big screen plasma TV from Santa. Wow....

4. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    What if I want to move there right now. Would I still be eligible for a cheque if I become a citizen? Lol.

5. versionone_

versionone_ Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    That's good for the kids that have jobs.

If you're unemployed, the gov't takes a percentage of it as "income" because you don't pay taxes. Whatever money I get, I'm buying a Babolat or the N3 racquet. Rest, save for tuition.

:D Gots to love Alberta.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

no since we have no record of u.
    we go by last census record or income tax record.

7. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    just in time for the expensive gas bills.. :crying:

8. xXxchel-cxXx

xXxchel-cxXx New Member

actually no they dont. i have to do a current events project on it. they are making a list with tax roles. and anyone living here as of november the 1st. is eligible to recieve the bonus.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hope u didnt push your rusted jalopy into alberta border after sept 1., 2005.
    If u missed the deadline, u can alway try the next wed. 649 lotto, a record 40$ million payout.

-----------------------
    Anyone living in the province as of Sept. 1, 2005 – including children – will be eligible for a share of the province's projected surplus. Premier Ralph Klein has said the surplus, fuelled by soaring oil and gas prices, could hit $8.8 billion this year.

McClellan, releasing details of the program Tuesday, said tax-free cheques would be sent directly to every Albertan over 18 who filed a tax return in 2004.

Cheques for those under 18 – including any child born in the province in 2005 – will be sent to their primary caregiver, usually the mother.

Homeless Albertans are also eligible for the rebate, and McClellan says the province will work with shelters and agencies to get the money to those without fixed addresses.

#9 cooler, Oct 23, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2005