User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Shon Seung Mo

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Shon Seung Mo

    I was wondering what is up with him ever since the Olympics.
    He showed great performance in Athenes taking the silver, but decented ever since to the point of crashing 1-15 7-15 to world #29 in the 2nd round of the 2005 WC. and dropped to world ranking #16.
    I was wondering if there is any reason for it like injury/lack of training/personal problem ?
    Considering he is 25 right now he still could have at least few years to be around ...
    I would love to see him in better form in future events ...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuval_ba
    but decented ever since to the point of crashing 1-15 7-15 to world #29 in the 2nd round of the 2005 WC. and dropped to world ranking #16.
    maybe another victim for the wind...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,406
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuval_ba
    I was wondering what is up with him ever since the Olympics.
    He showed great performance in Athenes taking the silver, but decented ever since to the point of crashing 1-15 7-15 to world #29 in the 2nd round of the 2005 WC. and dropped to world ranking #16.
    I was wondering if there is any reason for it like injury/lack of training/personal problem ?
    Considering he is 25 right now he still could have at least few years to be around ...
    I would love to see him in better form in future events ...
    If you look in detail, until the WC, he had only been losing to top 10 players: Gade, Bao, Hafiz, Chen Hong and once to Boonsak Ponsana in the Sudirman Cup.

    One article I read referred vaguely to an injury but I don't know what exactly.

    It seems obvious that something happened as he didn't play any tournaments between the Olympics and the German Open in February! I thought I'd heard he had knee or back surgery but I can't find any reference to this.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by event
    It seems obvious that something happened as he didn't play any tournaments between the Olympics and the German Open in February! I thought I'd heard he had knee or back surgery but I can't find any reference to this.
    Sohn Seungmo had a foot surgery last year. His fitness level was bad at German Open. This injury is a chronicle one, and he had it during the Athens Olympics, too. Maybe you all noticed that he could hardly walk at the finals match against Taufik Hidayat.

    Hopefully, he can recover and show his best at the end of this year.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bell tower
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    maybe another victim for the wind...
    May be so, but from what I saw he beat himself most of the time by hitting into the net, long, wide, etc. Ghaffar didn't make it any easier for him either.

Similar Threads

  1. SHON wan ho serve
    By lilyaks in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 1
    : 10-01-2010, 05:27 AM
  2. SHON Wan Ho racquet
    By lilyaks in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 1
    : 09-29-2010, 10:05 PM
  3. Shon Seung-Mo
    By Eurasian =--(O) in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 3
    : 05-04-2006, 02:26 AM
  4. Taufik Hidayat or Shon Seung Mo for GOLD?
    By kwun in forum Olympics ATHENS 2004
    Replies: 71
    : 08-22-2004, 05:58 AM
  5. Chen Hong vs. Shon Seung Mo
    By kwun in forum World Championships 2003
    Replies: 9
    : 08-06-2003, 12:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •